You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ginn at #28? We grab him instead?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Senor Mortgage

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gator_Saint28 wrote:
your right ginn is not as versitile as bush..... WHO IS???

Ginn is a good reciever not great yet but good....
Ginn is a GREAT kick returner...
Ginn would be great at end arounds....
Ginn could thicken up thats what trainers are for.....

Everything about this guy is def positive..!!!

For me, I'm not anti-Ginn, I'm anti reciever/offensive player in first round. Probowlers and HoF defenders are often drafted late first, and they offer so much more to the team than Ginn. Ginn is great but honestly, NO had the most verstile and potent offense in the league last year. Ginn makes it moreso, but does that get you any farther? Scored 30+ against the steelers and bengals, and lost both games. The Saints are a decent defense away from a SB run. As this year proved, offensive team lose because one bad day will kill ya (NFC title game) whereas defense is usually mmuch more consistent and will keep ya in/win games (ie the colts this year).
Gator_Saint28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i definetely agree with you... but if houston .. reviss. and ross are all gone and ginn is there..... i say we make him a saint
Senor Mortgage

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gator_Saint28 wrote:
yes i definetely agree with you... but if houston .. reviss. and ross are all gone and ginn is there..... i say we make him a saint

Oh I agree. If ginn is significantly higher on the big board than any other option, you have to take the BPA (aka Ginn). I just don't think that a) he'll be there and b) that all of those players will be gone.
GeauxLSUTigers

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gator_Saint28 wrote:
your right ginn is not as versitile as bush..... WHO IS???

Ginn is a good reciever not great yet but good....
Ginn is a GREAT kick returner...
Ginn would be great at end arounds....
Ginn could thicken up thats what trainers are for.....

Everything about this guy is def positive..!!!

Everything? Are you looking at the big picture here? Nobody is all positive, everybody has some drawbacks and Ive listed his. It is your prerogative to ignore them, but it is not a wise thing to do.

Senor Mortgage wrote:
For me, I'm not anti-Ginn, I'm anti reciever/offensive player in first round. Probowlers and HoF defenders are often drafted late first, and they offer so much more to the team than Ginn. Ginn is great but honestly, NO had the most verstile and potent offense in the league last year. Ginn makes it moreso, but does that get you any farther? Scored 30+ against the steelers and bengals, and lost both games. The Saints are a decent defense away from a SB run. As this year proved, offensive team lose because one bad day will kill ya (NFC title game) whereas defense is usually mmuch more consistent and will keep ya in/win games (ie the colts this year).

I agree with this alot. This is a year to draft for need. The odds are highly against it that there will be an absolute BPA at # 27 like there was last year at # 2 (A.K.A. CJ, Landry, Nelson, JR, Okoye, dropping that far).

1958, 2003, and 2007 National Champions!
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we need to draft BPA...in order to do that we need to get a FA CB. If we get a solid FA CB...we will have all of our major needs taken care of. The Saints on defense can be improved upon in practically every position (with DE being the least likely)...and on offense, the team could afford to get a better #2 WR, and it could get faster on the o-line. of course...of our o-line positions...our LG position is the most likely to be improved upon even though Nesbit is adequate. It would be nice to have a faster LG that can pull in run blocking situations. of course it would probably be better to wait to draft a LG in the mid-rounds.
flyguy594

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when the saints are gonna get another free agent?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: