You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Marcus McCauley
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  

McCauley with our first round pick ?
Yes
64%
 64%  [ 9 ]
No
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 14

ako

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Marcus McCauley Reply with quote

Would you want us to pick him in the first if the top 4 corners (Hall, Revis, Houston, Ross) were gone ?
socalsaints

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote yes, but if Bowe was still there I would be tempted to take him and pray that something else happens for us at CB.

Thanks to Broncos_Baby for the sig!
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

socalsaints wrote:
I vote yes, but if Bowe was still there I would be tempted to take him and pray that something else happens for us at CB.

I agree here...but I would want someone besides McCauley.

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
CRUISEMAN4

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that happens, I am taking Bowe...I'd rather have arguably the second best reciever in the draft than the 5th best corner...I feel like there is more value with Bowe in our spot than McCauley.....plus, he's a local boy...

I have every faith that the corner spot will work out...either by trade, trade up in the draft, moving a safety over, or miracle (ie Colston), this franchise will find a solution to Fred Thomas.....
NOSaints

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes but only if a top DT isn't there I wouldn't mind having Tank Tyler. But we definitely need a CB and McCauley has all the physical tools he just needs work on his fundamentals.
D24pick

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOSaints wrote:
yes but only if a top DT isn't there I wouldn't mind having Tank Tyler. But we definitely need a CB and McCauley has all the physical tools he just needs work on his fundamentals.
Yes. McCauley can arguably beat out any CB in the draft. He has the strength, height, speed, and hops, and reaction and one-on-one shutdown ability. He makes plays and creates turnovers a bit. We could definitely coach em up, he or Ross I like, its obviously the others aren't gonna be there.

Ross is Deion Sanders
McCauley is Chris McAllister

-Saints Assistant GM FFMD07-
Drew_Brees_9

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the others said if Bowe or Tyler was there i would go with them and Wright in the 2nd. But McCauley is worth the pick he had a down year as a senior because he was trying not to get hurt, atleast thats what he said.
mattmatt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, McCauley wouldn't be a horrible chose, he def. would be an upgrade. I would want to take Bowe or Tyler over McCauley but all in all i wouldn't complain about having another M. Mc at corner

Keato
D24pick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCauley would be great, but Tyler or Bowe could be a bit better. I like Meachem over Bowe anyways

whitemike84

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Ross got Toasted! Reply with quote

D24pick wrote:
NOSaints wrote:
Yes. McCauley can arguably beat out any CB in the draft. He has the strength, height, speed, and hops, and reaction and one-on-one shutdown ability. He makes plays and creates turnovers a bit. We could definitely coach em up, he or Ross I like, its obviously the others aren't gonna be there.

Ross is Deion Sanders

If we are talking about the same Ross, I don't believe we are!?!? Because the Ross I saw got toasted by some white guy from Iowa! I don't think that Ross is the next Deion, NOT EVEN CLOSE!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Ross got Toasted! Reply with quote

whitemike84 wrote:
D24pick wrote:
NOSaints wrote:

Ross is Deion Sanders

If we are talking about the same Ross, I don't believe we are!?!? Because the Ross I saw got toasted by some [EDITED] guy from Iowa! I don't think that Ross is the next Deion, NOT EVEN CLOSE!!

Natters of race will not be discussed in the forum. Even something as basic as you said. Please refrain from that next time.

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
GeauxLSUTigers

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D24pick wrote:
NOSaints wrote:

Ross is Deion Sanders

You see I just hate this statement for first round picks. Nothing against your assessment of McCauley either, but the fact that this comes up alot with this player and the fact that he was indeed benched (for any reason but especially) because of poor play says he isnt worth a first rounder, especially on a position like CB which might be the hardest (2nd hardest at worst) position to transition to in the NFL.

Now a second rounder or later for a project player? Sure. But not a first rounder IMO, especially not for a position of such dire immediate need.

1958, 2003, and 2007 National Champions!
D24pick

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Ross got Toasted! Reply with quote

whitemike84 wrote:
D24pick wrote:
NOSaints wrote:

Ross is Deion Sanders

If we are talking about the same Ross, I don't believe we are!?!? Because the Ross I saw got toasted by some white guy from Iowa! I don't think that Ross is the next Deion, NOT EVEN CLOSE!!
Not saying he is Deion Sanders man just saying his style of play is similar to Deion's

D24pick

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeauxLSUTigers wrote:
D24pick wrote:
NOSaints wrote:

Ross is Deion Sanders

You see I just hate this statement for first round picks. Nothing against your assessment of McCauley either, but the fact that this comes up alot with this player and the fact that he was indeed benched (for any reason but especially) because of poor play says he isnt worth a first rounder, especially on a position like CB which might be the hardest (2nd hardest at worst) position to transition to in the NFL.

Now a second rounder or later for a project player? Sure. But not a first rounder IMO, especially not for a position of such dire immediate need.
I wasn't meaning it in like a way where he has alot to work on. Saying in means of NFL conditioning and NFL play. Certainly he's ready, I'm just judging by how good the Saints staff have been of letely with their players, saying maybe they could coach em up to a Top DB in the NFL already, knowing that isn
t likely

CHITWN_Bear_25

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you guys forget you have Reggie Bush......

The reason the chargers dont draft a lot of WR's is because of LTs catching ability, with gates.....

Colston is a sure fire 1000 yard reciever easily, Henderson Will improve I think, and COpper is Decent. But bush was close to 1000 yards off just dump passes.

Hes got better hands then copper definitely,you got Deuce, u got Johnson......

Honestly Mccauley(if Hall,revis arent there) has more potential then those guys.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: