Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

could Kiel play free saftey?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
superchargers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: could Kiel play free saftey? Reply with quote

OK, for arguments sake let's just say that somehow Antrell Rolle slipped to number 12 in the draft and the chargers snagged him. Yeah I know we need help on our D line, but check this out. We get Rolle, put him opposite Jammer, move Florence to FS and use Davis as the nickelback. Florence is a ball hawk with corner speed and ability. We could then address D-line with our second pick and pick up a receiver or kirk morrison in the 2nd round. What do you think?

Last edited by superchargers on Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds good, bu i think moving jammer to fs would be a better choice. Florence is great at corner and jammer is too but...jammer tends to like to hit and hold people and i think he's a little too bit physical for the cb position. I think fs would be a ferfect fit for him.
superchargers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Jammer could be the best FS in the NFL especially with Florance, Rolle and Davis at the nickel. Kiel at SS. Can you imagine that young secondary in a few years..scary.
supratony

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i believe that jammer would make a great fs.... but as high as we drafted him and the fact that we're paying him like a developing shutdown corner.... i cant see the chargers willing to move him to fs.... my god we stuck with davis until he got hurt just because he was our 1st round pick when all reports said that florance was better.... also i've been reading reports that say that rolle, tho a good cover guy, is not a shutdown corner.... plus if we were to take rolle... that'll make 3 out of the last 4 yrs that we have drafted a corner in the 1st round
sd screenwriter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Nice dream... Reply with quote

It's nice to play the "what if" game, but no way Rolle drops to us at 12, not a chance. Same deal with DJ and Mike Williams. After Eli Waaaaaanings last minute TD on Sunday night, we will have to move up to draft blue chippers like those above.

I say franchise tag and trade Drew (unless he takes the San Diego discount...LOL), and get another #1 in 2006. Then, with that in your pocket, you can package the #12 and the #32 (after we win the Super Bowl) to move up and take one of the guys mentioned.

Go Chargers!!!
supratony

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya that does sound like a good option... but i dont think we should trade both 1st rounders just to move up 7-8 spots.... there is no glaring need on this team anymore.... well i take that back... we need a fs... but besides that theres notthing else.... atleast not for next yr..... and last time i checked.... ed reed and sean taylor aint in this draft..... this would've be an problem if dallas was able to find a defense.... i would not trade brees... even though i heard on 690 that he wants a long term contract and not the franchise tag.... because.... have any of ya'll see rivers in the preseason? yess he look decent against kc.... but he only played a half.... n even that.... we werent trailing so he didn't have to air it out.... in the games i saw of him during preseason.... rivers couldn't read a defense if his life depended on it.... and it took brees 4 yrs to get that little fact down.... ie cut down his int to 7 this yr..... if we went with rivers next yr..... the main problem would be that LT is hiting his prime with a QB that will be still developing his skills.... and then instead of starting a dallas like dynasty of the 90s.... we'll have the lions of the 90s... the greatest RB ever to play the game... which LT will be....
SDChargers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is a rookie you can't expect him to read defenses yet. I hope hes watching film thats what makes a qb better
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

supra tony, why do you listen to 690? Crockett has the only good show on there, besides that 690 sucks. You should listen to 1090, they actually talk about the chargers.
SDLTGates

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, last year many people said that Rivers was a Film Rat. That he studies the game and wants to be focused on it. He is pretty mature for his age and if it's true that he studies a whole lot ala Peyton Manning who studies any chance he gets then we should be ok. I'll be honest I was one who said we should trade Brees and see what we can get for him. Brees still has some flaws in his game but there not that big of a deal imo. I'm starting to want to keep him for another year and keep Rivers on the bench. I'm really torn I love them both. I just hope we keep winning no matter whose at QB next year.
CalKiper the III

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Surtain Reply with quote

Big time Chargers fan, first time poster. I feel that Florence has some major potential at the FS spot due to his speed and playmaking abilitiies. We definitely have to get rid of Wilson who lacks the speed for the NFL. I think the Rolle move is a possibility but I would like to see the Chargers pursue a Brees for Surtain trade. Surtain is easily one of the most dominanting corners and the dolphins are supposedly looking to move him.
supratony

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i just cant imagin drafting another corner cause we already paying alot for florance, davis and jammer.... secondly.... there is no way i want a brees for surtain trade cause that is stupid... they get an all-pro 26 yr old qb straight up for a 29 yr old corner whos best yrs are behind him.... unless we also get their 1st round pick that trade would be suicide for the chargers....
CalKiper the III

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:07 am    Post subject: Idiotic?????????? Reply with quote

Actually your clinically insane if you think we could get Brees for a high 1st rounder straight up. I'm tired of San Diego fans thinking Brees is something special. He is a great story, but we all have to realize we are looking at his career year. On the other hand I highly doubt that 29 means he is past his prime, look at the numbers and he is still a shut down CB, and a ballhawk. Also what's wrong with a little experience in a secondary which is still very green?
supratony

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Idiotic?????????? Reply with quote

CalKiper the III wrote:
Actually your clinically insane if you think we could get Brees for a high 1st rounder straight up. I'm tired of San Diego fans thinking Brees is something special. He is a great story, but we all have to realize we are looking at his career year. On the other hand I highly doubt that 29 means he is past his prime, look at the numbers and he is still a shut down CB, and a ballhawk. Also what's wrong with a little experience in a secondary which is still very green?

k first of all.... whats with the..... san diego fans?..... where the hell is ur team?..... now i dont think any team within the top 15 would trade for brees so thats my feelings on a 1st rounder for brees... plus anyone trading for drew would probably do that deal miami had with ricky where the future draft pick goes higher with his performance the following yr.... now... as to surtain.... no 29 doesnt mean he's over the hill.... its actually the prime of athlete's career... but u combine that with the 3.... not 1... but 3 arthroscopic knee surgeries all on the left knee... that does say he's on the down side of career.....

OUR secondary is still green... but who cares... it aint their fault we not getting pressure on the QB's.... if u even watched that indy game... we shut manning down the whole game not because of great secondary play... but because of good pressure by our down 3 and the blitz'n LB's..... n whenever we couldn't get pressure on manning as with pennington on sat... they just sat there and waiting for the openings in the secondary....
CalKiper the III

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely agree that the Chargers need to increase the pressure that the put on the opponents QB. But I'm amazed how you wouldnt want a shut down corner. Also even more importantly getting Surtain would in fact move Wilson out of the secondary the way I see it. Lastly the deal means that we wouldn't have to pay Brees 9 million. Then with this extra money we can go and spend and get more quality free agents. So maybe with Surtain would come Aedulius Thomas or Chris Hovan or Kendrell Bell.
SDLTGates

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want them getting a CB. We already have some Cb's that we are paying pretty good money to. I'd rather see us getting a DE opposite of Igor. DE's in a 3-4 aren't needed to be pass rushing DE's they have to open holes for the LB core. Although, our production from them is kinda lacking. The top 3-4 teams got at least 10-15 sacks for that position. So, I definitely think we need to get another big DE that can at least add some pressure. We need more production from that spot. Cesaire was serviceable and not that bad. But, he's more of a backup. Jamal is a beast in the middle. A couple years ago we were in pretty good shape with him and then one of the Broncos clipped him (the guy didn't get fined or anything. Just to let you guys know) But after we lost him our whole season got worse. Jamal is getting older but he is still one of the best if not the best in the game today. We need another guy developing into what Jamal is and that is one of the best DT's in the NFL. I'm all for drafting Defense in this draft as long as it's not a CB or getting a CB through FA or trade. We don't need a CB. We need more pass rushing and at least put some pressure on the QB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: