Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Here's How We Deal With Viking's Fans
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Halfback007


FF Fanatic
Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 2303
Location: ZA WARUDO
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I agree.
Our D should be able to flirt around 18 by this year, which is a pretty decent Defense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hinzvikes


Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 341
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halfback007 wrote:
Yea, I agree.
Our D should be able to flirt around 18 by this year, which is a pretty decent Defense.


I've seen this question asked before but I still haven't heard a straight answer how do you packer fans figure your defense will be better than last year?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stallyns


Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 24028
Location: 414
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

last year we went into the season expecting to have mike mckenzie as our starting cb, he decided that with all the money free agents were getting, that he deserved a new contract, so he held out which forced us to use michael hawthorne and a rookie cb(carroll) to replace him
this year we know we have al harris, ahmad carroll,arturo freeman, earl little, mark roman, there won't be any surprises like last year and our young guys are a year older freeman knows bates system
now we just need carroll to learn how not to hold and everyone else how to tackle
_________________
Colts draft picks:
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Halfback007


FF Fanatic
Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 2303
Location: ZA WARUDO
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can get Pollack or another Smart DE, this will help the pass rush.

I see Nick Barnett becoming the leader of the Green Bay D this year.
If he can act like Ray Lewis, then the whole team should be hyped up to win a game besides lettin the offense do it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marshpit


Joined: 21 Mar 2005
Posts: 275
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
last year we went into the season expecting to have mike mckenzie as our starting cb, he decided that with all the money free agents were getting, that he deserved a new contract, so he held out which forced us to use michael hawthorne and a rookie cb(carroll) to replace him
this year we know we have al harris, ahmad carroll,arturo freeman, earl little, mark roman, there won't be any surprises like last year and our young guys are a year older freeman knows bates system
now we just need carroll to learn how not to hold and everyone else how to tackle

In my opinion, I still don't see a solid reason why the GB Pack will have a 'good' defensive. Changing your DC could make a difference; however, any DC needs the players to be effective. A DC also needs time for his schemes to be effectively implemented i.e Ted Cottrell MN Vikes (2005 NFC North camps). Yes you have added some bit pieces to the 'D'! Harris is solid, ahmad has potential, but he hasn't shown anything but bust, arturo, little, and roman are average players!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hinzvikes


Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 341
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
last year we went into the season expecting to have mike mckenzie as our starting cb, he decided that with all the money free agents were getting, that he deserved a new contract, so he held out which forced us to use michael hawthorne and a rookie cb(carroll) to replace him
this year we know we have al harris, ahmad carroll,arturo freeman, earl little, mark roman, there won't be any surprises like last year and our young guys are a year older freeman knows bates system
now we just need carroll to learn how not to hold and everyone else how to tackle


Ok you use the argument that arturo knows bates system, yet you all argue that the vikes D won't be good bc they don't know cotrell's system and let's see we picked up winfield last year, product of cotrell's system and this year we picked up cowart and Pat Williams, who also know cotrell's system. So let me get this straight one guy that knows your system helps you more than 3 guys that know our system?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marshpit


Joined: 21 Mar 2005
Posts: 275
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hinzvikes wrote:
stallyns wrote:
last year we went into the season expecting to have mike mckenzie as our starting cb, he decided that with all the money free agents were getting, that he deserved a new contract, so he held out which forced us to use michael hawthorne and a rookie cb(carroll) to replace him
this year we know we have al harris, ahmad carroll,arturo freeman, earl little, mark roman, there won't be any surprises like last year and our young guys are a year older freeman knows bates system
now we just need carroll to learn how not to hold and everyone else how to tackle


Ok you use the argument that arturo knows bates system, yet you all argue that the vikes D won't be good bc they don't know cotrell's system and let's see we picked up winfield last year, product of cotrell's system and this year we picked up cowart and Pat Williams, who also know cotrell's system. So let me get this straight one guy that knows your system helps you more than 3 guys that know our system?


Good stuff Hinz! Not only do we have 3 players with past experience with Cottrell, we have had a whole year, off-season, an upcoming training camp to continue to implement Cottrells schemes!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Luv4sports69


Joined: 12 Apr 2005
Posts: 277
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viking fans seem to forget that even though they have brought in some new talent. That the packers have cut some of there viruses, IE Sharper, Jue. Having a new leader on defense that can actually inspire his teammates by making plays not injuring himself on a missed field goal return. Have fun w/ Sharper!!! Laughing The packers as long as we dont have another bonehead will draft another force to

2003 you almost forgot that vikings lost to the lowly cardinals with that heart breaking loss. That one put sprinkles on the top of our NFC championship.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marshpit


Joined: 21 Mar 2005
Posts: 275
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Vikings Fans Reply with quote

Rue_Brittania wrote:
Well I dont know what you vikings fans are on.......The VIKINGS WENT TO THE PLAYOFFS AT 8-8 so What if the Packers are 8-8 and turn it on in the playoffs like the Vikings did last year. Anything can happen, stats MEAN NOTHING.

YOU ARE ALL SO COCKY THAT THE VIKINGS WILL DO WELL. The vikings always choke, they did it last year, they "Forget to draft" just about every year and let other teams pick before them, they choke every year and never find a way to win a superbowl. Records dont matter as long as u get to the playoffs. And the packers have won a superbowl with in the last 10 years, infact the Vikings havent won a Superbowl cause they choke. This season will be no different.

The packers are a TEAM, they have leadership and coaching. The Vikings are a bunch of players who dont know how to play with eachother yet, like the Redskins put together in 1999 (I think) with Deion Sanders, Brad Johnson, etc. They played horrible together, it takes time to get to know eachother and play well together, Like The NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS.


I will give you props on your Washington comparison. They had a lot of great 'bit' players that didn't gel. I believe The Vike picks were made partially on talent, needs, and TEAM cohesiveness. I also respect your playoff analogy. Yes 8-8 was good enough to make it to the playoffs, I'm not sure it will happen again...An 8-8 record has not fared well in the past. With that said, the NFL is the 'poster child' for parody. Regarding TEAM..We may have gotten rid of one of our marquee players (Moss), we also got rid of one of the mopst selfish players...a cancer on the very concept of TEAM!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rippleforskin


Joined: 23 Jan 2005
Posts: 105
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how did we choke in the playoffs last year????? If I remember correctly we wiped the floor with the Packers, only to get beat by the NFC champs, the Eagles.

Either way i'm not coming in here and bashing the Packers, because we haven't proven anything yet. They're the reignin NFC North Champs, and until we, bears, or lions do something about it, they will be the champs. Will the Packers choke????

Who's the QB this year? Brett Favre. So no... they won't choke. But the Vikings will still do better, and we WILL win the NFC North this year.

But I still have to give you guys your respect, that's why I haven't come in here bashing you guys. All I do is come in here and take up for my beloved Vikings, and I don't expect anything less from you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
hinzvikes


Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 341
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luv4sports69 wrote:
Have fun w/ Sharper!!! Laughing


Ok we will have fun with Sharper, even if what you guys say about him is true about his skill diminishing, he's still an upgrade from Brian Russell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
daintrain28


FF Fanatic

Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Posts: 19665
Location: Bettendorf, Iowa
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, and he's a hot dog and not at all a team player, and would probably fit well in a Minnesota uniform.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
hinzvikes


Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 341
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Vikings Fans Reply with quote

marshpit wrote:
Rue_Brittania wrote:
Well I dont know what you vikings fans are on.......The VIKINGS WENT TO THE PLAYOFFS AT 8-8 so What if the Packers are 8-8 and turn it on in the playoffs like the Vikings did last year. Anything can happen, stats MEAN NOTHING.

YOU ARE ALL SO COCKY THAT THE VIKINGS WILL DO WELL. The vikings always choke, they did it last year, they "Forget to draft" just about every year and let other teams pick before them, they choke every year and never find a way to win a superbowl. Records dont matter as long as u get to the playoffs. And the packers have won a superbowl with in the last 10 years, infact the Vikings havent won a Superbowl cause they choke. This season will be no different.

The packers are a TEAM, they have leadership and coaching. The Vikings are a bunch of players who dont know how to play with eachother yet, like the Redskins put together in 1999 (I think) with Deion Sanders, Brad Johnson, etc. They played horrible together, it takes time to get to know eachother and play well together, Like The NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS.


I will give you props on your Washington comparison. They had a lot of great 'bit' players that didn't gel. I believe The Vike picks were made partially on talent, needs, and TEAM cohesiveness. I also respect your playoff analogy. Yes 8-8 was good enough to make it to the playoffs, I'm not sure it will happen again...An 8-8 record has not fared well in the past. With that said, the NFL is the 'poster child' for parody. Regarding TEAM..We may have gotten rid of one of our marquee players (Moss), we also got rid of one of the mopst selfish players...a cancer on the very concept of TEAM!!


I don't agree with the analysis on the Redskins yes they had a bad record, but there defense was always quality, which shows that cohesiveness isn't as big on defense as it is on offense. The Redskins for years now have thrown random, good players in on defense and it's been good, they just need to get an offense together that doesn't suck.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group