Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cricket
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sunbeam

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If England lose this to New Zealand then I can't see us making the Semis. Confused Crying or Very sad

Props to saintsfan for the sig.
azazaz7

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened today? How did Ireland beat Pakistan? It was a great result for Ireland who bowled superbly and batted very conservatively to reach their target. A win for the Windies over Zimbabwe tomorrow puts us through to the last 8! Considering the Zimbabwe game was supposed to be our cup final, to potentially make the Super 8 is a remarkable achivement for what is firmly a minority sport here.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer dies

Woolmer took over as Pakistan coach in June 2004
Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer has died after being discovered in his Jamaica hotel room on Sunday morning.

Link:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/other_international/pakistan/6464831.stm

This sort of thing really puts one sporting defeat in perspective. RIP Bob Woolmer.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
Quote:

Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer has died after being discovered in his Jamaica hotel room on Sunday morning.

Link:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/other_international/pakistan/6464831.stm

This sort of thing really puts one sporting defeat in perspective. RIP Bob Woolmer.[quote]

In a shock, the Jamaican police are now investigating Woolmer's death as a murder.  With rumours of either match-fixing mafia or disgruntled fans being the culprits!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070323/ap_on_re_as/cricket_pakistan[/quote]

Thanks to ctmagic24 for the sig.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

azazaz7 wrote:
Quote:

This sort of thing really puts one sporting defeat in perspective. RIP Bob Woolmer.

Woolmers death has been confirmed as a strangulation by the autopsy, This is a very very sad event in world sport. The jamacian police have made an arrest and the person is not of jamacian nationality, and call me a conclusion jumper but i have a feeling that it is a very very angry pakistani cricket fanatic, some in the sub-continent regard cricket aas their religion.
Aussie_viking

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is quite sad to know that someone would take a life just for a loss in sport , i know it has happened before in world cup soccer where a chilean (i think) was shot when he returned to his country after he caused his country to concede a own goal.

anyway , my opinion on who will win the cup is (and always will be) Australia , over night we managed to smash the current world #1 , we may be missing Warne and alot of our players are in the early to mid 30's but there is still a lot of fight in the guys.

i still believe the Windies and Kiwis are the Dark Horses , when they are on they could both do anything.

This is it, boys, this is war - what are we waiting for?
Why don't we break the rules already?
I was never one to believe the hype - save that for the black and white
Sunbeam

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aussie_viking wrote:
it is quite sad to know that someone would take a life just for a loss in sport , i know it has happened before in world cup soccer where a chilean (i think) was shot when he returned to his country after he caused his country to concede a own goal.

anyway , my opinion on who will win the cup is (and always will be) Australia , over night we managed to smash the current world #1 , we may be missing Warne and alot of our players are in the early to mid 30's but there is still a lot of fight in the guys.

i still believe the Windies and Kiwis are the Dark Horses , when they are on they could both do anything.

RIP BOB.

It'd bge interesting to see you play a team batting second. Your bowling was struggling and the pressure of the chase could un-do you. Also you so rely on Ponting it's scary.

Right now Oz and SLanka seem the best two. They should cruise into the semis now India and Pak are out.

khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now i think its Oz and NZ the two to beat, each have just dispatched of some good teams NZ ran over the Windies, Aussie rumbled SA and Both team just beat Banglesdesh by 10 and 9 wickets respectivley.

AS an NZ fan i think it will turn out either NZ Vs Aussie in the semis, adn we will either get up adn ebat them or wither and die.

But if we do get up i see us losing the final.

I hope we play Aussie in the Final adn get up for it NZ world champs sounds great.
Sunbeam

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Power Ranking

Aussies
Sri Lanka
South Africa
New Zealand
England
WIndies
Bangladesh/Ireland.

Actually I'd put Sri Lanka at 4th and have the Aussies at 1st, 2nd and 3rd!!

I don't care who wins it as long as it's not them!! Twisted Evil

Aussie_viking

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't care who wins it as long as it's not them!!

Boo , you do understand that it is Australia's god given right to win the ICC World Cup , without trying to be biased but no-one and i mean NO-ONE has even challenged us during this comp and we have come up against the current #1 country in the world (South Africa) and they crumbled faster than a bloke getting a kick to the groin. when you have such a well rounded team it is always going to be hard to beat them , it is just our time at the moment , all of our players are in there prime and i'm sure it will be someone elses time to shine in approx 10- 15 years when Australia starts to settle down a bit.

khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
all of our players are in there prime

Glenn McGrath prime...lol

But yes they are the best team out there, But the Do struggle to defend. I Don't know why, but the do.

The have lot defending 300+ about 8 or 9 times in the last 3 years. The Worst of any Team in the world.

I'm a kiwi and it is my god given right to hate the aussies, and as an aussie it is your god given right to hate the Kiwis.

But you do have a team that is rather old. Most if not all of your team is over 30 bar 2.

Pups and Chucka Tait.
Sunbeam

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aussie_viking wrote:
Quote:
I don't care who wins it as long as it's not them!!

Boo , you do understand that it is Australia's god given right to win the ICC World Cup , without trying to be biased but no-one and i mean NO-ONE has even challenged us during this comp and we have come up against the current #1 country in the world (South Africa) and they crumbled faster than a bloke getting a kick to the groin. when you have such a well rounded team it is always going to be hard to beat them , it is just our time at the moment , all of our players are in there prime and i'm sure it will be someone elses time to shine in approx 10- 15 years when Australia starts to settle down a bit.

You will get smoked by England in the next Ashes. No Warne, McGrath, Hayden, Langer, Gilly and probably quite a few others gives you little chance.

Yes I'm aware you've got some young talent out there but your era is ending like the WIndies did. Warne is the key loss and even Ponting is over 30.

Sri Lanka can beat you. As can NZ and SA. But I do feel you need to be set over 300 and they see if you crack.

SL will kill us today!

Aussie_viking

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually , i don't Hate the Kiwis , i kind of admire them for their pursuit of greatness in cricket , for such a small country , but on the other hand i do hate the poms , they were like "we are so good cos we beat Australia in the Ashes" , then they come to our domain and they get beaten from pillar to post, how does a team go from so good to so terribly bad in a 18 month period ?

khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aussie_viking wrote:
Actually , i don't Hate the Kiwis , i kind of admire them for their pursuit of greatness in cricket , for such a small country , but on the other hand i do hate the poms , they were like "we are so good cos we beat Australia in the Ashes" , then they come to our domain and they get beaten from pillar to post, how does a team go from so good to so terribly bad in a 18 month period ?

And one man from heor to villian so quickly.

Engladn and success only come around when Freddi plays well. And i mean like 100 and 5 wickets.

He has gone from hero to druken bum slob.
Sunbeam

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aussie_viking wrote:

Well when you lose your captain, other opener and reverse swing bowler it kinda hurts the team. We were also badly prepared and made bad selections.

And you had would have won in 05 if McGrath had not trod on the rugby ball.

Oh yeah and POME allegedly stands for Prisoner of Mother England which sort of makes you the POMS.

Let's see how you get on without Warne, McGrath, Hayden, Langer, Gilly and maybe others.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 2 of 64

Jump to: