Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Here's How We Deal With Viking's Fans
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Here's How We Deal With Viking's Fans Reply with quote

Hey y'all. I don't know about the rest of you, but the Viking fans are getting a little full of themselves. While I will commend them for being polite and clean with their assessments, they seem to forget that every year is "the year" the Vikings are going to go to the Super Bowl. Does it ever happen? Never. Not only that but it rarely happens that they win the North/Central. You'd have to go back five years since Minnesota has won a Division Title. So, now the Vikings made some big free agent pick ups, and everyone is talking about them. Big wup. Remember all the bold predictions Viking Fans are making, and when we beat them AGAIN, and take the Division Title AGAIN, everyone go in their chatroom and call them out. Everyone remember who it was that was talking trash, what they said and what predictions they made. To quote Star Trek: "Revenge is a dish best served cold."
marshpit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you can remember 'Marshpit'! Because I sticking with my predictions: Favre is done, GB will not post a better record than 8-8, You will not make the play offs, and they you will not beat the Vikes.

Disclaimers: Farve may put some OK #'s...because he will be forced to throw! your 'D' stinks..period! Forget about 8-8, you may only see 6 wins! Playoffs? Det. will be there before GB will! OK, the Nov. game bothers me a little. We have had a history of spliting with interdivisional teams...No matter how bad GB is..i.e even da bears seem to take one from us every year!
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way is Detroit there, unless Harrington finally breaks out.

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshpit wrote:
Well, you can remember 'Marshpit'! Because I sticking with my predictions: Favre is done, GB will not post a better record than 8-8, You will not make the play offs, and they you will not beat the Vikes.

Every year you guys say the same thing marshpit, every year.
DarthFavre

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummmm hey Marshpit.You better go back and check your old scores for say ther last 22 meetings between Chicago and Green Bay. we are 19-3 against them.That doesnt sound much to me like splitting games with them every year.Its more like every 5 or 6 years.We have also had detroits number most of that same time span including an NFL record 13 straight wins against them in Green Bay.
ezra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm suprised at how many post are about the vikings on this forum
it seems to me you guys are scared and just trying to make yourselves believe that the packers will succeed but that could just be me

Mario Manningham will become as good as Braylon Edwards was during his senior year at Michigan! I guarantee it!
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it all started with marshpit's post on how he believes that favre is done and the pack should rebuild
more of vikings fans fear of not knowing exactly what kind of team we'll have next year
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ezra wrote:
it seems to me you guys are scared and just trying to make yourselves believe that the packers will succeed but that could just be me

That's becasue we continuously get Viking fans in here talking trash.
mossnomore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ummmm hey Marshpit.You better go back and check your old scores for say ther last 22 meetings between Chicago and Green Bay.
Quote:
We have had a history of spliting with interdivisional teams...No matter how bad GB is..i.e even da bears seem to take one from us every year!

I do believe that marshpit is saying that " one from us" is the Vikings.
marshpit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rushpacker_56 wrote:
No way is Detroit there, unless Harrington finally breaks out.

How do you feel about Garcia, he will take over Harrington by the end of the pre-season. Garcia will have an awesone stable of WR's, is it time for Garcia's resurrection?
marshpit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
ezra wrote:

That's becasue we continuously get Viking fans in here talking trash.

Not trying to talk trash, just trying to propose an objective view regarding the 'Packs' 2005 plight.
msmre

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same plight that people give us each year. The defense was maligned last year. Oops, we went 10 and 6. It is like clockwork, the bears and lions will stink. The Vikings will make noise early and then choke and go 8-8. The Packers will rattle off 10 wins. It is about class people and the Vikings have none. Is anyone trying to tell me that Kelly Campbell and Nate Burlson can hang with Moss. Nope.

Like seasons changing, death, and taxes.
marshpit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fully understand the the recent history! Times are a changin' I'm just trying to break the news in a nice easy fashion. I commend you on your passion for your beloved GB; however, past history shows that there is an ebb and flow within each division. I just feel it's time for the Vikes, DET to flow...GB and CHI will battle for last place in NFC north.
Rue_Brittania

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Vikings Fans Reply with quote

Well I dont know what you vikings fans are on.......The VIKINGS WENT TO THE PLAYOFFS AT 8-8 so What if the Packers are 8-8 and turn it on in the playoffs like the Vikings did last year. Anything can happen, stats MEAN NOTHING.

YOU ARE ALL SO COCKY THAT THE VIKINGS WILL DO WELL. The vikings always choke, they did it last year, they "Forget to draft" just about every year and let other teams pick before them, they choke every year and never find a way to win a superbowl. Records dont matter as long as u get to the playoffs. And the packers have won a superbowl with in the last 10 years, infact the Vikings havent won a Superbowl cause they choke. This season will be no different.

The packers are a TEAM, they have leadership and coaching. The Vikings are a bunch of players who dont know how to play with eachother yet, like the Redskins put together in 1999 (I think) with Deion Sanders, Brad Johnson, etc. They played horrible together, it takes time to get to know eachother and play well together, Like The NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS.
byzr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good post good post. the vikings fans are so worried about having another sub par season they have to come in here and talk it up. i'd imagine both defenses are leaps and bounds better next year. our defense is going to be completely different with the new coordinator and their D will be a mess the first few games then start to gell.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: