Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A DRAFT FULL OF TRADES

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
riggensghost

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: A DRAFT FULL OF TRADES Reply with quote

How many blockbuster trades are we going to see this Saturday. I think we see Edge, Shaun Alexander and Travis Henry move. I think we see John Abraham leave the Jets. We may see Cory Simon and maybe even TO leave the eagles.

What are some of of the huge trades you all think are going to go down. I know that Rod Gardner finds a new home that day. Whats everyone think, not just skins trades, all the teams.
e16bball

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really not sure how many of those guys will move. With the franchise price being so high, Alexander and James are kind of hard to afford for teams like the Bucs or Dolphins who would be trying to add them. I think its more likely the blockbuster deals involve picks. Personally I think both the Dolphins and Browns will move their picks, to the Bucs and Vikes respectively. I think Rod Gardner moves in a blockbuster deal for the Skins, lol, as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see two of those guys you mentioned above move, though.
Tall_Ogre

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't see much movement before the draft. Amazingly none of those backs will be traded. Any other year teams would be battling to try and get their hands on them, but most teams are happy with their backs and if their not their are a lot of backs in the draft. Watch out for Tampa trading for the #2 pick. If the 49ers take Rodgers look for the comis to announce a trade for the 2nd pick and the bucs take Smith.
riggensghost

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we already know henrey is being traded draft day and alexander and edge can sign deals to cancel their one year tender once they get to their new teams. I think that at least two of those three are traded draft day.
sootedpair

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you'll see many players being traded on draft day. Especially guys with the franchise tag on them. The gaining team has no guarantee that they'll play longer than that one year and there's not enough time to contract negotiations. I'm not so sure that Gardner will be traded on draft day if contract talks haven't already begun.

I don't know who the exact players are, but I don't think anyone without a contract for the next couple years will be traded on draft day. Henry is the only one that comes to mind.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: