Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Freeman,Little,Kampman,Draft?=Frye

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Freeman,Little,Kampman,Draft?=Frye Reply with quote

Is this possible,that this additions through free agency would appease Bates enough that they draft DE,LB,S in later rounds
and take Charlie Frye in the first round
i am beginning to get that feeling ,
should we be satisfied enough with these additions to warrant not taking an instant starter in the first round?
waddya think?
Couldn't think of anything funny, thought provoking, inspiring or a cool idea for a photo with text. Didn't want to tell you who my favorite teams are in sports because I doubt you care. And there aren't enough Colts fans for Adopt-a-Colt
hauschild

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is a God, he will not let TT and co. draft a QB in the first or second rounds!

Thankfully, I think this won't happen 'cause we just don't have enough beef up front.
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if we get Kampman back, which is doubtful, we will still draft a d-end early, as this was our plan even before the Vikes offered Kampman a contract.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PLEASE NO OFFENSE IN ROUND ONE!!think they heard me? lol I think this whole Frye thing is a smoke screen to make people think we are not interested in McPherson.I see them taking McPherson in the 2nd round.I guess they tried picking him up some how last year and it fell through.Thats just my opinion,I could be wrong.
KiwiFan94

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rush,

I we will get a DE on day one but probably in the second or third since Hunt is moving to DE.

stallyns,

We will not reach for a quarterback I think with the first pick we should try and get a LB or DT in the second we should get a OG, DE and in third we should get a DE, OG.

~kinetic~
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where have you heard that Hunt will move over to d-end? I think he would blow at end. Does he have any pass rush skills? I hope we take a d-end later. I would love to get Justin Tuck in round 2. If we do sign Draft, though, and Hunt is moving to d-end, plus we got Little and Freeman, who do we take in round one? Baas? Brown? Marcus Johnson?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also heard about Hunt at DE. My guess is that he will play end on running downs and move inside for passing downs.

My guess is that they will pick the following in round one in this order

T. Davis
M. Spears
D. Ware
S. Cody
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spears won't fall past 12 to San Diego.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Where have you heard that Hunt will move over to d-end? I think he would blow at end. Does he have any pass rush skills

I read it in a article on JS I think we should go for Travis Johnson in the first round.

~kinetic~
packerpride17

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Spears won't fall past 12 to San Diego.

I have to agree with you. But i seem to remember a few years ago everyone thought St. Louis was going to take Boss Bailey at #12. He ended up sliding to the second round. I do not think though, that spears will drop that far, but nothing in the draft is a sure bet.
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been one of the biggest supporters of the Packers drafting Charlie Frye. I think he has great potential. Like I said before reminds me a lot of Steve McNair or Byron Leftwich. That having been said, to draft him in the First Round would be a big reach. I'm in favor of drafting him, only if he's still available at our second Second Round pick.

ESPN magazine claims his stock is falling, and he might fall right out of the Second Round completely. While I think this is a little bit of a drastic prediction, who knows?

We need to address the Defensive Line, Secondary, and Linebacker. I like Frye, but let's forget about Quarterback. Let's focus on trying to win a Super Bowl while we still have Favre. We can worry about life after him later. Heck, for all we know, Favre ends up palying another 5 years. While I don't think that'll happen, I wouldn't put it past him.

Furthermore, how many heir apparents has Favre had and outlasted? Mark Brunell, Ty Dentmer, Doug Pederson, Aaron Brooks, Matt Hasselbeck. Those are a lot of draft choices wasted. Let's not waste anymore. No matter what happens, once Favre is gone we are going to have minimally two years of rebuilding to do.
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

even if frye's stock is falling it only takes one team to like him and he could be an early to mid second rounder,but i agree 2nd(b) isn't bad as long as it's the first offensive pick
Couldn't think of anything funny, thought provoking, inspiring or a cool idea for a photo with text. Didn't want to tell you who my favorite teams are in sports because I doubt you care. And there aren't enough Colts fans for Adopt-a-Colt
hauschild

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, No and no! No QB's until the 3rd or 4th round.

C'mon, you guys know that we need to get Brett another legitimate shot. Screw this QB talk. It's complete and utter nonsense!

I can't believe some of you would pass on a Kevin Burnett and pull the trigger on a high-risk quarterback in Frye. I mean, holy moses, taking any QB nowadays is a big gamble, let alone blowing your brains out in the first or second rounds.

Sure, it's a gamble thinking TT and MS can't draft a defense good enough for a superbowl run, but I really believe it can be done.
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus, there are guys that could slide to round 3 that could be gems, like Orton, Walter, and McPherson.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: