You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ginn at #28? We grab him instead?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raves

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:45 am    Post subject: Ginn at #28? We grab him instead? Reply with quote

I was lookin at a mock on NFL.com by Vic Carucci http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/10040690 and it has Ginn going at #28 and us draft McCauley which I personally don't care for too much. How ridiculous would that be if we grabbed Ginn to stretch the field along with hiim returning kicks next to Bush? Two of the most explosive players in the game on one team? What's everyone else's thoughts? Oh yeah Houston, Ross, Revis, and Hall are all gone by our pick too.
NOSaints

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we drafted Ginn I can't say I would be upset. The guy has lots of talent and potential as a WR and a KR. I definitely wouldn't mind him on our team.
Psi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but when you look at the draft, he has some teams just drafting on need, and some drafting on what appears to be best available. I like the jets pick with olsen - "he might be off the board at this point" ....this is your mock, you figure that everyone else will pass on him that's why you didn't put him higher, mr. garucci?
If we were drafting on need, then we would have never taken Reggie Bush last year.
mattmatt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we have filled all of our holes in FA or there is no value at that pick then yeah, Ginn would be nice. I would rather have Bowe or Meachum. those two are more proven playmakers than Ginn. either of the 3 would be very nice to add to the offense!

Keato
santibanezaa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it'll NEVER happen, but thing how much the saints' fanbase would grow if we were able to draft big bowe. with two former tigers at WR, ALL lsu fans would have to become saints followers.
Gator_Saint28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not to big on bowe... im am a huge florida fan and i saw him drop some passes against us... inlcuding the one where reggie nelson hammered him and it was intercepted... he should have held on to it... i would much rather ginn than bowe... bowe is the same type of reciever as colston so i would like a speedy starter
santibanezaa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bowe's hands got a lot better as the season went on. also, he's an outstanding blocker. imagine reggie coming around the edge and bowe setting the block that springs him. if we need someone to go streaking, well, isn't that what devery is for?
mattmatt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gator_Saint28 wrote:
im not to big on bowe... im am a huge florida fan and i saw him drop some passes against us... inlcuding the one where reggie nelson hammered him and it was intercepted... he should have held on to it... i would much rather ginn than bowe... bowe is the same type of reciever as colston so i would like a speedy starter

Bowe is a little faster than Colston and Bowe's hands are better than Ginns. His blocking, as mentioned before, is amazing for a WR. he is more proven then Ginn as well. With Colston, Bowe, and Henderson we would have a perfect trio at WR. Ginn would give us another Henderson and our offense doesn't need 2 burners. Our offense calls for recievers like Colston and Bowe (or Meachum who is big, physical and fast).

Keato
LSUSAINT

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Ginn at #28? We grab him instead? Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
What's everyone else's thoughts?

Take him and move him back to cornerback.
Gator_Saint28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea bug ginn has better hands then devery... hes much much faster than bowe.... i agree bowe is a better blocker... i think the offence would be better with ginn personally ... it would let the tight end get open much more.... and we all know brees is a great deep ball thrower.... ginn is my choice
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattmatt wrote:
Gator_Saint28 wrote:

Bowe is a little faster than Colston and Bowe's hands are better than Ginns. His blocking, as mentioned before, is amazing for a WR. he is more proven then Ginn as well. With Colston, Bowe, and Henderson we would have a perfect trio at WR. Ginn would give us another Henderson and our offense doesn't need 2 burners. Our offense calls for recievers like Colston and Bowe (or Meachum who is big, physical and fast).

I agree 100%! Very well put.

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
GeauxLSUTigers

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, great job. I was about to post roughly the same thing.

1958, 2003, and 2007 National Champions!
Gator_Saint28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did yall get my argument back??? maybe not read it again... i think we just have some lsu fans here
GeauxLSUTigers

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gator_Saint28 wrote:
did yall get my argument back???

One question: what does that mean?

We read the argument and disagree and, before you say its just because Im an LSU fan, I would take Meachum over Ginn as well. Ginn is very raw, possessing bad route running and slightly above average hands. We dont need another project speedster as much as we do a reciever to go over the middle, taking Horn's place and as a safety valve in case Colston struggles with injury.

1958, 2003, and 2007 National Champions!
Gator_Saint28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no man yall disagreed to my first argument then i put another one.... im not tryin to be i dont know the word stubborn... i think dallas baker would be an awesome pick in round 5 ... i honestly dont think he is that much worse than bowe AT ALL

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: