Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings Betting The Farm ...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hauschild

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Vikings Betting The Farm ... Reply with quote

Miami Herald Today:

"The Dolphins have been contacted by Minnesota about a possible trade as the Vikings try to find a trading partner to move up from the #7 overall pick in the NFL draft to get Michigan WR Braylon Edwards . A Vikings source confirmed that the team has talked to SF and Miami about a possible move. In addition, another source said Minnesota also is talking with Cleveland about the #3 pick. The Vikings have the #7 and #18 picks, and will be looking for the cheapest trade among the top picks."

Looks like the 'Queens are beginning to panic and are grasping at anything to pad their offensive free fall. People think losing Moss wasn't that big a deal, but obviously it was a major blow.

To the 'Queens credit, they are going after the best wideout in the draft. I'd laugh, though, if they have to give up both 1st round picks....Herschel Walker anyone???
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be scrambling if they want one of those top recievers. Chicago and Cleveland could take them, plus the Chargers would also like to move up.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard them talking about it on ESPN yesterday/ I was kinda hoping they'd do it.
DarthFavre

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was over in the Vikings board the other day and a lot of those guys are hoping they dont pull the trigger on this one.I have to agree with them .The Vikes are one of a few teams that can actually afford to pay 2 first rounders.They signed a lot of help this year on D but they shouldn't pass up some good young D help in the draft.I think they should stay where they are and take the 2 picks but thats just my opinion,I could be wrong.
marshpit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking from a Vike's perspective, here's what I've posted:

It would be a travesty if the Vikes give up 2 picks for 1 unproven player. Is he absolutely, unequivocally, without a doubt the only receiver that will make an impact @ WR in their rookie season? How about Clayton, Williamson, Roddy White....all can be had @ 18 or later (OK maybe no williamson). I just hope the the 'braintrust' understands that 2 top tier players will always equal a greater value than 1 unproven potential #1 WR!!! Please Keep the picks, or trade down, not up!
byzr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i'd have to feel sorry for you vikes fans if they did give up to two #1's for anyone in this draft. especially considering thier needs which don't seem to be that great. they've filled all thier defensive holes and thier offense is simply put going to have to adjust to not having a reciever like moss. burleson is good, faster than driver, and it seems like you had some other decent to good recievers. i would want them to take the best possible player available if it is defense but there should be some good running back talent available around 7. what do the vikes fans think about thier running back pool?

an absolute travesty if they trade up in this draft giving up both of thier first round picks but hey it's the vikes so it's not like they have a spotless draft day record so i doubt it would really be that big of news.

great word use with "unequivocally"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the most part we like our RB's so we really don't want to draft one, most of us think O. Smith is capable of carrying the load. But everyone agrees with you it'd be stupid of us to trade both of our first rounders.
marshpit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

byzr wrote:
yeah i'd have to feel sorry for you vikes fans if they did give up to two #1's for anyone in this draft. especially considering thier needs which don't seem to be that great. they've filled all thier defensive holes and thier offense is simply put going to have to adjust to not having a reciever like moss. burleson is good, faster than driver, and it seems like you had some other decent to good recievers. i would want them to take the best possible player available if it is defense but there should be some good running back talent available around 7. what do the vikes fans think about thier running back pool?

an absolute travesty if they trade up in this draft giving up both of thier first round picks but hey it's the vikes so it's not like they have a spotless draft day record so i doubt it would really be that big of news.

great word use with "unequivocally"

Thanks!

The running back pool could be evaluated as the following:

#1 Bennett..on the trading block, possibly with AZ (Denny drafted him)
#2 O. Smith too inconsistent, likes da weed, and has lapses with concentration. With that said, O. Smith is extremely talented..a definate starter.
#3 Melwede Moore..a few glitches, but over all a nice third down option with great quickness, pas catching capabilities!
#4 Moe Williams..Mr. Solid..just gets it done..has a lot of heart!

Who knows I heard rumors about C. Benson being picked @ #7..I here a lot of rumors!
duxrule

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Denny would like M Bennett, but I don't see the Vikes getting Bolden out of any deal they try to strike, so I STILL see Henry going to AZ.

I think if the Vikes do a 2 for 1 it would be foolish, much like if the Pack went QB first round. Too many ? marks.

Ced Benson...latest on him is....per ESPN radio, that he "idolizes" Rickey Williams. Nice. Guy with a drug bust, from Texas, with a druggie as an idol. If yer the Vikes....you already HAVE this guy under a different name.
msmre

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out Peter King's Monday column on SI.com about how the Vikes feel about their RB situation. Needless to say they are not real happy with it.
hinzvikes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msmre wrote:
Check out Peter King's Monday column on SI.com about how the Vikes feel about their RB situation. Needless to say they are not real happy with it.

The only reason they aren't happy with it is because they are stupid and can't pick a starter. I blame the front office for not making a decision, our RB are good enough.
hauschild

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear old Kelly Campbell can't resist the giggle-weed either, huh? Jesus, what a franchise!!!
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember right the Green Bay packers have a QB that was addicted to alcohol and pain killers so I wouldnt really knock a guy who smokes weed too much. I know alcohol has killed or injured more people than marijuana.
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and what has campbell accomplished?
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
hauschild

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikeFan79,

No offense, but you must be a card-carrying liberal with a comment like your last. C'mon, alcohol and Vicodin are legal....DOPE IS NOT!!! Brett was initially prescribed the drug by doctors. I am guessing Campbell was prescribed by Dr. Feelgood??? And, people wonder why kids are all screwed-up in the head nowadays?!?!? Sheesh!!!

C'mon, any half-wit can see the Viking franchise is lawless. Tice is scared to death of his players, who are basically running the show in Minneapolis, much like they ran the show with meek Denny Green at the helm.

One thing I can honestly say about Green Bay...we don't want, and don't need the bottom-feeding rung of society, no matter how good you may think you play.

Men, we can only lead by example.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: