You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

times running out
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the Saint

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: times running out Reply with quote

If the saints want to get a really good CB, they need to step it up.
i mean Smoot is gone, Bly is gone,Clements is gone. They need to at least make a decent offer to Samuels soon.
flyguy594

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummmm samuels is gone to. he got franchised taged. the only other good ones they have is nick harper, or that macklin guy. If we dont get one of those two then we should wait till the draft and try for aaron ross, or daryl revis. We are close to signing ken hamlin and brian simmons right now. And we are after Brandon Stokley. I hope we get him, I always liked him
mattmatt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, the only way we get Samuels is if we give up our 1st rounder and I think next years 1st as well. If it was only this years 1st I wouldn't mind trading for him. it will be well worth it and he will be better than anyone we can get at 27.

I do like Roderick Hood. he is young and has played well for the Eagles. I see us waiting for the draft though to make a move.

I know that Hamlin can play both Safety and CB. and from what I've heard (not sure if it is accurate or not) Josh Bullocks can play either position also. Deon Grant would be a nice pickup. I have followed his career since he played at Tennessee in college. He isn't a hard hitter but is a solid S that has good instincts.

I'm not sure about Simmons. he has had some injury problems and is 31. I would rather us go after Napoleon Harris. At 25 he is just starting to get into his prime. He has played well for both the Raiders and Vikings. he can make an immediate impact at MLB.

Keato
D24pick

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattmatt wrote:
yeah, the only way we get Samuels is if we give up our 1st rounder and I think next years 1st as well. If it was only this years 1st I wouldn't mind trading for him. it will be well worth it and he will be better than anyone we can get at 27.

I do like Roderick Hood. he is young and has played well for the Eagles. I see us waiting for the draft though to make a move.

I know that Hamlin can play both Safety and CB. and from what I've heard (not sure if it is accurate or not) Josh Bullocks can play either position also. Deon Grant would be a nice pickup. I have followed his career since he played at Tennessee in college. He isn't a hard hitter but is a solid S that has good instincts.

I'm not sure about Simmons. he has had some injury problems and is 31. I would rather us go after Napoleon Harris. At 25 he is just starting to get into his prime. He has played well for both the Raiders and Vikings. he can make an immediate impact at MLB.

I agree all the way

-Saints Assistant GM FFMD07-
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: times running out Reply with quote

One name at corner that no one is really talking about is Tory James. I know he's up in age but he still has game and can help the young corners the saints are likley to draft.

WhoDat!
D24pick

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: times running out Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
One name at corner that no one is really talking about is Tory James. I know he's up in age but he still has game and can help the young corners the saints are likley to draft.

WhoDat!

Yeah I feel the same way

sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: times running out Reply with quote

the Saint wrote:
If the saints want to get a really good CB, they need to step it up.
i mean Smoot is gone, Bly is gone,Clements is gone. They need to at least make a decent offer to Samuels soon.

absolutely agree. if the Saints don't get a quality CB during the offseason...the offseason will practically be a waste. how can you not address your most pressing need during the offseason? the saints need to get on it.
D24pick

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have reportedly contacted William James formally known as Will Peterson. The guy was beast for he got injured. Has been rehabing until week three of last year, when week 6 the Eagles picked him up. He played well, so I think even this will be an upgrade

flyguy594

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we could get him cheap to
D24pick

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rod Hood 2

sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another day goes by and the saints still don't have a #2 CB. If the Saints management is actually considering Fred Thomas as a guy who will be competing for the Saints #2 CB job next season...I am going to start questioning the decision making of the Saints front office. How long have we seen what Thomas has to offer? Is it going to take another year to evaluate whether or not he is a starting CB? give me a break! stop insulting my intelligence saints FO!

If the Saints don't sign a starting CB...they will be forced to draft a CB...and even worse...they will be forced to draft a starting CB. You don't draft a starting CB with the 27th overall pick. And if the Saints choose not to address the position in FA or in the 1st round...we might as well be looking forward to 2009...because this team isn't going to get over the hump with fred thomas as a starting CB on our team.
Senor Mortgage

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why the Saints didn't go after Hood. Zona landed him for a very cheap/affordable deal.
Psi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't see what the big rush is. ok, the marquee guys are gone, so why not let's just draft one and then wait and see who's a post-draft causualty and get them cheap.
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psi wrote:
i don't see what the big rush is. ok, the marquee guys are gone, so why not let's just draft one and then wait and see who's a post-draft causualty and get them cheap.

that is very risky. if there was ONE move that HAD to be made this offseason in free agency...it was bringing in a solid CB. You can't wait for post-draft cuts...you don't know if there will be anyone there better than Fred Thomas. If we don't get a solid FA CB...we will be FORCED into taking a 1st round CB, or to just stay with Fred Thomas...and I don't know which one of the two I hate more.
D24pick

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything just sucks now! I hope they eat poop!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: