Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

MIAMI DOLPHINS MOCK DRAFT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dolphin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: MIAMI DOLPHINS MOCK DRAFT Reply with quote

SINCE THE DRAFT IS CLOSE LET'S GET SOME OF YOUR DOLPHINS MOCK DRAFT. LET'S BE AS REALISTIC AS POSSIBLE EX: HAVING ADRIAN MCPHERSON GOING IN THE 4TH ROUND IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!! SO I WILL START WITH MINE.

MOCK DRAFT

1ST RD 5TH PICK- RONNIE BROWN (DOLPHINS TRADE DOWN WITH THE BUCCS FOR THEIR 1ST & 2ND THIS YEAR AND A 1ST ROUND PICK NEXT YEAR. THEY PICK UP THE MOST COMPLETE BACK IN DRAFT.

2ND RD 36TH PICK- DARYL BLACKSTOCK (THE DOLPHINS SNATCH A REALLY GOOD LINEBACKER TO REPLACE JUNIOR IN THE FUTURE.

2ND RD 46TH PICK- JEROME MATHIS (DOLPHINS TRADE PAT TO K.C FOR THE 46TH PICK IN THE DRAFT. THEY PICK UP A SPEED DEMON TO COMPLIMENT CHAMBERS.

3RD RD 70TH PICK- C.J MOSLEY ( STRONG AND QUICK THE DOLPHINS PICK UP A REPLACEMENT FOR BOWENS OR CHESTER IN THE FUTURE.

4TH RD 104TH PICK- ATARY BIGBY (STRONG HITTER AND PLAYMAKING ABILITY. WILL HELP THE SAFETY POSITION A LOT.

5TH RD 138TH PICK- DAN ORLOVSKY (VERY UNDERRATED QB. CAN MAKE ALL THE THROWS AND IS MOBILE. NO ONE EVEN MENTIONS HIM. WOULD BE AN ABSOLUTE STEAL IN THE 5TH RD.

7TH RD 216TH PICK- BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did the 36th pick come from??
That would be awesome if Blackstock was still availible then, but...don't think he will be. I wouldn't take Atari Bigby until the 6th or 7th.
FF Member #1000
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like this,m but why Bigby in the 4th? Take Rosegreen... ALso, Mathis likely wont eb BPA at 46. Anyway, Ill give this another go. I will chnage your Buc trade a bitas that won't ghappen. the Bucs wanna trade this years opicsk cuz of their cap. i could also see us trying to put Zgonnina in it and getting Booger in return, but it porolly wont happen so heres my trade:

Dolphins get: 5th overall, 36th overall, 3rd rounder, 3rd rounder next year.

Bucs get: 2nd overall

We do this as we barely move down and get alot. They do thiss cuz they ened to et rid of some picks as tghey cant sign players now...

1(5)-Ronnie Brown/Cadillac Williams-Very talented and has potential to be then next LT... and Williams started over him...
Now, the next pick is key as some say Pool wil be around and some say no, so i will do a mock for both scenarios:

2(36)-Brodney Pool, S-Saban loves the guy and thusly, so do I.
2(46)-David Baas, G/C-Fills needs at guard and center plus has a lot of talent.
3(CHI)-C.J. Mosley, DT, Mizzou- A big guy who can help us out now and eventuallly be our NT.
3(TB thru SD)-Its a later 3rd, so I say jason Campbell or Kyle Orton or Andrew Walter worse case scenario.
4(MIA)-Larry Brackins. too good a talent to pass up. CJ Brooks will get hard looks though at OLB. I could also see Junior Rosegreen or Munoz/Willis here.
5(MIA)-Ryan Clarige./Zac Woodfin, OLB-Great players are great value here.
7(MIA)-Doug Buckles if available-He wood be a good value here and would help our OL depth a lot. Similar to the Hadnot pick last year, which worked out all right...If hes gone then Aric Williams, CB from Oregon State (great talent), Derek Curry (OLB from ND), or Jonathan Nichols(K to replace eventally/sub for Mare).

If Pool is gone:
2(36)-Roddy White, UAB or Reggie Brown if hes gone (WR)-Great talents and are BPAs here IMO.
2(46)-David Baas, G/C, Michigan-By far the best G in this draft in my opinion and he also is a good C. I would also love Shazor or Bullocks here, but there are good S's later in the draft.
3(CHI)-CJ Mosley, DT, Mizzou.-Explained earlier.
3(TB thru SD)-Jordan Beck-Great OLB and great value here and will likely be around.
4(MIA)-Junor Rosegreen, S-Great player and Saban loves the guy, so I do as well.
5(MIA)-Derek Anderson-Can trhow a ball through a target on a brick wall 50 yards away. A bit oversized, but isnt a stiff in the pocket.
7(MIA)-Check 7th rounder in other mock...
frankmoore

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be stunned if Jason Campbell were available with the 91st pick. If he isn't off the board in the first 50, someone will get a huge steal. Orton intrigues me. He might not be game ready as a rookie, but you know he's definitely a pro-prospect after running Joe Tiller's offense.

While they are both RTs, I think that Munoz could and Willis definitely will be off the board by the end of Day 1. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see Willis go to New England.

Part of my brain says that a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and next year's 3rd would be overpaying for the #2 pick but the math adds up. If Saban can pull that off, it would be quite the coup.
FF Member #1031
NYCphinfan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would dance naked infront of the Javits center if we were able to pull that trade off and still get Ronnie. I know the numbers might add up, but I cannot see Gruden pulling the trigger on that one.....but hey you never know! Only 8 days until we find out for sure
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

k, sorry didn't realize you made the trade w/ Tampa Bay.
FF Member #1000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: