Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Biggest robbery in sports ?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Biggest robbery in sports ? Reply with quote

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cJYBV9BXQNY

IMO this is one if the biggest robberies in sports history, jones dominated him the who match.

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no doubt, RJJ was robbed big time in that fight. In his prime, he was the best fighter I have ever seen live. Honestly, not sure anyone in the history could beat him at 160 or 168. His athleticism was LeBronesque and the reflexes were unbelievable. The way he dominated Toney was special, just sucks how his career ended. If he retires after winning the HW title, people probably look at him as an top 5-10 fighter of all time.

Mayweather also got the raw deal in the 96 Olympics. He should have won gold as well.

72 US Olympic basketball team vs USSR also comes to my mind.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Oh no doubt, RJJ was robbed big time in that fight. In his prime, he was the best fighter I have ever seen live. Honestly, not sure anyone in the history could beat him at 160 or 168. His athleticism was LeBronesque and the reflexes were unbelievable. The way he dominated Toney was special, just sucks how his career ended. If he retires after winning the HW title, people probably look at him as an top 5-10 fighter of all time.

Mayweather also got the raw deal in the 96 Olympics. He should have won gold as well.

I was debating between that basketball game when making this thread as well, I didn't know about Floyd

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floyd got robbed in the semi-final match, so I guess the gold wasn't a guarantee.

Yeah, the basketball game was a HUGE robbery.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1988-89 .... the year Gretzky was handed the NHL MVP (Hart Trophy) when Lemieux was far more valuable and had 31 more points than Gretzky in the regular season...

Lemieux had been involved (by goal or assist) in nearly 60% of the team's goals... which is still an NHL record.
nagahide13

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much the entire 2002 World Cup in Korea.
mse326

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Holyfield got screwed in the semifinals in 1984.

There is just something about boxing that the judges and refs always seem to screw it up.

#JDI
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, the Olympic scoring especially is terrible and it will continue to be that way since they won't change it anytime soon. The terrible thing is the USA team is never all that good, but when they have a few good fighters they get screwed Laughing . But really, it is because we have 18-19 year old kids fighting, while other countries have 29-30 year old GROWN MEN.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1990 World Cup.

European Football is a treasure chest for scandal because of the card policy and I always get eaten alive by football fans because I suggest it is rid of, at least the red card.

The World Cup is the biggest sporting event on the planet and will probably remain for decades and yet we haven't had a single one without controversy. The 1990 World Cup may be the worst. Nearly every Quarterfinal game onwards had some controversy in the game, with the event garnering the lowest scoring and most penalties.

It all culminated in a Final that saw West Germany win via penalty kick in the waning minutes after Argentina lost a player to red carding earlier. The red carding was questionable but the awarded penalty kick that decided the outcome had been almost universally concluded as a farce. When you think of what was going on ion Germany at the time......yeah.
Buckrock101

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last two State of Origin series

IrishGreen wrote:
buck comes thru in the clutch
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
All Hail Buckrock
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
The 1990 World Cup.

European Football is a treasure chest for scandal because of the card policy and I always get eaten alive by football fans because I suggest it is rid of, at least the red card.

The World Cup is the biggest sporting event on the planet and will probably remain for decades and yet we haven't had a single one without controversy. The 1990 World Cup may be the worst. Nearly every Quarterfinal game onwards had some controversy in the game, with the event garnering the lowest scoring and most penalties.

It all culminated in a Final that saw West Germany win via penalty kick in the waning minutes after Argentina lost a player to red carding earlier. The red carding was questionable but the awarded penalty kick that decided the outcome had been almost universally concluded as a farce. When you think of what was going on ion Germany at the time......yeah.

I wouldn't even call that the biggest robbery in World Cup history. Diego Maradona's "Hand of God" goal was an even bigger robbery. Argentina not only won the match; but went on to win the World Cup thanks to that missed call.
Speed_Wrench

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Holyfield got screwed in the semifinals in 1984.

There is just something about boxing that the judges and refs always seem to screw it up.

Oh I don't think they screwed anything up, they did exactly what they were told to do.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2012 AFL Grand Final, bar none

Kiltman on the sig
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed_Wrench wrote:
Oh I don't think they screwed anything up, they did exactly what they were told to do.

Disagree, they can't simply just do what they are told for one fight, and than judge another completely fair. Judges are inept and too old in a lot of cases. They are never held liable and that is an issue. You need to put pressure on these guys so they start to get it together.

Now, since the Holyfield fight was in the Olympics, that scoring system is just flat out TERRIBLE.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Speed_Wrench wrote:

Disagree, they can't simply just do what they are told for one fight, and than judge another completely fair. Judges are inept and too old in a lot of cases. They are never held liable and that is an issue. You need to put pressure on these guys so they start to get it together.

Now, since the Holyfield fight was in the Olympics, that scoring system is just flat out TERRIBLE.

Disagree? You mean to say they didn't have every intention of making sure Jones lost that fight except in the case Jones knocked the Korean out? If the judges are too old and inept then how would putting pressure upon them help? They are beyond help, it's the people who let them judge who need to have pressure put upon them, in the video one of the Korean coaches or officials didn't mince words when he made reference to the upcoming Olympics and that revenge is on it's way.

Now Holyfield I can say got screwed by an incompetent ref, just saying stop is not nearly enough to interrupt the action in a boxing match.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: