Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Buchannon in Burgandy & gold?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
riggensghost

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Buchannon in Burgandy & gold? Reply with quote

Apr. 18 - Joe Gibbs would like to add another threat on offense. Troy Williamson of South Carolina would be a nice fit with the No. 9 pick, but Gibbs is also concerned about keeping defensive coordinator Gregg Williams equipped. Remember, the Redskins lost cornerback Fred Smoot and middle linebacker Antonio Pierce.
One option being proposed by the Raiders is gaining some interest, according to John Clayton. The Raiders are willing to trade cornerback Phillip Buchanon, an former first-round choice. Buchanon would cost a draft choice and maybe a player, but that trade would give the Redskins the flexibility to take an offensive player at No. 9 or trade down a little in the first round and get an offensive player.

Copy and pasted from ESPN insider, it is the second time (washington post) that I have seen the idea of the raiders and redskins wheeling and dealing.
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'd be a nice addition, but I wonder what draft pick the Raiders are asking for and more importantly which player. I can imagine that they want nothing less than the Redskins only third rounder, but they don't have a need for Rod Gardner and he's the only player I've heard of the Redskins being interested in moving. However, this trade gives the Redskins more options in the draft. They could go for one of the top receivers, go for a top defensive end or trade down and pick up an extra pick in the draft. Do any of you guys think Erasmus James is worthy of the number nine pick, as a Redskin? He's a proven threat to offenses, as pass-rusher, but is his durability still an issue?
SUPERSKINS (The G.O.A.T.)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I read they were asking for our first round pick for him and there second round pick. Not worth it in my eyes.
riggensghost

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would do it if the deal was our 9th for Buchanon, their second and third rounder. Isn't thier second like the 35th pick or something?
sootedpair

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Post said that the trade may be our 1st for Buchanon and their 2nd (38th overall). That seems to me like a bad deal for us, but I doubt the Post has any inside info as to what the actual trade would be. I would think that we could get a 2nd next year in addition to the 2nd this year.

As far as James goes, I don't think he's worthy of the 9th overall pick because of his durability issues. If the Skins can't trade down the people that could be there are:

Mike Williams: He'd be a high risk/reward pick.
Merriman: He's my first choice, but probably not theirs.
Pacman Jones: He's probably their first choice if nothing happens with the Buchanon thing.
Rolle: I think he's doubtful for the Skins' pick due to character issues and the latest crap with Sean Taylor.
Rogers: A bit of a stretch IMO.
Williamson: see Rogers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: