Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Prospects for the Ravens

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: My Prospects for the Ravens Reply with quote

David Pollack, DE, Georgia- Big suprise here huh guys? Seriously though, i really like Pollack. I feel like he can come in and make an impact right away. Hes got the best motor in the draft and he never gives up on a play. Hes great against the run and the pass and has excellent insticnts. Pollack is very high character and has an outstanding work ethic. Sure hes not the cookie cutter image of a perfect DE, but he makes plays despite being undersized, not strong enough, not fast enough and whatever else the critics have to say. I think Pollack fits the Ravens mold perfectly and will continue our legacy of first round probowlers. Depending on training camp and preseason, Pollack could start at DE in the 4-3 and depending on what Ryan wants to do with him he could play a little OLB as well. My favorite player in the draft: David Pollack. i can almost hear it now, "With the 22nd selection in the 2005 NFL draft the Baltimore Ravens select defensive end from the University of Georgia, David Pollack".....

Barrett Ruud, LB, Nebraska- Ruud is my favorite linebacker in this years draft class. Like Pollack hes got a great motor and will never give up on a play. He plays with great quickness and runs sideline to sideline to hunt down ball carriers. Ruud has good instincts and is an excellent student of the game. I know statistics shouldnt be a huge factor in deciding which prospect you like, but i cant help it when i see Ruud posted nearly 300 tackles in his final 2 seasons(while playing through several nagging injuries). 300 tackles in 22 games in the Big 12 conference is phenominal. Ruud is also very versatile as he can play inside or outside. With the Ravens, Ruud would serve as Ray's primary backup as well as his successor in a few years and can also backup Tommy Polley at OLB.

Jason Brown, C, North Carolina- I absolutly love this guy. Brown is an excellent run blocker that plays with great passion and determination. Hes a very tough and aggresive drive blocker and loves the contact. He works hard to finish his blocks and wont stop till the whistle blows. Browns very mature(married), has a strong work ethic and has an inspirational story relating to his older brother who was killed in Iraq just after the 2003 season. He decided to dedicate the rest of his life to his brother and has more determination then ever, his senior season was by far his best. With the Ravens, Brown would fill right into Casey Rabach's shoes as Mike Flynn's primary backup and would also backup our guards.

Pete McMahon, OT, Iowa- At 6-7 325lbs, McMahon has great size. Hes a great run blocker but is still solid against the pass because of his long arms. He shouldnt have problems with bull rushers because of his size, however sometimes he isnt quite fast enough to get outside to block a speed rusher. Still McMahon excells in drive blocking and is incredibly tough. He always works hard and finishes the play. With the Ravens, i would see McMahon as Orlando Brown's primary backup and hopefully eventual replacement.

Abraham Elimian, CB, Hawaii- Elimian is excels in press coverage and is great at jamming WRs at the line. Hes got a good back pedal and changes directions well. Hes also a willing tackler that will come up quickly and wrap up the ball carrier. Elimian, like the rest of my prospects has good work ethic and a desire to improve. With the Ravens depending on who might go ahead of him he could either be a nickel or very strong dimeback and would also provide us with some solid young depth.

Erik Pears, OT, Colorado State- Pears is a developmental project, but at 6-8 with quick hands and feet he already has the foundatin for becoming a solid tackle, especially good in pass protection. Hes not an excellent run blocker because of a lack of technique and strenghth. Pears is very tough and always plays hard. Hes got an outstanding work ethic and the drive to become a better player. Good coaching and a couple seasons in the weightroom is all Pears needs to become a solid offensive linemen. With the ravens he would provide us with some good young talent along the Oline and could become a strong player in a few years.

Tim Bulman, DT, Boston College- Another developmental guy for the 6th or 7th round. Bulman is undersized at only 290lbs, but he is very physical and plays with a mean streak. He explodes of the ball and is relentless in getting to the ball. He lacks bulk and needs to improve technique, but like with Pears, that nothing good coaching a few seasons in the weight room cant fix. Bulman has an excellent attitude and has good potential. With the Ravens, he would provide us with some depth at DT and could develope into a solid player a few years down the road. Again in the 6th or 7th round, his reward far outwieghs the risk.

Ok i got tired of writing my analysis things, il try add more later this week when ive got more time. Here are other guys i really like for us:

Eric Green, CB, Virginia Tech
Matt Roth, DE, Iowa
Claude Terrell, G, New Mexico
Ray Willis, OT, Florida State
Wes Sims, G, Oklahoma
Kirk Morrison, MLB, San Diego State
Sean Considine, FS, Iowa
Dustin Fox, DB, Ohio State
Adam Snyder, G, Oregon
And a few more, il edit this come Friday.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: