Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pro Wrestling XXV : BAH GOD!! IT'S THE GREAT ONE!!!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Pro Wrestling XXV : BAH GOD!! IT'S THE GREAT ONE!!!!! Reply with quote

Last one was closing in on the century mark. Continue all amazing wrestling discussion here.

Start with KENTA coming to WWE Cool

Last edited by steelcurtain29 on Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Pro Wrestling XXV : FootballsFuture; We're Here Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
Last one was closing in on the century mark. Continue all amazing wrestling discussion here.

But it didn't get there! Boooooo this man ^^^^

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Pro Wrestling XXV : FootballsFuture; We're Here Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:

I would... but I just found you on Twitter, so I'm too busy restlessly hitting refresh waiting for you to post something witty.

wackywabbit wrote:
Playing center for the Chargers is like teaching DADA at Hogwarts.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont get the hubbub about KENTA. I didnt follow him in Japan, but the matches I saw were fairly dull. Maybe Im watching the wrong youtube vids. Does he speak English?

Sigs-Taking Requests
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
I dont get the hubbub about KENTA. I didnt follow him in Japan, but the matches I saw were fairly dull. Maybe Im watching the wrong youtube vids. Does he speak English?

I'm probably coming in with a bit more measured expectation of KENTA than most are. He does speak and can promo in English, but this is more a case of Vince trying to hit another demographic that they haven't really had a regular draw in for a while. (Yoshi Tatsu is barely even getting regular minutes on NXT. Sadly, the greatness that was Funaki is no more. Khali is an irregular contributor at best.) He might get a TT or IC title short run somewhere in his contract with the company, but he's largely being brought in to be a quality worker who can work the mid-card, be a quality worker thrown into matches like MITB, Elimination Chamber (if they do two chamber matches, which is doubtful), and who can draw the Asian market.

Vince doesn't tend to reference things that happened outside of E-land (very rarely do you see him allow any "other wrestling companies" to be acknowledged; yet to see how Trips feels on the matter), so it's doubtful we're going to see KENTA carry over past feuds from Japan with DB or call out Punk (assuming Punk ever returns) for jacking his move.

Ultimately I won't be surprised if KENTA's run in the E ends up being largely disappointing to the fans he brings in with him because he's likely just going to fill the Yoshi Tatsu/Tajiri/Taka Michinoku/Hakushi spot on the roster and be given a very stereotypical gimmick. Ultimately, he won't be given the liberty with character to be the No Mercy (stable) KENTA that he's been in Japan and, despite the smaller-than-they-think-they-are IWC segment, in-ring ability alone isn't enough to get you over when you're character is otherwise vanilla (see Del Rio, Alberto).

wackywabbit wrote:
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Pro Wrestling XXV : FootballsFuture; We're Here Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:

I would... but I just found you on Twitter, so I'm too busy restlessly hitting refresh waiting for you to post something witty.

hit twitter sucks. Once you get his instagram though... LOOK OUT

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Sting and Flair today, huh?

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This the go home show or do we have one more week

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
So Sting and Flair today, huh?

soon

#JDI
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:

this is the go home show

#JDI
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:

this is the go home show

Gone by so quick, didn't even notice the build

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:

this is the go home show

Gone by so quick, didn't even notice the build

that's what happens when there is only ~3 weeks in between the special events

#JDI
Saosin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:

I'm probably coming in with a bit more measured expectation of KENTA than most are. He does speak and can promo in English, but this is more a case of Vince trying to hit another demographic that they haven't really had a regular draw in for a while. (Yoshi Tatsu is barely even getting regular minutes on NXT. Sadly, the greatness that was Funaki is no more. Khali is an irregular contributor at best.) He might get a TT or IC title short run somewhere in his contract with the company, but he's largely being brought in to be a quality worker who can work the mid-card, be a quality worker thrown into matches like MITB, Elimination Chamber (if they do two chamber matches, which is doubtful), and who can draw the Asian market.

Vince doesn't tend to reference things that happened outside of E-land (very rarely do you see him allow any "other wrestling companies" to be acknowledged; yet to see how Trips feels on the matter), so it's doubtful we're going to see KENTA carry over past feuds from Japan with DB or call out Punk (assuming Punk ever returns) for jacking his move.

Ultimately I won't be surprised if KENTA's run in the E ends up being largely disappointing to the fans he brings in with him because he's likely just going to fill the Yoshi Tatsu/Tajiri/Taka Michinoku/Hakushi spot on the roster and be given a very stereotypical gimmick. Ultimately, he won't be given the liberty with character to be the No Mercy (stable) KENTA that he's been in Japan and, despite the smaller-than-they-think-they-are IWC segment, in-ring ability alone isn't enough to get you over when you're character is otherwise vanilla (see Del Rio, Alberto).

Not to knock Yoshi Tatsu, Tajiri, Taka Michinoku or Hakushi but they never were the star that KENTA is currently in Japan. Neither of them have been considered an "Ace". You dont have Hogan and Jimmy Hart signing Tajiri or Taka to a contract. I know that hogan being there is probably to draw fans for the E. but we need to also remember that WWE is top 2 for wrestling programs in Japan currently and they want to be number 1. Most promotions in Japan are not on TV. I believe that only NJPW and Dragon Gate currently have some kind of TV deal. So getting KENTA in the fold is part of the global strategy to take over.

As much as I would love to see KENTA win it all I doubt that he gets higher then the IC title. Luckily Kenta is fluent in English if I remember correctly which will help him in the long run. I would have to saw if WWE pushing KENTA as himself and does not change his name and talks up his accolades I think he will go far.

If anyone has a chance to watch some Early Kenta vs Kenta Kobashi I highly suggest you do. This should show what KENTA can do in the ring.

Kenta vs Kenta Kobashi
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saosin wrote:
The LBC wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:

Not to knock Yoshi Tatsu, Tajiri, Taka Michinoku or Hakushi but they never were the star that KENTA is currently in Japan. Neither of them have been considered an "Ace". You dont have Hogan and Jimmy Hart signing Tajiri or Taka to a contract. I know that hogan being there is probably to draw fans for the E. but we need to also remember that WWE is top 2 for wrestling programs in Japan currently and they want to be number 1. Most promotions in Japan are not on TV. I believe that only NJPW and Dragon Gate currently have some kind of TV deal. So getting KENTA in the fold is part of the global strategy to take over.

As much as I would love to see KENTA win it all I doubt that he gets higher then the IC title. Luckily Kenta is fluent in English if I remember correctly which will help him in the long run. I would have to saw if WWE pushing KENTA as himself and does not change his name and talks up his accolades I think he will go far.

If anyone has a chance to watch some Early Kenta vs Kenta Kobashi I highly suggest you do. This should show what KENTA can do in the ring.

Kenta vs Kenta Kobashi

My post wasn't a knock on KENTA's abilities as much as a realistic acknowledgement of the rampant xenophobia of that is entrenched in the E so long as Vince is the puppetmaster.

Simple fact of the matter is though, the staunch majority of the WWE audience has no clue who KENTA is; his promos in English aren't strong enough (not to mention there's little faith on my end that the writers are going to give him anything massive to work with) to get him over with that majority of the audience; and even Jericho will tell you that ringwork alone won't get you over with the crowds and draw butts through the gates.

I'm a big KENTA fan. I'm just realistic about what his tenure in the E is likely to be based upon what history suggests it will be.

wackywabbit wrote:
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey look! Cena's got a new shirt!

wackywabbit wrote:

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 1 of 99

Jump to: