Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FAVRE'S LAST 44 STARTS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZZSPIRAL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: FAVRE'S LAST 44 STARTS Reply with quote

How can anyone think he's a good QB? Hell I guess Jake Plummer is a great QB too?

Incidentals:
1. He plays in a west coast offense. It's a short passing game and calls for high QB ratings.

2. He is surrounded by talent. The offensive line is one of the best in the league

3. The receivers and TE's are some of the best in the game. And the RB is one of the best in the NFL.

4. He plays in what is consistently one of if not the weakest division in the game.

24 of 43 for 296 yards. 2 TD. 3 INTís. No fumbles.
Evaluation: Bad game

20 of 38 for 196 yards. 1 TD. 4 INTís. No fumbles.

24 of 42 for 221 yards. 2 TD. 1 INT.. No fumbles.
Evaluation: Fair game

22 of 32 for 214 yards. 2 TD. 1 INT.. No fumbles.

25 of 33 for 201 yards. 1 TD. No INTís. 1 fumble.

15 of 33 for 114 yards. 1 TD. 2 INTís. 1 fumble.

16 of 33 for 172 yards. 1 TD. 1 INT.. No fumbles.

20 of 42 for 247 yards. 1 TD. 2 INTís. 1 fumble.
Playoff game. 1st pass ticked off.

25 of 41 for 248 yards. 1 TD. 4 INTís. No fumbles.

15 of 28 for 132 yards. 2 TD. 1 INT.. No fumbles.

23 of 33 for 245 yards. 1 TD. 1 INT.. No fumbles.
Threw INT. in end zone at crunch time and lost game.

21 of 29 for 179 yards. 3 TD. 1 INT.. No fumbles.
Evaluation: Good game

19 of 25 for 185 yards. 2 TD. No INTís. No fumbles.

25 of 36 for 272 yards. 2 TD. 1 INT.. No fumbles.
Had the lead but his INT. led to a loss

23 of 32 for 268 yards. 2 TD. 1 INT.. No fumbles.

18 of 28 for 194 yards. 3 TD. 1 INT.. No fumbles.

14 of 22 for 109 yards. 1 TD. 1 INT.. 2 fumbles.

13 of 28 for 92 yards. 1 TD. 1 INT.. No fumbles.

10 of 15 for 138 yards. 2 TD. 3 INTís. No fumbles.

23 of 37 for 296 yards. 2 TD. 3 INTís. No fumbles.
Played well in the 1st half, but threw the game away in the 2nd with 3 int.

22 of 33 for 210 yards. 1 TD. 1 INT.. No fumbles.
Threw INT. for a TD

23 of 33 for 278 yards. 4 TD. 1 INT.. No fumbles.

22 of 21 for 399 yards. 4 TD. No INTís. No fumbles.

12 of 21 for 116 yards. 1 TD. 1 INT.. No fumbles.
The only TD went through the arms of defender in the end zone VS the 2nd string defense. Receiver made the play.

16 of 38 for 319 yards. 1 TD. No INTís. No fumbles.

15 of 28 for 180 yards. 2 TD. 1 INT.. No fumbles.
Playoff game. Played well until game went into overtime. QB threw a HAIL MARY at 1st and ten in an OT game. The lob missed the intended receiver by 20 yards and was picked off leading to a loss.

15 of 22 for 127 yards. 1 TD. No INTís. No fumbles.

24 of 42 for 127 yards. 1 TD. 2 INTís. No fumbles.

30 of 44 for 360 yards. 4 TD. No INTís. No fumbles

12 of 18 for 110 yards. 1 TD. 1 INT. No fumbles

24 of 44 for 338 yards. 2 TD. 3 INT. No fumbles

25 of 38 for 257 yards. 2 TD. 0 INT. No fumbles

23 of 29 for 258 yards. 2 TD. 0 INT. No fumbles

20 of 32 for 289 yards. 1 TD. 3 INT. No fumbles

20 of 29 for 236 yards. 4 TD. 0 INT. No fumbles
Evaluation: Good Game

33 of 50 for 383 yards. 1 TD. 2 INT. No fumbles
Evaluation: Fair Game

18 of 27 for 215 yards. 3 TD. 0 INT. No fumbles

18 of 27 for 215 yards. 3 TD. 0 INT. No fumbles

14 of 29 for 131 yards. 0 TD. 2 INT. No fumbles
Evaluation: Bad Game

19 of 36 for 188 yards. 1 TD. 0 INT. No Fumbles
Evaluation: Fair Game

30 of 44 for 367 yards. 2 TD. 3 INT. 1 Fumble

30 of 43 for 365 yards 3 TD. 1 INT. No fumbles

9 of 13 for 196 yards 2 TD. 0 INT. No fumbles

22 of 33 for 216 yards 1 TD. 4 INT. No fumbles
At home in the playoffs VS the 28th ranked pass defense.

Good Games: 15. And not a single one against so much as an average defense
Fair Games: 8 And not a single one against so much as an average defense
Bad Games: 21 Against good defenses, and even bad defenses.
MultiSync

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea he is proly the worst QB to ever win 3 mvps oh wait hes the only one to win 3 strait durrr next time you think about posting something just dont waste your time or ours
ZZSPIRAL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: 3 MVP's Reply with quote

Favre's not the only player to win 3 popularity contests. And really Favre shouldn't have won his 3rd anyways.

But really who cares? Just because you win a MVP award nearly a decade ago doesn't make you a good QB now does it?
thesaxman727

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I could go on all day as to how stupid this post is. Here are just a few arguements...

1. Only 3 time MVP.
2. His recievers are far from the best in the league. He makes his WR's good.
3. I guess the fact that he throws for 3500+ yards and 25+ TD's a year is just a fluke.
4. This guy makes throws no one else can...period.
5. Even at the age of 35, he could still start for 90% of the teams in this league.

I can't believe I even wasted my time typing this because true football fans (including Vikings, Lions and Bears fans) see him as one of the best to ever play the game.
ZZSPIRAL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: LOL Reply with quote

1. Only 3 time MVP.

a. Who cares what happened a decade ago?
b. Really Favre should not have won the 3rd. It belonged to Barry Sanders alone.
c. Cunningham, Unitas, Brown won 3 major MVP awards also

2. His recievers are far from the best in the league. He makes his WR's good.

a. Not the best, just the top 3. Colts, Rams, Packers.

3. I guess the fact that he throws for 3500+ yards and 25+ TD's a year is just a fluke.

a. No fluke. He stacks numbers VS horrible defenses and plays badly the rest of the time. And anymore, he plays badly VS the worst defenses too.

4. This guy makes throws no one else can...period.

a. Really? Name one.

5. Even at the age of 35, he could still start for 90% of the teams in this league.

He could? But who would want him too? There's no more then a half dozen teams that would really want him as a starter. And that would strictly be to sell tickets.
Halfback007

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this that same moron, who all he could do is talk about Brett Favre.
Man, I know he is one of the greatest of all time, but get out of your house and do something else.

That is also why the Packers are the winningest team since 4 began playing for them.

Last edited by Halfback007 on Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
msmre

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would we even bother replying? Really lets talk about what matters...

[b]In the last 4 years[/b]
Wins and Losses -- 44 - 20. Winning Pct. .688
Division Championships -- 3

That is all that is needed to be said.
byzr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you forgot one majore stat in all you analysis. did they win or lose? over the last 44 games i know that they have a winning record. he's thrown more TD's than INT's, and he's won more games than lost. sure the guy throws INT's but that's because he believes in his recievers, which makes them as good as they are, and himself that much and it's paid off. the only (current) QB i would even consider having in the green and gold would be Manning and he doesn't have the cannon that Favre has, even now at 35.

you're obviously a bitter NFC north fan/rival. who's your team the queens? they seem to be in the GB forum alot talking bs.

would you rather have a QB who'll throw a couple INT's and still win games or would you rather have a QB who throws cautious completions all the time and doesn't win as often?

tell you what go back figure out which games we won and lost with all your stats then think about whether or not you won't to post it, alright?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE how people say he racks up numbers against bad D's then chokes against good teams, yet his numbers are better than anybody elses, so ACCORDING TO ZZ.....ONLY Brett plays against bad D's. Culpepper and McNabb and Manning must only play against better D's than Brett since they don't have the same numbers as he does. (McNabb must have just played the Ravens, Pitt and Patriots in 2003!)

What a dumb comment. Mad
ZZSPIRAL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Favre Reply with quote

1. A win is the result of a team effort. I've seen the Packers win when Favre threw 1 TD, 1 interception, 13 of 28 for 92 yards.

NOW IN RESPONSE TO THIS:

"I LOVE how people say he racks up numbers against bad D's then chokes against good teams, yet his numbers are better than anybody elses, so ACCORDING TO ZZ.....ONLY Brett plays against bad D's. Culpepper and McNabb and Manning must only play against better D's than Brett since they don't have the same numbers as he does. (McNabb must have just played the Ravens, Pitt and Patriots in 2003!)"

..............................The difference between Favre and the better QB's in the NFL is obvious. Favre plays inconsistant football. He NEVER plays well VS so much as an average defense while your better QB's generally play well each and every game. In the past Favre would at least play well VS horrible defenses but he doesn't even do that on a reagular basis. Want 2 examples? sure you do.

1. VS the Titans. Favre was awful. Titans defense was one of the worst in football. If you didn't know Favre, you'd have thought he was making his 1st start.

2. VS the Vikings. Here's the 8-8 Vikings in the playoffs. They had lost 7 of their last 10 starts and featured a pass defense ranked 28th in the league. Favre was not only bad, but he was bad VS a bad defense. That's not even concievable. Name another QB that would play horrible under the same scenario. If there was one they'd probably never step on the field again. Yet Favre continues.
Halfback007

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Spiral (aka. Guru),

No doubt about it that Favre is going to the Hall of Fame.
No doubt about it that Packers had one of the younger defenses in the NFL.

If you were down 7 and you know your defense can't win the game, you will go to the Al Davis approach. Throw the Ball up and Try to make things happen.

With Ferguson out of the game, Sharper with a hurt knee, and a rookie Center are not that great.

Why not try to say positive things about Favre, Like the consecutive games started, or consecutive 20 td seasons.
ZZSPIRAL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Calling your bluff Reply with quote

Hey Spiral (aka. Guru),

No doubt about it that Favre is going to the Hall of Fame.
No doubt about it that Packers had one of the younger defenses in the NFL.

If you were down 7 and you know your defense can't win the game, you will go to the Al Davis approach. Throw the Ball up and Try to make things happen.

1. THAT'S NOT WHAT FAVRE SAYS. HE SAYS METHODICALLY MOVE THE CHAINS. THERE'S WHAT AL DAVIS SAYS. THERE'S WHAT FAVRE SAYS. THEN THERE'S WHAT FAVRE DOES.

2. OFTEN FAVRE THROWS INTERCEPTIONS WHILE THE PACKERS ARE IN THE GAME NOT BEHIND.

hinzvikes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duxrule wrote:
I LOVE how people say he racks up numbers against bad D's then chokes against good teams, yet his numbers are better than anybody elses, so ACCORDING TO ZZ.....ONLY Brett plays against bad D's. Culpepper and McNabb and Manning must only play against better D's than Brett since they don't have the same numbers as he does. (McNabb must have just played the Ravens, Pitt and Patriots in 2003!)

What a dumb comment. Mad

I agree with all of you that Brett is a great QB I am saying this as a vikings fan. He is a first ballot hall of famer and one of the all time greats. But c'mon guys his career is coming to an end and his numbers are getting worse. And to this post above look at the numbers from last year and tell me that Brett has better stats then Culpepper, McNabb, and Manning, seriously how can you say this.
Halfback007

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Hard as I hate to say this, Manning and Culpepper both had better seasons than Favre.
byzr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah they posted better seasons but that doesn't mean that they are better QB's neither of them did last year but i bet you, ZZ and hinz, guys wouldn't have said they are at the end of their career. i mean can you really argue that he's headed downhill after the season he had last year? 30 TD's and 4000 yards aint bad by any standards. i don't think there is a valid argument there. if you want to say he's old, then hell say it all day long just don't say that he's becoming a bad QB cause that's just wrong.

no body cares how inconsistant he is as long as the teams winning, the team i said not him. when he's on the team there is a 75% better chance for us to win a game. especially with Green, Walker, Driver, Franks, and the beightol o-line.

no doubt Culpepper had a great season last year. that's unarguable the stats speak for themselves, i'd of given him the MVP if Peyton hadn't been a TD machine but Brett was right there with em. Pack is a ball control , unless necessary, football team. they like to beat teams down with the run and dump it off on the screens. i'm not trying to make excuses that's just the way they're playing football now. the Vikes are a vertical team, maybe not anymore, and who the F*(& would blame them with Moss and Culpeppers cannon for an arm as well are the colts and manning.

i could care less if someone wants to gloat about Culpepper throwing more TD's but when someone says that Brett is starting to become a mediocre or middle of the road, or less, QB that's just wrong.........

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: