Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Oak CB Buchanan to HOU
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sterling61989

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Oak CB Buchanan to HOU Reply with quote

not sure what oak has gotten in return
bh13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2041266
Bo Jackson 34

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Raiders received second- (47th overall) and third-round (73rd or 78th overall ) choices in this year's draft.

Maybe the Raiders will now package one of their 2nd rounders and a WR (Gabriel, Morant, Francis or Whitted) or both 3rd rounders and a WR for a later 1st.

I guess we'll see what else they have in store.
DaKingPin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this was a stupid trade. Buchannon was a good corner. He is definetly worth a first round pick. Now if the raiders trade woodson also they won't have any defense. Before this their secondary was at least good.
Bo Jackson 34

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a stretch or wishful thinking.

There had been talk about a deal between the Raiders and Washington. But rather than Buchanan, maybe it will be for Woodson and maybe one of the 2nd or 3rd rounders to the Skins for their newly acquired 1st rounder (25th overall).

This cap space would allow the Raiders to make a run at former Titan CB Andre Dyson, who had 6 INTs and 15 pass deflections last yr and will only be 26 in May. Although 5 INTs came against Miami, Cincinatti, 2 vs. Chicago and Detroit.
downfieldthreat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This means we don't deal Woodson now don't you think???
Tall_Ogre

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Washington getting that extra 1st round pick shows it could happen. Trading PB was a good idea. Once in a while he makes the big plays, and the rest of the time he gets burnt. Good deal by the Raiders.
theMadStork

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoever it was that said Buchannon is a pretty good corner hasn't seen him play.
Buchannon is terrible. he has tons of atheleticism but sucks playing corner. he can't even return punts anymore. he just has no heart. the best part is that he THINKS that he is a superstar.

Texans absolutely got screwed in this deal.
theMadStork

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

by the way, there is still a very good chance that Woodson will be dealt.

we picked up Renaldo Hill from ARZ to possibly start, but most likely play nickle.

Nnamdi Asomugha was our 1st rounder 2 years ago and is ready to be the regular starter and we have plenty of draft picks to grab a cb or trade for a vet.
if woodson is traded, we'd likely get a 1st or 2nd for him, and his replacement could be had with that pick through draft or trade. in doing this, the Raiders would save A HUGE amount of $$$$.
Dark Knight

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great deal for my Silver and Black. Buchanon is not a team player....and he pissed everyone in Oakland off.....execs, and the fans......not a good thing. Now Raiders can get the best available CB with one of their 2nd round picks....and still get the best pass rushing OLB/DE with the other pick. Great move by Oakland! In the 3rd round they can look to get Adrian McPherson possibly with one of their 3rd round picks and then also get the best DL or ILB available....perhaps a SS also.....Raiders have alot of flexibilty now. They also have enough ammo, to potentially trade up if need be. Yeah!
Dark Knight

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theMadStork wrote:
whoever it was that said Buchannon is a pretty good corner hasn't seen him play.
Buchannon is terrible. he has tons of atheleticism but sucks playing corner. he can't even return punts anymore. he just has no heart. the best part is that he THINKS that he is a superstar.

Texans absolutely got screwed in this deal.

you hit it right on the head with Buchanaon. He wasn't a team player.....and he lacks heart. Way too inconsistent of a player..and plus he didn't want to be around anymore! So screw him! We got a heck of a deal....and now we can add some solid young and hungry players......and we also have the flexibility to move up in the draft! Solid deal by the Raiders....a great move.
kjherrm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only part of this trade that sucks is that buchannon is a low salary guy. With Oakland in a Cap jam they needed to trade a higher salary. Otherwise it was a great deal. The raiders lost a bad attitude and are going to gain two good players. Now all Al Davis needs to do is actually just make woodson the highest paid corner. Thats all he wants and he will happily stay in oakland
Bo Jackson 34

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree about Woodson. Does any corner deserve $10M with the new rules? Especially, one that was league leader in illegal contact. Woodson has not performed like a Top 5/10 CB in 3 yrs. Were teams avoiding him?? Possibly. I think that the money he wants is way to HIGH for the leagues current rules and too much baggage (a recent history of injuries, the undercutting of former coach Bill Callahan, a recent arrest on charges of public intoxication when he was "hurt").
kjherrm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though Woodson was flagged a lot for illegal contact he still made plays. He has been banged up the last few years but he still can cover and he actually tackles. He might not be so banged up if we had some standout linebackers. Another reason for those illegal contacts is that since he was the only person on the team that could actually cover someone he had to cover tony gonzalez and antonio gates and he had to be physical with those two.
Bo Jackson 34

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Another reason for those illegal contacts is that since he was the only person on the team that could actually cover someone he had to cover tony gonzalez and antonio gates and he had to be physical with those two.

If you would have said that he was covering Moss, TO or Harrison, I would say ok, but I would think that one of the leagues best CBs would be good enough to cover 2 TEs even those as good as Gonzalez and Gates.

I am not Woodson bashing. I loved the guy abd the way he played, but I think that he wants TOO much money for a guy that has not produced at the elite level.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: