Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Oak CB Buchanan to HOU
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sterling61989

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Oak CB Buchanan to HOU Reply with quote

Not sure what the texans gave up yet
texansfan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where did you hear that? I've been looking around and haven't found anything on it. It would be great if it happened because he is a hell of a talent.
bh13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2041266
pickledpigsfeet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has underperformed to date and I really think that the Texans gave up way too much for him. He is a decent player, has potential, and can return kicks but he is not worth a 2nd and 3rd round pick in this draft.
The Texans now only have 2 first day picks, 1 in the first round and 1 in the 3rd.
I hope that I am proven wrong in the coming years but I think that this is a bad move. If you are going to give up two picks, why both this year when you are supposed to be building for a crucial season for your team and for the future? And why give up a 2nd and 3rd round pick for essentially someone who will play the nickel CB and special teams?
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think its a bad move for the Texans. Id rather give up a draft pick in this years draft then next years. The 2006 class should be much stronger. I think its good move for the Texans, Buchanon and Robinson are a hell of a pare of corners.
pickledpigsfeet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason I would make this trade, and I can see their thoughts, is because of the Colts' passing attack. This gives them 3 solid DB's now and you can groom Buchanon to take over for Glynn. I still think it is too much to give up but I can see why they did it.
Also, if they are able to trade down and acquire another day 1 pick, then it wouldn't be as bad. By trading down to around 20 or so, they should be able to get a late 2nd round or early 3 round pick.
If they trade down to 20, they should be in a position to get players like WR Mark Clayton, WR Roddy White, DE Demarcus Ware, DE Marcus Spears, DE David Pollack, DE Erasmus James, OG/OT Khalif Barnes, TE Heath Miller, etc.
texansfan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, that seems like an awful lot. I think now, more than ever, I could see the texans trading down from the top spot. We still have alot of pieces that we need to add.
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who might be interested in trading up from the 18-24 range? The Vikings likely wont, the Rams are a possibilty, the cowboys probly wont because they wont have much to deal other then thier 2nd rounder plus they already have the 11 pick, The Jags are a possbility, i doubt the Ravens would trade up, Seahawks might, and i dont think the Packers would.

So the Rams, Jags and Seahaws right? Who else might there be? Someone will have to fall in order to get a good offer i think.
AFD1717

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the move. Since they got the third rounder in the Drew Henson deal, they basically got Buchanon for a second and a sixth. Buchanon is big, which is something Dunta and Glenn are not. Also, Buchanon is still in his rookie contract which means he will make less than 1 million dollars for the next two years. I think it is a great move.

The flip side is that he was upset in Oakland and forced the move. He may be bringing some baggage into the locker room. If I were Aaron Glenn, I wouldn't make any down payments on houses in the Houston area. Buchanon isn't here to be a nickle back, and Robinson will be a starter for the next decade. I look for them to deal Glenn on draft day or before and get maybe a second rounder.
downfieldthreat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buchanon isn't big and he doesn't play big either. I'm actually surprised we got even a second for him. That being said... He has tremendous potential and will be a great player if he stops taking so many chances and stops being so full of himself. Overall the Raiders have the edge right now in the deal, but it could end up being a steal for the Texans.
ronniebrown

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texansfan wrote:
yeah, that seems like an awful lot. I think now, more than ever, I could see the texans trading down from the top spot. We still have alot of pieces that we need to add.

most likley they will pick alex barron and use the remaining 3rd round pick(they had 2) on robert mccune if he is available or roscoe parrish maybe frank gore in the 4th all good solutions for H-town

~ Lork
Tall_Ogre

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad News Texans Fans. PB is a bad corner. Sorry to say. He once in a while makes those bigs plays, but he gets burned a lot.
texan0305

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: my thoughts Reply with quote

I love this move, essentially when you think about it the texans traded drew henson and a 2nd round pick for a good corner, plus the guy is 24 he still has room to grow, also his cap figure is cap friendly, keep in mind this draft is a bit weak in comparison to the drafts of the recent past, also they're were rumors flying around that washington was willing to give up their 1st round pick and also there 3rd round pick, i'm real happy with the texans they made a move that will help them immediately, he's a good to great corner who also will help them in the special teams department , he's a quick corner and by the highlights he looks alot like how dunta looks as far as figure and speed goes the texans are going to have real good secondary next year when you stop and think about it, robinson, buchannon, glenn, coleman, and earl thats not too bad plus you have faggins somewhere in that mix also, so in my own opinion great move, we still have the 13th pick and then a 3rd round pick so it's not like we came up on the raw side of this deal, keep in mind his age,
goose85

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 words Ball Hawk. Love this guy as does Dom Capers.
pickledpigsfeet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: my thoughts Reply with quote

texan0305 wrote:
I love this move, essentially when you think about it the texans traded drew henson and a 2nd round pick for a good corner, plus the guy is 24 he still has room to grow, also his cap figure is cap friendly, keep in mind this draft is a bit weak in comparison to the drafts of the recent past, also they're were rumors flying around that washington was willing to give up their 1st round pick and also there 3rd round pick, i'm real happy with the texans they made a move that will help them immediately, he's a good to great corner who also will help them in the special teams department , he's a quick corner and by the highlights he looks alot like how dunta looks as far as figure and speed goes the texans are going to have real good secondary next year when you stop and think about it, robinson, buchannon, glenn, coleman, and earl thats not too bad plus you have faggins somewhere in that mix also, so in my own opinion great move, we still have the 13th pick and then a 3rd round pick so it's not like we came up on the raw side of this deal, keep in mind his age,

First, Washington came out and said there was no way they were going to give up the #9 pick in return for Buchanon and the Raiders 2nd round pick (that was the actual proposed deal).

Second, the overall draft crop may not be great, but it is deep at the CB and WR spots, exactly where the Texans need help. Instead, for the 2nd year in a row, the Texans have traded away the middle of their draft to get one player (last year traded their 2nd, 3rd, and a 4th to move up to get Babin, and now this year trading away a 2nd and 3rd to get Buchanon). They are too young of a team with too many holes to do this year after year.

Third, he is a decent to good corner at best. With a very palatble contract, why where the Raiders so eager to trade him? The few Raiders fans that have responded here agree that he certainly isn't great but may have potential.

Lastly, instead of paying such a high price to get someone that has shown both flashes of brillance and mediocrity, I would have rather taken my chances in the draft. The Texans still have multiple holes to fill and now instead of trying to fill 4 holes on the first day, we are only filling 3.

I really hope we trade down now to get an extra first day pick. And I really hope that they don't trade Glenn just yet. If he can stay healthy, he is still a huge upgrade over Buchanon or anyone else currently on the roster.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: