Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

King James
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ShakeNbake2128


Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 3808
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: King James Reply with quote

Why does everyone keep comparing Lebron James to Michael Jordon? Come on its easy to see James is the next Magic Johnson. Great vison and amazing passing skills 2 years down the road James is going to be a threat for a triple double every night.

Oh by the way Magic Johnson was by far the better player between he and Jordan.
_________________


Charger-man thanks for the sweet sig and Scar for the avatar.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Big7BenMVP


Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 93783
Location: Camarillo, CA
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: King James Reply with quote

Brownsfan868031 wrote:
Why does everyone keep comparing Lebron James to Michael Jordon? Come on its easy to see James is the next Magic Johnson. Great vison and amazing passing skills 2 years down the road James is going to be a threat for a triple double every night.


People need to get off of his nuts. Stop the love fest people, seriously, it's getting old already. He does the same dunk every night, and it always makes SportsCenter. It's quite annoying. He plays on a crappy team that might not even make the Playoffs, which I hope they don't because I'd be even more in heaven with the Cavs, Lakers, and Knicks all not making the Playoffs. This way I wouldn't have to hear about LeBron, Kobe, or Steph. Only reason LeBron is as good as he is, is because he plays for a crappy team. If he played for the Spurs or the Pistons, or even the Miami Heat, I bet you that you wouldn't hear about him as much as you do. God, it's stupid. I hate the hype that he is still getting. When, and if, he ever wins a Championship, then he can be considered a great player. Especially if he took them there on his back, which he can't even take his team to the Playoffs, in the Eastern Conference.

Brownsfan868031 wrote:
Oh by the way Magic Johnson was by far the better player between he and Jordan.


Now that statement, is the truth. I always say that MJ is the greatest basketball player ever, and he is. Magic Johnson that is.
_________________

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Mossburg


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
Joined: 02 Jan 2005
Posts: 43742
Location: Straight Cash Inc. Headquarters
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Oh by the way Magic Johnson was by far the better player between he and Jordan.


1st of all, thats completely absurd. Magic was surronded by arguably the best cast in the history of the game. Jordan had Pippen and a bunch of role players. Magic was not much different than what Jason Kidd is today, only he was better. Once he retired people started to hype this crap out of him for what ever reason. He was nothing more than a play maker. Oh and lets not forget that Jordan is one of the best defenders to play the game.

James is probably a perfect mix of Mike and Magic. Magic wasnt a scorer Lebron is. Jordan didnt have great vision, Lebron does.
_________________
Equal Opportunity Hater

EFF YOUR FANTASY TEAM, I HOPE YOU LOSE

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
S. Taylor


Joined: 19 Mar 2005
Posts: 11294
Location: By the Lake
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lebron James is as good as he is because he's that good. He doesn't shine because his team is lacking talent. he shines because he's extremely talented. If he played for a serious contender... he'd be playing even better. He's a playmaker. If he had someone to really rely on, he'd definitely be a threat for a triple-double on any given night. He's a pass-first player, despite what many think. He creates shots for his teammates and is good defensively, as well. He plays the passing lane particularly well. The only flaw that I see in his game is that for his size... he needs to attack the basket more. He needs to study some tapes of Paul Pierce. That guy uses his size better than most.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
DaBrowns41


Joined: 04 Jan 2005
Posts: 22934
Location: Reynoldsburg, OH
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lebron is very very good.... to be 19 years old and the #3 leading scorer in the NBA shows that
_________________


This is called TRUTH!

Rest In Peace David, Renee and Joe (Crakburn)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
ShakeNbake2128


Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 3808
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: King James Reply with quote

Big7BenROY wrote:
Brownsfan868031 wrote:
Why does everyone keep comparing Lebron James to Michael Jordon? Come on its easy to see James is the next Magic Johnson. Great vison and amazing passing skills 2 years down the road James is going to be a threat for a triple double every night.


People need to get off of his nuts. Stop the love fest people, seriously, it's getting old already. He does the same dunk every night, and it always makes SportsCenter. It's quite annoying. He plays on a crappy team that might not even make the Playoffs, which I hope they don't because I'd be even more in heaven with the Cavs, Lakers, and Knicks all not making the Playoffs. This way I wouldn't have to hear about LeBron, Kobe, or Steph. Only reason LeBron is as good as he is, is because he plays for a crappy team. If he played for the Spurs or the Pistons, or even the Miami Heat, I bet you that you wouldn't hear about him as much as you do. God, it's stupid. I hate the hype that he is still getting. When, and if, he ever wins a Championship, then he can be considered a great player. Especially if he took them there on his back, which he can't even take his team to the Playoffs, in the Eastern Conference.

Brownsfan868031 wrote:
Oh by the way Magic Johnson was by far the better player between he and Jordan.


Now that statement, is the truth. I always say that MJ is the greatest basketball player ever, and he is. Magic Johnson that is.



I think someone is jelous he is from Ohio and not PA. Who care James can't take his team to the playoffs on his back no one in the NBA can except Shaq. Allen Iverson has missed the playoffs what two years in a row and right now they are below the cavs, Kevin Garnett is sitting the playoffs at home, The Great Kobe barley has the Lakers ahead of the Clippers! James has no one to play around him and in the NBA these days you need a better cast than what you needed 10 years ago because the talent as a whole in the league is alot better.
_________________


Charger-man thanks for the sweet sig and Scar for the avatar.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mossburg


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
Joined: 02 Jan 2005
Posts: 43742
Location: Straight Cash Inc. Headquarters
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Allen Iverson has missed the playoffs what two years in a row and right now they are below the cavs


Correction. He only missed last year and that was ONLY due to injury, the year before that he lost to Detroit in 6 games in the 2nd round (they were robbed in game 6 BTW). He missed a career high in games last year. AND as of today they are above the Cavs.

Iverson is the only guard I can remember besides Jordan who has carried his team to the Finals, or anywhere deep into the playoffs for that matter.
_________________
Equal Opportunity Hater

EFF YOUR FANTASY TEAM, I HOPE YOU LOSE

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShakeNbake2128


Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 3808
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
Quote:
Allen Iverson has missed the playoffs what two years in a row and right now they are below the cavs


Correction. He only missed last year and that was ONLY due to injury, the year before that he lost to Detroit in 6 games in the 2nd round (they were robbed in game 6 BTW). He missed a career high in games last year. AND as of today they are above the Cavs.

Iverson is the only guard I can remember besides Jordan who has carried his team to the Finals, or anywhere deep into the playoffs for that matter.


Iverson didn't carry his team to the Finals. They had plenty of talent and other scoring players on that team that year then they still only won a game in the finals. Philly still has the same record as Cleveland only ahead due to tie breaker but that is still not far to compare James and Iverson, Iverson has alot better players around him right now with Webber and Igudala(spelling)
_________________


Charger-man thanks for the sweet sig and Scar for the avatar.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Big7BenMVP


Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 93783
Location: Camarillo, CA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brownsfan868031 wrote:
Iverson didn't carry his team to the Finals. They had plenty of talent and other scoring players on that team that year then they still only won a game in the finals.


Tyrone Hill, Jumaine Jones, Dikembe Mutombo, and Aaron McKie were the other starters along with Allen Iverson. Coming off the bench they had... Eric Snow, Raja Bell, Matt Geiger, Todd MacCulloch, Kevin Ollie, George Lynch, and Rodney Buford. That's the NBA Finals roster that they had in 2001 against the Lakers. Hardly close to what the Cavaliers have now considering the Cavs have both Drew Gooden and Zydrunas Ilgauskas. Not to mention the same Eric Snow that was with the 76ers. They also have Jeff McInnis, who is fairly good. So to say that the Philadelphia 76ers team that Allen Iverson took the finals had "plenty of talent" is a little bit too far-fetched.
_________________

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ShakeNbake2128


Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 3808
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mutombo is alot better than Z and Eric Snow's game is not the same as it was 5 years ago. oh yeah Gooden is worthless about the dumbest move we've made since the Andre Miller deal.
_________________


Charger-man thanks for the sweet sig and Scar for the avatar.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Big7BenMVP


Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 93783
Location: Camarillo, CA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brownsfan868031 wrote:
Gooden is worthless


I wouldn't go as far as saying he's downright worthless. Drew Gooden:

Ranks #12 in the NBA in Rebounds Per Game(9.3)
Ranks #12 in the NBA in Defensive Rebounds Per Game(6.8)
Ranks #8 in the NBA in Double-doubles(37.0)
Ranks #16 in the NBA in Rebounds Per 48 Minutes(14.3)
Ranks #6 in the NBA in Defensive Rebounds(530.0)
Ranks #12 in the NBA in Total Rebounds(727.0)
Ranks #14 in the NBA in Defensive Rebounds Per 48 Minutes(10.4)
Ranks #13 in the NBA in Efficiency Ranking Per 48 Minutes(29.83)

So I wouldn't go as far as saying he's worthless. Carlos Boozer only ranks #10 in the NBA in Field-Goal Percentage(0.521). That's it. Looks like Gooden is doing his job better then Boozer. Besides, Drew Gooden is putting up career numbers in his first season in Cleveland. 14.8 points, 9.3 rebounds, .99 steals, and .95 blocks per game this season. Not to mention his 80.5 FT%, 50.1 FG%, and 31.3 Minutes Per Game this year. I'd say he's doing just fine.
_________________

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
DaBrowns41


Joined: 04 Jan 2005
Posts: 22934
Location: Reynoldsburg, OH
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gooden is not worthless.. what kind of Cleveland fan are you?
_________________


This is called TRUTH!

Rest In Peace David, Renee and Joe (Crakburn)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Mossburg


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
Joined: 02 Jan 2005
Posts: 43742
Location: Straight Cash Inc. Headquarters
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Iverson didn't carry his team to the Finals. They had plenty of talent and other scoring players on that team that year then they still only won a game in the finals. Philly still has the same record as Cleveland only ahead due to tie breaker but that is still not far to compare James and Iverson, Iverson has alot better players around him right now with Webber and Igudala(spelling)


Thank you Big Ben for saving me some time explaining this.

Right now Philly has an incredibly young team, who is very inconsistent. Webber? Please. Have you seen any Sixer games lately? He basically thinks hes Reggie Miller, minus the made shots. Hes so soft, you'll spot him in the paint 3 times per game on average. He has pretty much no lift too.

One thing Philly has really struggled with is defense this year. They were always known as a defensive team who struggled on offense often. This year Jim O'Brien (who is a defensive minded coach) has done wonders for the offense, but the team being so young hads yet to grasp his defensive tactics. That is the main problem.

Cleveland right now is just a terrible terrible team. See last nights loss to NY. They built a lot of hype and confidence early on by feasting on crappy teams, then once they started to run into more solid teams, down went their confidence along with their record.
_________________
Equal Opportunity Hater

EFF YOUR FANTASY TEAM, I HOPE YOU LOSE

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
truebrownsfan


Joined: 02 Mar 2005
Posts: 1294
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the simple fact is we have lebron and not much else...z puts up all his numbers against the teams with no center i like gooden as a role player...can you say horace grant?...other than that we have nothing. jeff mac is crap,snow stinks,diop,newble,scott williams,wagner,welsch...all crap...we have some young guys who may turn into players but they aren't there yet varejo,pavlovich and jackson may end up as good players but it'll probably be 2 years for each to develop varejo and pavlovich are both 20 years old and jackson missed the entire year witha back injury...so right now we have 1 great player and 1 good role player(gooden)and z(overrated)lebron is doing all he can but there just isn't enough talent around him right now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShakeNbake2128


Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 3808
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wait until we get a real post player inside with James then everyone will see just how overrated Z is and how worthless Gooden is. The only reason he seems half way decent is because he has James and there is no one else on the team for him to contend with.
_________________


Charger-man thanks for the sweet sig and Scar for the avatar.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group