Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade for Gardner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Where'sRaymont?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Trade for Gardner Reply with quote

Hey Skins' fans, is the organization really planning on trading Rod Gardner? As a Bears fan we could really use him. How about R.W. Mcquarters (who could fill the spot Smoot left open) and our fifth rounder for Gardner? Or you guys and/or gals could propose something else?
redskins4life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, your 2nd or 3rd rounder if you have one. Not really interested in R.W..
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No interest in R.W. McQuarters? Hmm... I think he's decent. I'd prefer to start him over Walt Harris and if I'm not mistaken, he can return punts as well. I still hope they can get atleast a third round pick for Gardner though. A second is preferred, but I doubt anyone would give up a second rounder for him. Otherwise... keep him. No one really acts as if that's an option, but he did make some big catches last year. He's not THAT bad. Maybe... move him to tight end?
sootedpair

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Trade for Gardner Reply with quote

Where'sRaymont? wrote:
Hey Skins' fans, is the organization really planning on trading Rod Gardner? As a Bears fan we could really use him. How about R.W. Mcquarters (who could fill the spot Smoot left open) and our fifth rounder for Gardner? Or you guys and/or gals could propose something else?

Have you heard a rumor of that trade anywhere? I haven't.

I don't know much about Mcquarters, but I assume that you don't want him on the Bears roster. Why don't you want him, and could that be a reason why the Skins wouldn't want him?
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe... Good question. I remember when the Redskins played the Bears and I can remember McQuarters being solid. Of course, that's just one game. I can honestly say that I don't keep up with any Bears players throughout the season. All I know is... I'm still bitter about Urlacher's cheap face-mask penalty on Portis.
Where'sRaymont?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McQuarter's is still a good player, we just have better corners in Azumah and Tillman. R-Dub is easily starting quality in the NFL, and he is one of the most dynamite punt returners in the league. Just thought the trade would benefit us both.
redskins4life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I rather force Gardner to play WR for the Skins if we can't get a 2nd rounder for him. Goddamnit, we spend a 1st rounder for him, and I think he could still play. I don't give a [inappropriate/removed] if he wants to be out, but he'll play or Dan da man will send him a big flat screen.
mr.knowitall

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McQuarters and a 4th for Gardener? Sounds pretty even and a trade worth making.
riggensghost

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I would love to force Gardner to play giving us some size and speed, he counts 2mill plus against the cap and we are completely out of room. He will be traded on draft day and then we will see another round of cap cuts on the team staerting with Chad Morton. The guy is only on the team as a returner and we are deep there now.

If we can't get better than a third for gardner which I dont think we will, I dont mind the McQ trade depending on what his price tag is. We could always use the depth to help develop G.Wilds
TrueRedskin05

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would like to see us give rod and our 9th for RW and ur fifth what do u think
seahawks8228

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gardner -- 4 -- KoRo (Koren Robinson)?????
REDSKINS - S. Taylor & CP & S. Moss
ALL DOMINATE!!!
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Gardner will be traded for merely a third round pick come draft day. I'm just trying to be realistic. I doubt that the Redskins are gonna do any player for player swaps.
Where'sRaymont?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Edge and Alexander are only worth second rounders, then there is no way Gardner would command such a high price tag. RW and our fourth rounder (106) seems like an even trade to me. A starting corner, and a high fourth seems like third round value to me.
sootedpair

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where'sRaymont? wrote:
If Edge and Alexander are only worth second rounders, then there is no way Gardner would command such a high price tag. RW and our fourth rounder (106) seems like an even trade to me. A starting corner, and a high fourth seems like third round value to me.

If Edge and Alexander were under contract for a few years you could get a 1st round pick for them easily. The team the gets them has to put out a ton of money too, that's why the pick is lower.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: