Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Demarcus Ware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
texansfan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Demarcus Ware Reply with quote

This guy is shooting up draft boards. There's rumor that San Diego might be looking at him at the 12th spot, so he might be another option at 13. He apparently did really well in testing and against the other top prospects for the draft, so he could be another way to go. What have you guys heard about him?

p.s. I really think OLB in our 3-4 is a big need. We sound close to getting Ellis Johnson for another player on the D-line, so I think we need to look OLB with either Ware or Merriman, OT with Barron or possibly S with Davis in the first round.
ShakeNbake2128

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys just traded up into the first round last season to land another DE/OLB that was shooting up the draft boards in Jason Babin. He would be the guy rushing the QB now you should look to get more of a coverage backer to play opposite him and it would help if it wasn't another rookie. But thats all just my opinion.

Charger-man thanks for the sweet sig and Scar for the avatar.
texansfan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good point, never really thought about that. But I think Wong and Greenwood in the middle are gonna be good, and Babin will really pick it up tihs year. Another good rush OLB could really create some pressure on QBs.
texan0305

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: yup Reply with quote

i think our linebackers will be good wong and greenwood on the inside, babin and peak on the out side, i hope we dont draft a lb, we have too many holes to draft for depth,also with the commitment on our 3 defensive lineman again i dont see them drafting soley on depth, the positions where they could use some immediate help would be corner, and wide reciever, also with all the reports from so called experts it looks like they will consider barron, even after the comments of how they were determined on keeping the core of offensive lineman from last year together, (might be a "smoke screen") but from all the mocks and expert picks they always seem to have barron conveniantly falling to 13, or defensive lineman or linebacker, i hope just my feeling on how they should aproach the draft is that they target troy williamson, if mike williams is available i think again you jump on him, another scenerio would be pacman falling to 13, think about that a foundation with 2 solid corners (since pacman is unproven i wont go as far as saying he will be a shut down corner but he's the new breed when it comes to corners in the nfl) even rolle but i think rolle is going to be the first corner taken in the draft and then you might see pac man slip, i hope the texans address there needs this draft, it's not the most talented draft but they could definately improve where they need improvement, i have much faith in casserly
AFD1717

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with not taking a LB in round 1. Peek has shown too much ability not to at least get a shot. They could better shore up the LBs by taking an ILB later on which will allow them to bounce Wong back and forth. ILBs come cheaper and last longer in the draft. In round 1, I think they get Cedric Benson if he is there and Troy Williamson if he isn't. If they are both gone, then get a CB like Carlos Rogers. In round 2 they get either a WR or CB depending on what they drafted in round 1, and in round 3 they can go BPA and get whatever guys slip like Chris Canty, Elton Brown, or Channing Crowder. I also really like Jovan Haye and Chris Colmer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: