You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official L.A. Dodgers Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89, 90  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bone_Collector

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
Great come from behind against one of the better bullpens in baseball. I will never like the shift, that first run scored because we shifted Kemp and I don't recall teams shifting on him last year. Good to get a win with Kershaw not at his best.

Ugh I know. Never been a fan of the shift.
Yea Kershaw looked great at times and then looked mortal at others. He'll be fine. I liked that our bullpen looked solid. No shaky performances.

Props to cdUbs14 for the sig!
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bone_Collector wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:
Great come from behind against one of the better bullpens in baseball. I will never like the shift, that first run scored because we shifted Kemp and I don't recall teams shifting on him last year. Good to get a win with Kershaw not at his best.

Yea Kershaw looked great at times and then looked mortal at others. He'll be fine. I liked that our bullpen looked solid. No shaky performances.

Yea im fine with Clayton looking mortal. Rather see that and the bullpen look good than him dominate and the BP blow the save

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dwight_Schrute wrote:
Urias is definitely the real deal. I watched a few of his outings a couple years back when he was 16. I live like 30 minutes away from Dow Diamond where the Great Lakes Loons play, and he was definitely electric.

I thought he looked better in low-A ball than Kershaw did back in like 2007.

Anyway. I will be going to a few more Loon's games this season. Is there anybody on the roster I should keep an eye on? I'm going to the opener this Thursday, but I'm not exactly in tune with the Dodger's prospects. I root for the Tigers, but the Loons are just too close to not watch them.

I believe he's now at A+ Rancho Cucamonga with the Quakes. I'll be sure to see some his games considering I live in Rancho Cool

Bone_Collector

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Bone_Collector wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:

Yea im fine with Clayton looking mortal. Rather see that and the bullpen look good than him dominate and the BP blow the save

Why not have both? Twisted Evil

I'm worried about our backend of the rotation. I know our FO did their hw on McCarthy and Anderson but I still can't trust that those two will hold up all season. At least we have some depth this year with starters.

NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bone_Collector wrote:
Dwight_Schrute wrote:
Urias is definitely the real deal. I watched a few of his outings a couple years back when he was 16. I live like 30 minutes away from Dow Diamond where the Great Lakes Loons play, and he was definitely electric.

I thought he looked better in low-A ball than Kershaw did back in like 2007.

Anyway. I will be going to a few more Loon's games this season. Is there anybody on the roster I should keep an eye on? I'm going to the opener this Thursday, but I'm not exactly in tune with the Dodger's prospects. I root for the Tigers, but the Loons are just too close to not watch them.

I believe he's now at A+ Rancho Cucamonga with the Quakes. I'll be sure to see some his games considering I live in Rancho Cool

Sorry to rain on the parade but I read he was starting at Tulsa which is our new AA club.
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also if you had any doubts before now I'd bet the farm that Greinke opts out after the season. Ricky Porcello signed for a little less per year than Greinke's contract is for. Granted he's 4 years older than Porcello but with that kind of a contract going out Greinke is going to think he'll get more and will hit the market while he can for his last contract to get paid.
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
Also if you had any doubts before now I'd bet the farm that Greinke opts out after the season. Ricky Porcello signed for a little less per year than Greinke's contract is for. Granted he's 4 years older than Porcello but with that kind of a contract going out Greinke is going to think he'll get more and will hit the market while he can for his last contract to get paid.

Thought it was always a given that Grienke was going to opt out after this year. So we really only have two long term pitchers on the roster--Kersh and Ryu.

Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones
l3lind golfer wrote:
Sam Bradford is about as good as Matt Ryan, so when the Falcons get a good QB we can call each other.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 bad starts from Kershaw, Puig benched early, bullpen giving up runs, defense still not good, very little offense.

Pretty worried right now. Greinke and Gonzo the only bright spots.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
agarcia34

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like my dad always told me about baseball the pretenders will come out hot the good teams will hang around till the all star break and then you will see the good teams take over.

Im not worried its a long season new team with a lot of new parts that need to gel.

One thing I don't like is how H.Kendrick is hitting clean up I would like to see Puig in that spot to get him more chances to hit with people on base then hitting second in the line up.

Alex Guerrero has been having the hot bat lately. I would think they would have to ride that bat at 3rd base. Could offer some much needed offense.
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was at the game tonight to see the walkoff. A great birthday present!

Man, I get shivers whenever I hear "I Love LA" after a win

Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones
l3lind golfer wrote:
Sam Bradford is about as good as Matt Ryan, so when the Falcons get a good QB we can call each other.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agarcia34 wrote:
Like my dad always told me about baseball the pretenders will come out hot the good teams will hang around till the all star break and then you will see the good teams take over.

Im not worried its a long season new team with a lot of new parts that need to gel.

One thing I don't like is how H.Kendrick is hitting clean up I would like to see Puig in that spot to get him more chances to hit with people on base then hitting second in the line up.

Alex Guerrero has been having the hot bat lately. I would think they would have to ride that bat at 3rd base. Could offer some much needed offense.

Considering Puigs struggles so far idk if I want him at cleanup and Kendrick is ballin right now too

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't keep Guerrero out of the lineup. Not like Uribe is hitting.

Guerrero and Joc are heating up for rookies. Great sign.

Starting pitching outside of Greinke is really worrying me. Huff isn't long for the rotation. Wish they still had Bills.

Kendrick has been a bright spot. Dee is doing well in Miami too.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Dwight_Schrute

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched a couple Loon's games this past week, so I figured I'd share some of my opinions on some of your prospects.

In the first game I watched, Grant Holmes started the game. He looked pretty sluggish throughout, unable to really locate the strike zone or fool batters. He lasted less than 4 innings before they pulled him with a runner on third. He ended up allowing four runs in that span.

I also went to tonight's game. It ended up lasting 16-innings. There wasn't much to report really. The offense was pretty stagnant all around, with all of the best plays being defensive gems by the infielders on both teams. Yadir Drake has been fairly impressive so far. He has had a rough past couple games, but I don't think it's anything to worry about. He's seen his average drop from like .375 to .190. I think it's odd he was assigned here, but I reckon he'll be promoted soon. He is a 25 year old outfielder, so it's odd that he is in low-A ball. Also impressive this season has been your second-round pick from a year ago, Alex Verdugo. The team has him playing CF with Drake in RF. Once Drake moves up, I'd assume Verdugo moves to RF. He has a canon that will be better utilized over there. He's been fine at the plate this season too, but struggled a little tonight. He was 2-7, and seemed to be trying to get a walk off HR once the game went into extra innings. He was swinging out of his shoes.

Not sure if Josmar Cordero is a name to watch in your organization. He is an infielder, played 1B tonight. He ended up pitching the 16th and got railed for a HR. Poor guy was just throwing meatballs like it was BP. His future is not as a pitcher lol Laughing

Always cool to watch a few games every year though. You never know who will crack an MLB roster. Nathan Eovaldi, Dee Gordon, Kenley Jansen, Clayton Kershaw, Andrew Lambo, Joc Peterson and a bunch of other MLB players have worked there way through the Great Lakes Loons.
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback! Always good to hear on hand reports. That was Holmes first outing of the year and he didn't get a ton of work in during the minor league camp this year. After throwing more in the Arizona fall league they kept a light load on him this spring. Might have to do with his sluggish start.

I'm really high on Verdugo, kid tore up the AZL this past fall and looks like he has all the tools to be a starter in the OF.

I don't know a lot about Drake other than he was signed last year at 24. Some of the scouts who signed him spoke very highly of him but there's just not much info prior to us signing him.

Thanks again for the info.
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kershaw with a filthy start. Five straight K's, 6 through the first 3 innings and had a double.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89, 90  Next
Page 88 of 90

Jump to: