Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nall

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarthFavre

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Nall Reply with quote

Interesting that they re-sign Nall 6 days before the draft.....any thoughts?
Halfback007

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully it is a sign that they believe Nall will be "THE ONE", but with all of these reports of them like Frye I am not sure of anything.

Could TT be attempting to trade down with a team that needs a 2nd round
QB?
hauschild

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish people would wake up and realize that Nall is about as good as it gets nowadays at the QB position.

The Brett Favre's, John Elway's and Dan Marino's are long gone. You're never gonna find one in the draft.

Tim Couch anyone? Ryan Leaf anyone? Carson Palmer anyone? All nothing more than wasted overall number 1 picks.

The best way to get a QB is to keep an eye on the 2nd and 3rd stringers around the leauge, and when you find one that can play, you sign him. Screw this poke-n-hope draft crap.

There is no doubt in my mind Nall has the potential to be just as productive as Mark Brunell was in his prime.
byzr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a good sign, probably one of my favorites this year. Nall has looked good in the games he's played. he hasn't shown any flashes of absolute brilliance but he hasn't had a lot of snaps.

besides it's about damn time we got his name on the boards.

NO QB before the 4th round, Nall will come around when the time is ready for him to play. we've been putting out QB's forever now that are doing pretty well so i'd imagine he's just another product of the system.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with hauschild on this again. Keep him. He knows the system, and has shown he isn't that bad. He's not any worse than Jeff Garcia, Brian Greise, or some of these other schmoes. Look at the QB's that have won SB's. Not all are HOFers.
hauschild

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dux,

Brilliant minds think alike!

Every nite before I nod off, I send off a prayer to the big fella in hopes we land Thomas Davis.

I really think it's gonna happen, boyz!!!
epackfan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we draft any offense before the 5th round, I'll go nuts. Our defense was simply pathetic. Bringing in an established Coordinator does nothing if you don't give him some tools to work with.

Nall has a strong arm, and is fastly establishing himself as the future of this franchise. What I've seen of the quarterbacks in this draft is that they're all projects. We can get QB projects in the late rounds, they tend to be better in the long run because they know they have a lot to learn and don't feel like they should be starting right away. Less pressure and more time to learn.

This draft has to be DEFENSE!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: