Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Thomas Davis
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Thomas Davis Reply with quote

CBS Sportsline Rumor Mill
www.cbssportsline.com

Green Bay Packers Updated:04/18/2005
The Green Bay News-Chronicle reports that the Packers are interested in Georgia's Thomas Davis. The possibility exists that the Packers could parlay their two second-round picks in order to move up and nab Davis, who could play either safety or linebacker.

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no, no, no, no. Jez louise, with all the holes we have to fill we have no business getting rid of a draft pick, I don't care how good a player is supposed to be. Look I like Thomas Davis just as much as the next guy, but come on man we need to draft a lot of DB's some LB's and a couple of Defensive Lineman. Not to mention a WR, Guard, and possibly a QB in the later rounds. I want to emphasize that once more IN THE LATER ROUNDS.

The only way I would be okay with this is if Green Bay pulled the trigger on some players through a trade or Free Agency. That's it. Man, I wish I knew what TT was thinking.
Halfback007

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like this too much.
If he falls in the 20's then yeah , trade up with a 3rd, but the only player in this draft I would trade up for is DJ.
msmre

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I get myself worked up, I try to remind myself that while I have played from fourth grade to 5 years of college, that TT knows much more than me and that with the information he is given, he will make a prudent choice.

That being said, if there is someone who they see to be a missing piece (Davis maybe), I would give up a 2 or 3 for him. There are many ways to build a team and the randomness of the draft and the general thought that more is better may cause tension when trading up, but when you see the prize, go get the damn thing.
Tall_Ogre

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you both have good points. Davis would be a nice addition, but on the another side you also need those draft picks. Lots of holes to fill. It is a interesting arguement.
packernation5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if they dish out BOTH second round picks on sat to move up fo Davis I am going to vomit. If TT uses a third thats fine by me, in the second round please take a look at a DE (ChrisCanty) and A CB (Brandon Browner)
phoerig

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:44 am    Post subject: Misinformation Reply with quote

I also saw the same comments about Pac Man Jones; citing the fact we were interested in his return ability in addition to his coverage skills...

Much like the comments above; I'll be upset if we use our 2nd round picks to move up (especially for another undersized and overrated CB). That being said, if someone slips we have rated high and we use a 3rd, that's an entirely different story.

At the end of the day I don't see TT moving up, especially at the cost of both our seconds. It's far more likely we move back and accumulate more picks.

Anyone else think some DE's could slip in this draft? I can definitely see a guy like Pollack or E James being available in the 20's...
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James will be a top ten pick, the first d-end drafted. I say we get Bill Swancutt in round 2, or maybe even Dan Cody if he's there. About Davis, I wouldn't mind trading my third to move up and get him.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that giving up your 1st, 2nd and 2nd round picks for one player is too much. I don't think this is terribly realistic, unless Thomas Davis goes in the top ten.

I think we'd end up trading with either New Orleans or Cincy, which is 16 and 17, respectively, meaning we'd probably have to give up just one of our 2nd round picks.

Thomas Davis is definitely worth a 1st and 2nd rounder. We get this guy and Green Bay is gonna contend in a major way this upcoming season.

Also, just think no damned QB if we trade some of our picks away. I agree that if the prize is available, you get him.
ikkf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thompson is NOT going to trade up.

He likes to accumulate draft picks, not get rid of them.

Surprisingly, the report in the Rumour Mill... is a rumour.
hauschild

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We shall see.
marshpit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys want to give up your 24th, and a second round pick to move up to 18... I will e-mail M. Tice and Studwell imediately! Done deal! T. Davis is a nice player, in fact, if he were to drop to 18, the Vikes might consider pickin' 'em up.
byzr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhh the vikes will probably go offense with both picks don't you think. they've signed a defense this offseason and lost some quite abit of offense with Moss leaving. who do you think they're wanting more Williams or Edwards? i'd say Williams bigger more physical reciever who could do some of the things moss did, getting the ball in the end zone and whatnot.

i don't like the idea of trading up unless some team is desperate and is willing to take our 3rd drafts and late 2nd round. we have bad history with trading up, well at least last year was a disaster.

Davis or Ware in the first round.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will take a wide out and d-end in round one.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if thomas davis is the kind of player that he's scouted as being couldn't he be moved up to LB and dropped into coverage instead of him playing a S only. i'd rather see him dropping back into coverage occasionally and helping with the run instead of coming up occasionally to help with the run and leaving only one S and our DB's. signing Freeman and Little is going to provide a lot of competition for the S spot and we already need another LB to replace Naives.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: