Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Were staying at #9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elkton_redskinsfan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Were staying at #9 Reply with quote

For everyone wishing the Redskins would trade down (me Included) the team has announced that they will stay at nine. According to Vice President of Operations Cerrato said that anything reported by the post was a lie. The skins are suppose to be holding a press conference on wed. to discuss the draft. For more info go to redskins.com
sootedpair

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't take it as gospel.
e16bball

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we don't trade that pick now, I am going to be very upset.

If that is the truth, then Vinny Cerrato is THE dumbest human being in the world. What in the hell is the point of coming out and saying something concrete this close to the draft? You have to mislead and manipulate in order to get the guy you want. I'm really bothered about this, because its just another example of our front office being incredibly more inept than any of the others around the league. I mean look at Tampa Bay for example. They want to move up to number 2 to get Smith, they want to move down, they want Mike Williams badly, they want Cadillac badly...no one knows what they hell they will do.

It's not even like they are reassuring Redskins Nation, because just about every Redskins fan either wants them to trade up (and get Williams) or trade down and get more picks.
sootedpair

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e16bball wrote:
If we don't trade that pick now, I am going to be very upset.

How funny would it be if Mike Williams fell to us, and Vinny claimed he knew it was going to happen all along?
e16bball wrote:
If that is the truth, then Vinny Cerrato is THE dumbest human being in the world.

Even if it's not the truth, he's at least the dumbest front office guy in the league.
riggensghost

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So at pick nine during our 15 mon the phones are now silent instead of ringing with trade offers b/c Vinnie and Snyder have a beef with the post. Morons, both of them.
sootedpair

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riggensghost wrote:
So at pick nine during our 15 mon the phones are now silent instead of ringing with trade offers b/c Vinnie and Snyder have a beef with the post. Morons, both of them.

or.....other teams offer more because they think we are unwilling to part with the pick.

Just another way to look at it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: