Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why I'm not Impressed with the Vikings
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Why I'm not Impressed with the Vikings Reply with quote

Man, you would think Minnesota is on the verge of a title the way you Viking fans are talking. I'm not impressed with taking the Free Agency route on fixing a defense. I think it's a quick fix. That is why most NFL GM's prefer drafting from within than going after a player because once a player gets their big pay day, a lot of times they drop off, allah Antonio Freeman, allah Darren Sharper. Furthermore, a team has to play well together in order to win. All I see Minnesota is a team of individuals, and until that changes I don't care who they bring in, they will be mediocre. I said it before, I'll say it again, the Vikings are the antithesis of the New England Patriots.

Green Bay will be 11 and 5, Minnesota will be 9 and 7 or 8 and 8 just like always.
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wish i had your confidence to say 11 -5 ,
i do beleive after seeing the schedule 9 -7 at worst
but i am leary about our usual slow starts recently
although, detroit , cleveland ,tampa ,and carolina could build our early season confidence
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
vikefan11

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really think the Packers are going to be 11-5?
Im thinking 5-11.
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

look at the packers schedule before you jump the gun, for a first place team's schedule it is pretty easy, weak teams up front to boost the confidence in time to take on the tougher opponents,plus a little experience for the younger guys
mossnomore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
All I see Minnesota is a team of individuals, and until that changes I don't care who they bring in, they will be mediocre.

At least being mediocre on defense is an inprovement for the Vikings.
Quote:
Green Bay will be 11 and 5,

11- 5?? I think 8 - 8, best case.
marshpit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey D-train, here's another look @ why GB will have a record no better than 8-8:
Here is why Green Bay will have a 6-10 record!

REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE:

Sunday, Sept. 11 at Detroit, 3:15 p.m. (FOX) L

Sunday, Sept. 18 Cleveland, 3:15 p.m. (CBS) W

Sunday, Sept. 25 Tampa Bay (Gold Package), noon (FOX) W

Monday, Oct. 3 at Carolina, 8 p.m. (ABC) L

Sunday, Oct. 9 New Orleans, noon (FOX) L

Sunday, Oct. 16 Open Date

Sunday, Oct. 23 at Minnesota, noon (FOX) L

Sunday, Oct. 30 at Cincinnati, noon (FOX) W

Sunday, Nov. 6 Pittsburgh, 3:15 p.m. (CBS) L

Sunday, Nov. 13 at Atlanta, 3:15 p.m. (FOX) L

Monday, Nov. 21 Minnesota (Gold Package), 8 p.m. (ABC) W

Sunday, Nov. 27 at Philadelphia, 3:15 p.m. (FOX) L

Sunday, Dec. 4 at Chicago, noon (FOX) L

Sunday, Dec. 11 Detroit, 7:30 p.m. (ESPN) W

Monday, Dec. 19 at Baltimore, 8 p.m. (ABC) L

Sunday, Dec. 25 Chicago, 4 p.m. (FOX) W

Sunday, Jan. 1 Seattle, 3:15 p.m. (FOX) L

Record 6-10 Enough said!
msmre

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your schedule game does not stand to explain the record rather it outlines an idiot's opinion on what a record will be. Explain why this year will be different from prior years and people will stop laughing at you.

For instance,
Despite the efforts to rebuild a sorry defense, the Vikings will not win more than 9 games because:
1) Their only marquee player is in Oakland
2) They have signed players that the incumbent team has given up on or cut due to poor value (caused by age, skill decline, etc.)
3) The real problems with Minnesota (inability to stop the run, poor coaching, etc.) Have not been addressed.

These are reasonable reasons. Not that I just think so.
marshpit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msmre wrote:
Your schedule game does not stand to explain the record rather it outlines an idiot's opinion on what a record will be. Explain why this year will be different from prior years and people will stop laughing at you.

For instance,
Despite the efforts to rebuild a sorry defense, the Vikings will not win more than 9 games because:
1) Their only marquee player is in Oakland
2) They have signed players that the incumbent team has given up on or cut due to poor value (caused by age, skill decline, etc.)
3) The real problems with Minnesota (inability to stop the run, poor coaching, etc.) Have not been addressed.

These are reasonable reasons. Not that I just think so.

First, Culpepper is a marquee player...I have to give BIrk, and Kevin props as well!
Second, You should know, we picked up sharper because the Pack could not pay him what he is worth! N. Harris is he too old? Has his skill declined? NOT...he was placed in a 3-4, and was plagued by injuries. He will start, and become a productive LB. Fred Smootis an excellent player with huge upside, he's only 25! I suppose you think Kampman sucks..Oh that's right GB will match the offer..He's a nice player, I would love to keep him, the Vikes are just toying with Pack! P. Williams and are older, and wise. With Cottrell's complicated 'D' they will help solidify the 'D'. On Offense we picked up B. Johnson-who will offer consistant QB play if Favre goes down...my prediction, he will!
Third, With the addition's at CB, LB, Safety, DT, and 3 picks in the first 49 available picks in this years draft..The vike will contain the run and frustrate most QB's.
As far as my idiotic picks, they are based on the fact that your 'D' sucks, you have lost important pieces on your O-line, and Favre (who will be asked to carry the team..again) will decline, and be ineffective. Each W or L was based on these simple facts.
msmre

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Learn the differences betweeen facts and opinions.
marshpit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, I sprinkled in a few opinions to support the facts. Believe most of what I stated is a fact, or will soon will be! Don't you love talkin' trash? Without GB where would I be...it's kinda hard to rip the bears, but watch out, My OPINION is that the division will end up with Vikes on top, DET, CHI and GB to follow!
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshpit wrote:
My OPINION is that the division will end up with Vikes on top, DET, CHI and GB to follow!

And Viking fans have been saying that for 5 years. You dry that one out you could fertilize the lawn!
marshpit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
marshpit wrote:
My OPINION is that the division will end up with Vikes on top, DET, CHI and GB to follow!

And Viking fans have been saying that for 5 years. You dry that one out you could fertilize the lawn!

I haven't personally said that since 1999. I suggest you get the spredder out!
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshpit said:
You should know, we picked up sharper because the Pack could not pay him what he is worth!

reality check,, we gave him a chance to rdo his contract to improve our defense around him, and he flat out refused without an extension,which we wouldn't give to a player of diminisioning skills so we cut him to save six million dollars towards the cap.(and how much help was he to developing our young corners?i never heard one word last year about him working with the young guys.....and by the way he is one of mike mckenzie's best friends so you can see we don't need that)
thestonedkoala

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minnesota has a few marquee players left. Daunte Culpepper is a beast at the quarterback position. He's tall and big. I've seen him shed tackles. The only drawback on his play is when he panics but that should be addressed. Burleson might end up emerging next year from behind Moss' shadow, he played well last year without him. K Williams is a stud. 2 years in the league and is already a Pro-Bowler. Smoot and Winfield are going to be an awesome tandem to watch.

Added to that Cowart, P. Williams, and Winfield all played for Cottrell, that's an added bonus.

Injuries, while every team has them, Minnesota did well for what they had. With Jim back at TE and our line solidified I think they'll do fine. We need a better run game and hopefully someone will emerge. Injury to Udeze didn't help either. We didn't have as good of a line as we will have this year.

Our real only drawback is our kicking game, both kicking and returning. We need a solid starter on both sides.

Plus we got two pretty damn good draft picks this year. We should be able to get a few starters to help even more.
marshpit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thestonedkoala wrote:
Minnesota has a few marquee players left. Daunte Culpepper is a beast at the quarterback position. He's tall and big. I've seen him shed tackles. The only drawback on his play is when he panics but that should be addressed. Burleson might end up emerging next year from behind Moss' shadow, he played well last year without him. K Williams is a stud. 2 years in the league and is already a Pro-Bowler. Smoot and Winfield are going to be an awesome tandem to watch.

Added to that Cowart, P. Williams, and Winfield all played for Cottrell, that's an added bonus.

Injuries, while every team has them, Minnesota did well for what they had. With Jim back at TE and our line solidified I think they'll do fine. We need a better run game and hopefully someone will emerge. Injury to Udeze didn't help either. We didn't have as good of a line as we will have this year.

Our real only drawback is our kicking game, both kicking and returning. We need a solid starter on both sides.

Plus we got two pretty damn good draft picks this year. We should be able to get a few starters to help even more.

Amen brother!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: