Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Oak CB Buchanan to HOU
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pickledpigsfeet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the NFL's site, Aaron Glenn is listed at 5-9, 185lbs and Buchanon is listed at 5-10, 185lbs.
texan0305

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: yup Reply with quote

lol well who in oakland has lived up to there potential in the last 10 years? it's a team full of veterans and the young commodities they have they are trying to trade them, they gave up one pick the second, if you think that corner back in the second round will come in from this draft class and make an immediate impact your gravely mistaken, the db position is arguably the hardest position to play in football now days with all the rule changes, to get a guy with the potential that buchannon brings, and also what his proven track record has shown i think is great, they say that he bites on alot of passing routes down the field and he gets burned, well that was the same things being said about dunta and look how he turned out his rookie season, i think the db coaches in houston will work with buchannon obviously and make him into a prime time corner hopefully living up to his potential, i still dont believe if your looking to win now that a corner in the second round of this years draft is your solution, and it's not like the guy is old he's only 24, and has 4 years of nfl experience, capers eagerly wants to bolster his defense and i feel like he took a step in the right direction, this is all very opinionated subject and i think the texans made the right move in my own opinion, and no they wont trade aaron glenn he's going to finish his career here in houston or atleast thats what all indications are, he's from houston, loves playing infront of his family, so much for casserly wanting to stock pile picks, all in all i think this makes the texans a better team....
texansfan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you. I like the move and think Buchanon will be really good here. It's too bad we had to give up a 3rd rounder as well, but that's what we have to live with. Like I said tho, I could see us trading down from our top pick. St Louis might be willing to trade up to grab Barron, and Jacksonville might be too. Around the 19 spot we could still get a good player, or maybe trade down again. But nonetheless, I do like the trade for Buchanon.
downfieldthreat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My prediction with Buchanon is that his first season, he'll be trying to prove himself and end up with a good year(he alone might win games for you) But then he'll end up thinking he's great, try for the pick on every play and you guys will be so pissed that you trade him.
texan0305

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: buchannon Reply with quote

on a interview with the espn affiliate here in houston buchannon said all the right things he seemed eager to come play in texas, he seemed level headed, so we'll see how much of a team player he is, remember he's coming from oakland it'll take him some time to adjust lol anyways ya i heard casserly today state that they would probably trade down and i think thats the right move so you could get a team thats desperate for that 13th pick and maybe just maybe grab a second round pick from someone, ya i'd like to see them trade with st.louis and try to screw the rams over i would have a good laugh with that, since all the rams fans on this forum were wanting dunta in the pace trade
texansfan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The two teams I could see us trading down with would be St Louis and Jacksonville. Both teams may be willing to trade up to grab a tackle like Barron or one of the top DEs. And picking at about the 19th or 21st spot still puts us in a good position.
Luv4sports69

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
who might be interested in trading up from the 18-24 range? The Vikings likely wont, the Rams are a possibilty, the cowboys probly wont because they wont have much to deal other then thier 2nd rounder plus they already have the 11 pick, The Jags are a possbility, i doubt the Ravens would trade up, Seahawks might, and i dont think the Packers would.

So the Rams, Jags and Seahaws right? Who else might there be? Someone will have to fall in order to get a good offer i think.

Im a Packer fan and I was just looking through here and thought you might like to know that the Packers are looking to trade up because of SS Thomas Davis. The Packers have been watching Davis along with the Saints and the Bengals. Its unlikly that Davis would fall all the way to 24. So I thought I might throw that one at you guys.
mic79e

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Texans have one of the best groups of cornerbacks in the whole league. Dunta Robinson is the standout, he is going to be one of the elite corners in the league for years to come. Phillip Buchanon is a very talented second corner with great upside. Lewis Sanders is solid enough to play in nickel and dime packages, and then to top it all off the Texans signed two of the best UDFA CB (Chris McKenzie and Jerron Wishom). McKenzie is going to excel in the Texan's scheme, he is physical and is fast enough to stay with anyone. In a few years this could easily be the NFL's best group of cornerbacks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: