Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tra Thomas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kencu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Tra Thomas Reply with quote

So is he definitly gone? I hope we resign him. He played great this year. He had two down one's previously but i cant see us getting anyone to replace him this year.
PhillyTransplant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the talk that I've been able to find, the only impact free agent who's a near sure thing to leave is Simon (Douglas, Blake and a couple others will too though). From all talk, they had planned to groom Andrews or Hicks to take his place this season but because of injuries ( including Jackson and Furio) were not able to. They still may move one of them if they can't resign him or get a free agent but if he doesn't outprice himself (or someone doesn't throw money at him) they'll keep him for at least a couple of years.
aafroe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if they do not resign nim i believe that Andrews will step in at tackle
He was a tackle in college and an all american at that.
When he came out of college, Some national publications even compared him to tra thomas
SuperBowlEagles

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tra Thomas is not a FA next year. We have him for a couple more years.
PhillyTransplant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, there goes this fun topic....so does anyone have a list of who is a FA for sure next year (i know its online places but haven't been able to find a complete list including who is RFA vs UFA)? And either way AR always drafts linemen looking to the future (watch for Ephrim to sign a 3-4 yr contract this summer after Westy and Lewis are secured)
lastdodo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roderick Hood CB ERFA
Alonzo Ephraim C ERFA
Quintin Mikell S ERFA
Brian Westbrook RB RFA
Ian Allen OT RFA
Derrick Burgess DE UFA
Jermane Mayberry OG UFA
Corey Simon DT UFA
Jon Ritchie FB UFA
Jeff Blake QB UFA
Correll Buckhalter RB UFA
Keith Adams LB UFA
Jeremiah Trotter LB UFA
Dorsey Levens RB UFA
Hugh Douglas DE UFA
Ike Reese LB UFA

all these have been checked against nflpa.org
Edited to add Ike Reese

Last edited by lastdodo on Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
PhillyTransplant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayberry must have been the one we were thinking of when this thread began -- most of our earlier discussion applies to his situation (although I won't be as sad to see him go compared to Thomas).

Of the FA list, here's what I think.

Definitely back (in order of importance): westbrook, lewis, ephraim, mikell, hood, reese [I'm almost sure he's a FA too)

Probably back but no gaurentee: Trotter, Burgess, Mayberry

If price is right:Adams, Douglas(although if Burgess leaves look for him to stay), Ritchie, Buckhalter, Allen, Levens

Good as gone: Simon, Blake

Obviously, who we might get in free agency and how the draft can affect but I see at least 10 of them ending up with the team at least in training camp.
lastdodo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are right about the odds of people being back Transplant, except I don't think Keith Adams will be back (I think we will look at a young special teamer/future Will in the draft). The only way I see mayberry coming back is if Runyan retires, then we might keep him here in case Andrews struggles early at RT.
PhillyTransplant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I see Adams coming back because I think AR will get rid of some of the draft picks by trading them for future draft picks or to stockpile higher ones. But I don't think Adams is the highest priority unless Reese decides to depart and then Adams will be signed to lead the Special Teams.
If AR doesn't move up to get someone like Elton Brown or Barron, I see him moving down and by some combination of picks and players ending up with three more first day picks and getting
1)RB to complement Westy(RBrown, Fason, TA McCendon (sp?), KJ Harris or Jacobs depending on which pick they use)
2) a lineman for each side of the ball
3) 2 linebackers who'll take over for Trotter and Simoneau in a year or two
4) a possesion WR to push/replace Mitchell.
By the way, any word on if we have KC's 3rd or 4th.
And while I'm on a roll, Grasmanis won't be back (good guy but we'll get youth and possibly FA) and if someone will take them Wayne and Mitchell won't either (they help bring in additional picks when packaged with 4th/5ths).
lastdodo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting idea packaging Mitchell with a 4th for a 3rd... could happen esp if we end up with a 4 from KC. I don't see any scenario where Mitchell willbe back next year, unless something really odd happens with Pinkston, or Owens rehab. i don't think wayne has any trade value whatsoever. He has a roster bonus, and I don't think we are interested in paying it, so he will be cut before March 1.
PhillyTransplant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't know about the roster bonus but I don't know if they'll cut him until they have a for sure replacement which means signing Trotter and/or Reese or some other FA linebacker.

Anyone else that's probably gone without even considering competition at training camp? (do you realize that even if Ritchie comes back doesn't we'll have like seven HBs signed for next year). Scuillo and Parry have earned spots for next year in my eyes unless they get beat in preseason (I miss Clint Hart but it was best for the team). Someone that I haven't pinned down yet will not be back - McMullen? Wynn? Short? Mitchell and Pinkston? not sure, this is why I think they'll end up with less picks this draft then what they have now
aafroe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After this year, i do not see either Kieth "the Bullet" Adams coming back, and i also see the birds cutting nate wayne. i think it is huge that he is not starting this week, even though simineau is down.

taking their places i see Labinjo making the roster, and i see current practice squad player greg richmond from ok state making the team. he is an excellent blitzer, and i think he had something like 9.5 sacks his senior year
lastdodo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aafroe I agree that Adams and Wayne will be gone, but I think its more likely that we will add some young lbs in the draft. I see one day 1 pick, and 1 or 2 late round picks for developmental/special teams players. If we cut Wayne (which is a near certainty) we need to replace him as a nickleback. Reese and Adams are ok as backups/short timers, but we need a more talented 3 down lb to take the job and push Simineau.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: