Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cricket
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aussie_viking

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no worries , once they have gone we will have Hussey , Watson (if he is ever fit) , Mitch Johnson , Cam White , Hodge , Hogg , Haddin , Tait , Bracken ,Cullen, Jaques and Michael Clarke.

from the names i have just reeled off , i think Australia might just be in good stead for the next 5 - 10 years if not more , but we'll just wait and see at the next Ashes but i seem to have a bit of confidence in these guys. Very Happy

This is it, boys, this is war - what are we waiting for?
Why don't we break the rules already?
I was never one to believe the hype - save that for the black and white
Sunbeam

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aussie_viking wrote:
no worries , once they have gone we will have Hussey , Watson (if he is ever fit) , Mitch Johnson , Cam White , Hodge , Hogg , Haddin , Tait , Bracken ,Cullen, Jaques and Michael Clarke.

from the names i have just reeled off , i think Australia might just be in good stead for the next 5 - 10 years if not more , but we'll just wait and see at the next Ashes but i seem to have a bit of confidence in these guys. Very Happy

That's not a patch on the current lot. And alot of those are over 30 already. You simply can't replace Warne and GM.

It's a good side but nothing special. You'll be in the pack with many others.

Props to saintsfan for the sig.
Sunbeam

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Aussies killed Ireland today.

NZ could be in for some rough treatment from them. Can't wait to see how they go with Sri Lanka.

azazaz7

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunbeam wrote:
The Aussies killed Ireland today.

Yeah, Ireland took a couple of bad beatings from Australia and Sri Lanka but overall, they had a successful World Cup. While Ireland were clearly the worst Super 8 side, they still managed to beat two world ranked sides (Pakistan and Bangladesh) and tied with a third (Zimbabwe). In doing so they earned permanent one day international status.

Perhaps the sport will take off over here now. While I'm not a big cricket fan, I certainly watched far too much of it over the past month. You'd be surprised at the amount of people who have suddenly taken an interest in the game. Some might think Ireland don't deserve a spot at the top table because they're a long way behind the top nations but I've no doubt the team learned more from playing the likes of SA, Australia, Windies, England, Sri Lanka etc than they would have done in pointless one off games with Bermuda or Denmark. In future world cups, that should stand the team in good stead; not that they'll win the tournament but they can make steady progress in the 50 overs a side version of the sport.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My prediction of a SL v Oz final is still on.

Crusader

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunbeam wrote:
My prediction of a SL v Oz final is still on.

Its more than that, mate!

This (below) is not your best work though.

Sunbeam wrote:
That's not a patch on the current lot.

In fact, it is an upgrade in many areas AND, Hodge is the only one who could not squeeze out 6 years or more. (Note, I have left out Brad Hogg as only one person in this country seems to rate him).

There are enough bats running around in the Pura Cup or even district cricket to clobber 300 out of any side, any time.

Hussey (nearly 30)... Yeah, that's right. Little brother can play... Put up 2,000 in 05/06 for Victoria.

Clarke (26) is a run-machine straight out of the Mark Waugh school. An upgrade over any #4 or potential #4 in the world that is going to be playing in 10 years time.

Marsh (23). Swampy's boy can play. May get overlooked for others, but would be a walk up start in 6/10 sides.

North (26/27) As above... Not Geoff Marsh's son, obviously.

The sad part is, that the bowling is our current weakness. You are right, we keep getting run down defending 300 or 350 or even 400.

White (almost 24) is the Australian all-rounder of the future. At worst, he is a five-over leggie with awesome late-order hitting. At best, he is a damaging and restricting middle-over bowler who has just made 75 off the last 5 overs.

Watson (almost 26) is whatever hole Cameron White doesn't fill. These two will play on a 'horses for courses' selection policy for the next 10 years.

Henriques (19) Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing You're really gunna hate us in 2013 Laughing Laughing Laughing

Johnson (26)... When I bounced a 20-21yo Mitchell Johnson in a grade game in Queensland, I didn't know who he was. When I walked out to bat at #10 (trailling by 150 runs) and was confronted with a leg slip and a bat-pad along with the three slips that had been there all day, I started to take notice. When the skipper at the other end shook his head and said "told ya so", I was hoping my helmet was 'road-worthy'. When I skied the third ball off the topo of the handle trying to fend for my life, I kissed the turf and got the hell out of there. Laughing Give me a fair send off too!

Hilfenhaus (just 24). Genuine swing. Genuine pace.

They're just the front runners. No way are they goiong to get any less dominant when the rest of the world is going backwards. The only thing that is going to hurt the talent stocks is the drought that we are in. Many leagues couldn't play last summer because the grounds were too dry. I mean no offence, but that's your only hope

Julius Peppers doesn't sleep. He waits.
Sunbeam

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know about all of those players and the likes of Dan Cullen and Cullen Bailey. D Hussey plays for Notts. And Clarke is not now and will not be in 10 years time better than KP.

I still don't think your new guys will be better than your current/recent lot.

Future Eng team, (maybe 2009)

Cook, Bopara, Bell, KP, Rashid, Freddy, Davies wkt, Broad, Simon Jones, Monty and Anderson/Plunkett/Saj.

Bowling:

Broad gives height,
Jones reverses it,
Fred is Fred,
Anderson and Plunkettcan swing it; Saj is pace and bounce
Rashid is a leggie who can bat,
Bell and Bopara offer medium-pace
KP could be a useful offie
Monty is our leader.

Real balanced attack yet Davies and Broad may add depth to the batting. Monty and Rashid could be awesome together. Could be the best twin-spin attack since Bill (Tiger) O'Reilly and Clarrie Grimmett in the 1930s.

You better get used to Adil Rashid real quick. Darren Lehman brought him through at Yorkshire. Lehman and Jason Gillespie are sold on the boy. He's been tutored by Terry Jenner and Jenner thinks he's the new Warne. In fact even Warne is impressed. And he's showing that he can legit middle-order bat.

Keato

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aus v SL its on tonite baby. I reckon we get over the line......just

^eaglez^
FFGL 1 Champions - Team Lork : FFGL2 MVP
KOTH 43, 44 Winner
Aussie_viking

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we are the champions my friend
and we beat the Sri Lankins in the end
cos we are the champions
we are the champions
no time for losers
cos we are the champions
of the world (Cup)

(read to the tune of Queen - we are the champions)

well done boys , never had a doubt in my mind that you wouldn't win the cup for the 3rd consecutive time. Very Happy

This is it, boys, this is war - what are we waiting for?
Why don't we break the rules already?
I was never one to believe the hype - save that for the black and white
Crusader

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The day I rate Ian Bell as a world-class cricketer will be a sad day for the game of cricket. I believe Deano said it best..."Worst number three ever".

I rate KP. Everyone does... We'll wait and see who's "better" between him and Pup.

Simon Jones is one of the saddest stories in world cricket. He may well have been the difference in 2003 until he did his knee. He got the job done in 2005 and was missed in 2007.

Anderson/Plunkett/Saj.... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing I fart in their general direction.

Why not throw in Ronni Irani? Laughing

Julius Peppers doesn't sleep. He waits.
Sunbeam

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crusader wrote:
The day I rate Ian Bell as a world-class cricketer will be a sad day for the game of cricket. I believe Deano said it best..."Worst number three ever".

I rate KP. Everyone does... We'll wait and see who's "better" between him and Pup.

Simon Jones is one of the saddest stories in world cricket. He may well have been the difference in 2003 until he did his knee. He got the job done in 2005 and was missed in 2007.

Anderson/Plunkett/Saj.... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing I fart in their general direction.

Why not throw in Ronni Irani? Laughing

I didn''t say Bell was world class but he'll be a real-good #3 by 2009. He needs to convert more 70s into centuries in both forms of the game. He averages 43.72 and 35.46 but he can do better.

KP is better now than Clarke and alway will be. I like Clarke but not that much. KP should be looking at Ponting as his benchmark. He may swap positions with Bell.

Agree with you about Jones. Nice to see him back taking wickets and I hope he's back in the team by the time I'm at Trent Bridge watching Eng v India. The guy deserves some luck.

And/Plunk/Saj need to spend a summer in county cricket and away from Tests. Troy Cooley said we have as good a crop of young quicks as anyone could ever wish for. I agree but they need to go and learn to bowl consistently. There are others in the queue behind them. I hope the rumours are true that Cooley will be returning to the ECB when his Oz deal is over.

Congrats on the win. Didn't see it as I watching the draft but I hear the ending was a farce. Pretty much summed up the CWC which was horrendously organised. Rolling Eyes

Sunbeam

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death by natural causes?

Sunbeam

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently Freddy Flintoff's operation this weekend may determine his future career. Real shame his body has broken down.

LINK

Not that Eng need him to beat the WIndies. Boy they're poor.

icebox

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunbeam wrote:
Apparently Freddy Flintoff's operation this weekend may determine his future career. Real shame his body has broken down.

LINK

Not that Eng need him to beat the WIndies. Boy they're poor.
I can see Australia going down the same road in a few years.It's only a matter of time before hayden and Gilchrist retire, Ponting is 31or 32 this year with Warnie and pigeon already gone it will be interesting.
Sunbeam

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How not to run a 'murder' inquiry Shame on you

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 3 of 64

Jump to: