Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official St. Louis Blues Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HockeyManiac1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Official St. Louis Blues Thread Reply with quote

Hoping to get a decent amount of activity in this thread, would rather not talk to myself all the time. i'll slowly start to decorate the OP.

the boys are on fire the last six games, especially considering Oshie & Stastny have been out. Sounds like Stastny could be back any game now, but there hasn't been to much on Oshie, hope he takes his time and comes back on his own terms.

GO BLUES!

#RIPOscar

Last edited by HockeyManiac1 on Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are playing really well right now. But everyone kind of figured they'd have a good season. I'll judge this team off of how they do in the postseason. We have the team to win it allthat's for sure.

3 things that concern me right now though..

1. Defense. We have a lot of offensive minded D-men and Jackman is regressing this year. Has me concerned for the playoffs.

2. Goaltending. Elliott has looked solid, but can he win the 1-0; 2-1 games that we'll see in the playoffs?

3. Reaves. I know kind of ridiculous, but He needs to step up his game. Early on I see a couple of our guys receiving cheap shots. Same as last year versus Chicago in the playoffs. When Reaves sees an oshie or backes or Tarasenko take a shot by the opposing team, I want him to act like an animal.

Great to see Tarasenko taking his game to the next level. I know it's dumb but I have a few friends who don't follow the blues because they have no superstars. I think that's how a lot of people are in st Louis. So hopefully the emergence of Vladdy will draw people to the Arena, because this team is a treat to watch.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I'm tired of having great regular seasons then going up 2-0 in the first round and getting knocked out in the first round because we can't hit the damn net and make other goalies look like the greatest goalies of all time.

1. I know that has been a major concern from people in St. Louis about getting pushed around more with Polak gone. I get the concern, but I guess we'll have to wait and see when the playoffs roll around.

2. Elliott has played great this year, especially during the Rangers game. It could have easily been 3 or 4 to nothing, but he kept us in it and made some great saves throughout that game.

3. I agree, I wish he would fight more and throw his body around more, especially when our top guys get hit pretty cheap (IMO) like the Backes & Oshie hits in the Stars game. That's what you pay him for, to show you can't mess with our guys, but he doesn't. I'm not sure if that is him playing like that or the coaching staff telling him to play like that.

I know I laugh when I hear people say they don't have that elite player or anything, but Tarasenko is starting to climb into that stage. Plus it just feels like every time he has the puck, something is going to happen. He had two great chances besides his goal the other night against the Devils that I thought he was going to score.

Our offense needs to pick it up though and take some pressure off our goalies. PK is struggling as well too.

Hopefully we can extend the streak to seven games tomorrow against the Devils.

#RIPOscar
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ARHr9r0csI

Awesome

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake Allen is atop the leader board for GAA and Save Percentage...

IDOG_det on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
Jake Allen is atop the leader board for GAA and Save Percentage...

Yeah he's a stud. I would like to see a 50/50 split with him and Elliott. It's definitely a great problem to have. I think as the season progresses we'll see Allen as our #1 Goalie and the one we go with in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul Stastny will be back in the lineup tonight...

Dancing

IDOG_det on the sig...
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ARHr9r0csI

Awesome

This is video of that goal if anyone missed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyRGH7HDs7s

Amazing effort by him and he is only 22 years old. Not even in his prime yet.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For quite some time I have felt that the Blues played too conservatively. It's been great for the goaltenders that have come and gone, but is this the year they open it up little bit? Has anyone noticed any difference lately?

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
Paul Stastny will be back in the lineup tonight...

Dancing

I saw that, awesome news. Now hopefully we get Oshie back soon. What would your guys' perfect lines be?

mine might be...

Steen-Stastny-Backes
Schwartz-Lehtera-Tarasenko
Lindstrom-Berglund-Oshie
Ott-Lapierre-Reaves

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
For quite some time I have felt that the Blues played too conservatively. It's been great for the goaltenders that have come and gone, but is this the year they open it up little bit? Has anyone noticed any difference lately?

Do you mean on defense or offense? I was frustrated last year in the playoffs when Toews and Kane would seem to have a ton of open ice to do whatever they wanted and our D would just keep backing up. Hitchcock has implemented a more aggressive style of defense this year. It's very similar to the Kings style (Where Hitch adapted it from) and how they just press teams and smother them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well last 3 minutes was kinda scary , but 7 in a row!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:

Do you mean on defense or offense? I was frustrated last year in the playoffs when Toews and Kane would seem to have a ton of open ice to do whatever they wanted and our D would just keep backing up. Hitchcock has implemented a more aggressive style of defense this year. It's very similar to the Kings style (Where Hitch adapted it from) and how they just press teams and smother them.

As we both know, defense and offense work in conjunction; I meant that our play style was more defensive oriented than offensive.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:

As we both know, defense and offense work in conjunction; I meant that our play style was more defensive oriented than offensive.

That's the way Hitch likes to play. He loves to get a lead and then squeeze the life out of the other team defensively. Been doing it for years...

I do think the addition of Lehtera and Lindstrom from Europe are helping with play "opening" up...

IDOG_det on the sig...
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lehtera is a stud. Already better than Berglund.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: