Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pro Wrestling XXVI - Whoa!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: Pro Wrestling XXVI - Whoa! Reply with quote

Trying to keep a spoiler out of the title for those who said they would miss the PPV.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was an excellent PPV

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:

I was disappointed in the Bray vs Ambrose match and I had high hopes for it. I thought it would be 4-5 star level match. I felt like the ending left alot to be desired. Seemed like more of a preview of TLC coming up then actually trying to build the feud.

"A lion roars in the darkness only he holds the key, a light to free me from my burden and grant me life eternally"
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:

I was disappointed in the Bray vs Ambrose match and I had high hopes for it. I thought it would be 4-5 star level match. I felt like the ending left alot to be desired. Seemed like more of a preview of TLC coming up then actually trying to build the feud.

Then I'd argue that you shouldn't be disappointed. You go ask those guys in back whether they base their success off of having a "certain star level" match or putting on a match that's going to draw people to watch (i.e. tune in to watch the next month of their feud and influence them to buying the TLC PPV) their next match, I guarantee you they'll say the later.

Dave Meltzer has contributed to ruining wrestling fans by introducing this whole ratings system - because he basically ignores the single most important thing in the industry that a match is supposed to achieve: Does it grab your attention, keep it, and leave you wanting more?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So they FINALLY give Ziggler his star push and Vince's return and two guys who combine to be 100 years old are going to be the focus going forward. I hate you WWE.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a match with John Cena, with most of the future of the E and with Triple H at ringside, Dolph Ziggler was the sole survivor after being down 3 to 1. I'm more stunned by that than by Sting to be honest.
Chris Lance

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bray vs Ambrose was pretty disappointing, but clearly they'll be feuding for awhile.

Old or not Sting in WWE was a long time coming.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:

Then I'd argue that you shouldn't be disappointed. You go ask those guys in back whether they base their success off of having a "certain star level" match or putting on a match that's going to draw people to watch (i.e. tune in to watch the next month of their feud and influence them to buying the TLC PPV) their next match, I guarantee you they'll say the later.

Dave Meltzer has contributed to ruining wrestling fans by introducing this whole ratings system - because he basically ignores the single most important thing in the industry that a match is supposed to achieve: Does it grab your attention, keep it, and leave you wanting more?

Yea good point. I just felt like there was alot of hype going into that match like it was going to be mind blowing. Articles on Bleacher Report speculating about how great the match was going to be and whatnot. I thought maybe they would break the mold a little and give us a 4-5 star match to open the feud, rather then to end. Silly me.
I felt it fell into that same old story we've seen with Bray... "Here Dean... take this chair and bash my head in....become the monster" that we saw him try on Cena. Which obviously doesn't work on Dean because his whole character is predicated on not caring about the consequences of his actions. "So what if I get disqualified I'm gonna bash this dudes face in with this here chair". Just didn't seem to make sense for Bray to take that approach.

"A lion roars in the darkness only he holds the key, a light to free me from my burden and grant me life eternally"
pollino14

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well done PPV. Couldn't be happier, hopefully they keep it up

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell I thought Cena tried to steal Ziggler's shine more than Sting at the end.

simonwayne wrote:

#JDI
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I get that Show was the person to turn, but it honestly makes a mess of the Show/Henry dynamic. Also what was the purpose of Rowan?

simonwayne wrote:

#JDI
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
Also what was the purpose of Rowan?
I ask the same question most of the time he's in the ring.

- Best since day one -
- Gus Bradley
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So at some point in the future, Trips and Steph are going to actually take over. How do they do it now? Will this Cena storyline be forgotten by then the way the board taking over for Vince was forgotten? Will Cena turn heel? Will Trips be the face that needs to save the company?

- Best since day one -
- Gus Bradley
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
So at some point in the future, Trips and Steph are going to actually take over. How do they do it now? Will this Cena storyline be forgotten by then the way the board taking over for Vince was forgotten? Will Cena turn heel? Will Trips be the face that needs to save the company?

BWCVUSE NOW WE GET A CENA HEEL TRURN

#JDI
stl4life07

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was stunned to see Sting come out. I thought Orton would show up and screw Rollins and the Authority and help Dolph win. I never thought Sting would show up. I thought maybe he would show up at the Rumble or WM but not Survivor Series. I cant wait to see what happens tonight on Raw.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: