Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who's up for a little competion?!?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Who's up for a little competion?!? Reply with quote

Ok Ravens fans, heres the game. We all post up to 15 players that we want/think the Ravens will draft. Thats 15 players for any position for any rounds, but no more then 15. With each prospect give a little analysis on why you like them, and what thier impact would be as a Raven. Then, once Sunday night rolls around we will check out who got the most picks right. It will be fun to see who everybody likes for the Ravens and to see who can get the most potential picks right. If your up for it, go ahead and post your list anytime between now and friday.
mic79e

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are my 15 best guesses for who the Ravens will take in the draft.

Note: I don’t necessarily want these guys to be drafted by Baltimore, they are just my guesses at who they might take.

David Pollack E Georgia -- Obviously very well liked by the Ravens, and a strong possibility if he’s there at 22.
Mike Williams WR USC -- If he falls I think they’d move up.
Derrick Johnson LB Texas -- Like Pollack he’s extremely productive, if he falls I think they’d move up for such a good player.
Jammal Brown OT Oklahoma -- They could very easily take him at 22 BPA
Khalif Barnes OT Washington -- As above
Marlin Jackson CB/S Michigan -- Ravens would love his versatility
Brandon Browner CB/S Oregon State -- As above
Bryant McFadden CB Florida State -- Solid prospect good in all areas, could picture him as a Raven.
James Butler FS Georgia Tech -- Has everything they’d look for in a FS, could be BPA in 3rd round.
Marcus Johnson OT/G Ole Miss. -- Versatile lineman, which is what they are after.
Dan Connelly OT/G Southeast Missouri State -- As above, late round prospect.
Ray Willis OT Florida State -- Excellent RT prospect with the intangibles that teams look for.
Adam Seward LB UNLV -- True LB, gives you everything he’s got, and Jeff Fitzgerald was at his pro day.
Craig Bragg WR UCLA -- Polished, proven receiver, that they could take in the later rounds.
Ben Wilkerson C LSU -- Proven player, that might go a little later than other centers and could easily be a BPA pick.
sp6488

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, Here's my 15...

1. David Pollack, DE, Georgia- Not the greatest ATHLETE at the position in the draft, but is one hell of a football player. Projects as a DE or LB in
particular situations. He WILL find a way onto the field as a Raven. Would strengthen the DE position for us greatly.

2. Elton Brown, OG, Virginia- Big powerful guard. Can pass block and run block. He may be able to take over for Zues if needed at RT. Also would provide depth at the G spots if he doesnt start for Zeus this year.

3. Brandon Browner, CB, Oregon State- CB whose 40 time dropped his stock big time. 40 times arent the most important thing and his speed is defintly good enough to push Demps at the FS spot. Would give us a much needed addition to the secondary.

4. JJ Arrington, RB, California- A small running back who was the only player in NCAA football last year to rush for over 2000 yards. Would definitely fit in as a third down back considering we will probably lose Taylor to FA after this season. Could be a nice insurance policy to Lewis.

5. Adam Terry, OT, Syracuse- big athletic tackle who could defintly help add depth behind Zeus.

6. Josh Davis, WR, Marshall- small receiver who people say will get outmuscled by bug corners. Has the quickness, intelligence, and hands to be ultra productive IMO.

7. Barrett Ruud, ILB, Nebraska- Rays gettin up there in age and we cant do what dallas did with troy aikman, wait till he retires then try to put a new guy in to fill his shoes. We need to take a good football player, which Ruud is, and groom him so that not too much ground is lost with Ray.

8. Antaaj Hawthorne, DT, Wisconsin- Yea, he has that doping issue, but if we can get him in the late second or third, he will be a good pick. He can help us out at DT and give us a big guy to take blockers for Ray.

9. Chris Kelly, S, Maryland- Started college as a QB. Had multiple leg injuries and started at safety this past season. Is actually faster now than before injuries. Loves football and has a lot of heart. Would be a great 7th round pick IMO.

10. Richie Incognito, C, Nebraska- Has some character issues, but has more potential than almost any lineman in this years draft. MAny teams are shying away from him, but IMO hes a great prospect for the future of the center position.

11. Mike Williams, WR, USC- If we're moving up for anyone, its this guy. A big receiver who plays a unique style of football. In the next couple of years Heap, Moore, and Williams would be the biggest group of pass catchers ever with all at least 6'5".

12. Darren Sproles, HB, KSU- Has more break away speed than almost any back in the draft. Could be a great change of pace to Musa and JAmal.

13. Ray Willis, OT, FSU- RT who would help us at RT behind Zeus. A little overshadowed by playing with Barron.

14. Marlin Jackson, CB, Michigan- LikeBrowner, Jackson can play either CB or FS. Someone who can be the nickel and get some work at FS is a top priority
for the Ravens.

15. Albert Means, DT, Memphis- A BIG boy. Could help stuff the run in the mold of Sam Adams.
Swedishraven

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea! so here are my 15:

1 Jamaal Brown OT, Oklahoma Experienced tackle with great attitude.
2 Khalif Barnes OT, Washington Has alot of upside and could eventually move to the left side if we need him to.
3 Corey Webster CB, LSU Physical corner that would be great value in the 2nd
4 Brandon Browner CB/S, Oregon State Big and physical. Fast enough to be a succesful corner in the Pac-10.
5 Alphonso Hodge CB, Miami(OH) Lots of upside and would be great value on day 2. has been a bit inconsistent but that can be fixed with good coaching.
6 Travis Daniels CB, LSU Another late round corner prospect. Smart and with experience at safety aswell.
7 Jason Brown C/OG, North Carolina Strong and agressive and would provide valuable depth at both guard and center.
8 Rian Wallace OLB, Temple A playmaker. Strong and tough with a great motor.
9 Bill Swancutt DE Oregon State Great attitude and always gives 100 percent. Would help the pass rush and provide depth.
10 Ryan Fitzpatrick, QB Harvard Smart player without the top physical tools. Could become a solid back-up
11 Geoff Hangartner, C/OT/OG Texas A&M Smart and allways gives 100% on the field. Has experience at C, OG and Tackle.
12 James Butler S, Georgia Tech Hard worker and good in both coverage and run support
13 Donte Nicholson S, Oklahoma Playmaking strong safety. Tough and agressive and would give us the hard hitting safety that we lack.
14 Luis Castillo DT, Nortwestern Another high effort guy with a great motor. I'm not too bothered by the steroid thing since he did it to help get back in shape quickly after an injury and has agreed to pay back his signing bonus if he tests positive again.
15 Boomer Grigsby ILB, Illinois State Agressive and intense player that was very productive in division I-AA

Last edited by Swedishraven on Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
raven5255

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
14 C.J. Mosley DT, Missouri Another high effort guy with a great motor. I'm not too bothered by the steroid thing since he did it to help get back in shape quickly after an injury and has agreed to pay back his signing bonus if he tests positive again.

Swedishraven, do you mean Mosley or Luis Castillo? Castillo was the one that tested positive for steriods at the combine.
Swedishraven

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Swedishraven, do you mean Mosley or Luis Castillo? Castillo was the one that tested positive for steriods at the combine

Yes, I meant Castillo. Thank you for catching it. I was going back and forth between Castillo and Mosley as my pick. Somehow i changed everything except the name. I edited my post to fix it.
raven5255

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. My list is coming, either later tonight or tomorow night. Ive got about 10 guys i really like then about 15 more in my next "tier" so im trying to filter it down.
sp6488

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crap, i mean to include Grigsby
raven5255

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.David Pollack, DE, Georgia*- Huge playmaker. Gets knocked because he's not the perfect DE(Just like Ed Reed wasnt the "perfect" safety). Amazing attitude and motor, does nothing but make plays. My favorite player in the draft.

2. Matt Roth, DE, Iowa*- Another guy thats got a non stop motor. He is relentless in pursuit and fires off the ball, he is also an excellent tackler.

3. Jamal Brown, OT, Oklahoma*- The best RT prospect in the draft. Very intelligent and understands blocking schemes. Tough and Aggresive.

4. Pete McMahon, OT, Iowa *- Excellent run blocker, has good size and long arms. Great work ethic and attitude.

5. Ray Willis, OT, Florida State*- Very High character. Superior run blocker with great desire and determination

6. Erik Pears, OT, Colorado State- Late round developmental prospect. Has got long arms and has quick feet. Could be a great player a few years down the road after sometime in the wieghtroom and good coaching.

7. Jason Brown, C, North Carolina*- Another excellent run blocker. Very strong and physical. Works hard in the wieghtroom. Has excellent attitude and determination

8. Claude Terrell, G, New Mexico*- Big strong mauler. Will finish his blocks and wont stop going after his opponent till the wistle blows. Reminds me a little bit of Zeus

9. Wes Sims, G, Oklahoma- Very versatile. Works hard to finish his blocks and gives great effort. Not the most phsyically gifted but could be a solid developmental guy.

10. Brandon Browner, CB, Oregon State- Has outstanding natrual ability. Amazing size for a corner. Makes plays in the secondary and can be a force in defending the run

11. Eric Green, CB, Virginia Tech- Phenominal athlete that makes a big play when its needed most. Has some character concerns, but works hard to improve himself

12. Abraham Elimian,CB, Hawaii*- Excellent work ethic and attitude. Always tries his best. Despite being slightly undersized, he is very willing tackler and will wrap up the ball carrier.

13. James Butler, FS, Georgia Tech- Great athlete that makes a lot of plays. Is solid in zone coverage and is strong in run support. Could be a great future starter next to Reed.

14. Barrett Ruud, MLB, Nebreska *- One of the best linebackers in Nebraska History. Constantly in motion reading plays. Is a superb student of the game.

15. Kirk Morrison, MLB, San Diego State- Outstanding motor and determination. Never gives up on a play. Very competitive and has good instincts.

Like i said, i really like about 10 of these guys, but the next 5 took me a while to narrow down since i was trying to pick from a bigger group of about 15. I have a list of about 30 players so its tough for me to pick my top 15. The guys i like the most have the * next to their name.

Its really hard for us to put this list together considering the Ravens are basically drafting for depth which could be any position and since we go BPA, we never know who might fall. I may or may not edit this a few times before the draft. I dont really have many late round prospects or any of my "sleepers" so i might change that if i find the time.

No matter who picks the right players, i think we will all be happy with whoever we pick. Ive got faith in Ozzie that he will take the best players and im sure i will like something about him, even if they arent on my top 30 list.
sp6488

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea we definitly need depth. Even last year our team was very dangerous looking at the starters, but we had a lot of injuries and couldnt play to our potential.
mic79e

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raven5255 wrote:
I may or may not edit this a few times before the draft. I dont really have many late round prospects or any of my "sleepers" so i might change that if i find the time.

I think we should go with no editing. Once they're in they're in. What do you guys think about that?

P.S I've got no issue with Swedishraven's edit that he did before (i.e. Castillo/Mosely) that was obviously a genuine error.

I just think it's easier with no changes, then we have all truly picked the same number as each other.
raven5255

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wasnt going to add more, players, just take some away. Anyways, its fine if you dotn want me to edit it. Il just post an "unofficial" list if i really feel the need to, which i likely wont. So no editing is fine with me.
RavensFan20

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.David Pollack DE
2.Mike Williams WR
3.Braylon Edwards WR
4.Jerome Mathis WR
5.Erasmus James DE
6.Pac Man Jones CB
7.Jamaal Brown OT
8.Travis Johnson DT
9.Darren Sproles RB
10.Ben Wilkerson C
11.Adrian McPherson QB
12.Andrew Walter QB
13.Brodney Poole S
14.Matt Jones WR
Kevin Burnett LB

No Particular Order
raven5255

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well so far sp4688 leads us all with 1 correct pick!

Good work gentlemen!
mic79e

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations sp6488, Swedishraven and raven5255.

I like both those prospects (Jason Brown and Adam Terry) and I'm happy that we have them on our team.

I'm really happy that we took Brown in the fourth! I think he was our best pick, and he will be a great Raven with his bruising style of play.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: