Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The LSU Fighting Tigers Fan Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeauxLSUTigers

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:25 am    Post subject: The LSU Fighting Tigers Fan Thread Reply with quote

Arrow The Official Website of LSU Athletics
Arrow 2007 LSU Football Roster
Arrow 2007 LSU Football Schedule

Arrow *Anything and Everything on LSU Football*
Arrow Dandy Don’s LSU Sporting and Recruiting News

Arrow TigerBait.com - Cover of LSU Athletics and Recruiting
Arrow TigerRag.com - The Bible of LSU Sports
Arrow LSU Football Commitment List for 2008

Ill be a copy cat and try this. Post your thoughts, concerns, support, etc. for LSU football right here.

Ill get started:

OFFENSE
QB: Matt Flynn/Ryan Perriloux
RB: Keiland Williams/(edit)Alley Brousard/Charles Scott/Trindon Holliday
FB: Jacob Hester
OT: Ciron Clack/Zhammal Thomas/Herman Johnson
OG: Will Arnold/Herman Johnson
C: Brett Helms
TE: Richard Dickson
WR: Early Doucet/Brandon LaFell/Ricky Dixon/Terrance Toliver*

DEFENSE
DE:Tyson Jackson/Ricky Jean Francois/Kirston Pittman
DT: Glen Dorsey/Marlon Favorite/Charles Alexander/R.J.F.
OLB: Ali Highsmith/Derry Beckwith/Derrick Odom
ILB: Luke Sanders/Jacob Cutrera
CB: Chevis Jackson/Jonathan Zenon/Jai Eugene/Phelon Jones*
SS: Craig Steltz/Stefoin Francois*/Chad Jones*
FS: Chad Jones*/Curtis Taylor

What do yall think? Areas of concern? Strongpoints? Lets hear it...

1958, 2003, and 2007 National Champions!

Last edited by GeauxLSUTigers on Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:26 am; edited 4 times in total
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: The LSU Fighting Tigers Thread fan Reply with quote

GeauxLSUTigers wrote:
OLB: Ali Highsmith

The best outside linebacker in the nation right there.

He would make the perfect WLB in the NFL.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
mattmatt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tigers def. have some major talent! the depth on the o-line is not a strongpoint but the starters are very good.

I'm excited to see what Flynn can do. I think he may struggle early but wont struggle for very long. Keiland Williams is going to be a fantastic running back. Hopefully Ally Brousard can come back and play like he played 2 years ago. By the way, he was left off the Depth Chart. We took a big hit loseing Bowe and Davis but Doucett really came along last year and I am looking for him to have a big year! Terrance Tolliver will get a chance to show how good he is early on.

The Defense will be scary once again. The only question there is the Safties. We may see 2 true freshman start but I think Steltz and Jones will be the starters. Jai Eugene (from what i've heard) is moving to S b/c of a lack of depth. The LB are gonna be scary good. As good as Ali Highsmith is I think that Darry Beckwith is better! As long as both of them can avoid injury. Luke Sanders has improved over last year and should be more of a pressence. There is depth this year and that is always a plus. the D line will be one of the best in the nation! With some of the talent on that line i'm surprised Chase Pittman started last year.

I can't wait for the season! I am predicting LSU to win the SEC and possible play for a National Title 12-1 is my prediction!

GEAUX Tigers!!!!

Keato
c0insnap

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are Al Woods' chances of starting?
mattmatt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:
What are Al Woods' chances of starting?

I don't think he will start this year. With Dorsey coming back and Alexander and Marlon Favorite playing well last year he is just stuck behind them. i would like to see him get some serious playing time though. he is huge!!!! If he has a good spring and summer he could get the start though.

Keato
GeauxLSUTigers

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: The LSU Fighting Tigers Thread fan Reply with quote

Big7BenMVP wrote:
GeauxLSUTigers wrote:

I have to agree with this, not just as an LSU fan. Ive been screaming Highsmith's talent for a while now and he seems to have alot of potential. Hes a solid tackler with good instincts and 4.5 speed. Not a whole lot more that you could ask for in a WLB.

As for Al Woods I would say he probably wont start much (if at all this year) but he will be a key player we rotate in and out. I do want to see him play more, as he is very strong and seems to have a very good first step, add to that, hes listed at 6'4" 315 LBs.

mattmatt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do y'all think about the Mississippi St. game being moved to the first game of the season so that LSU can play on Thursday night football to open the season. I would have rather opened at home aginst a weaker team (MSU will be a little better this year, plus they are a SEC West rival). The VT game would be my second choice to move up to thursday night football.

Keato
GeauxLSUTigers

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, and here's why: Middle Tennesee State will not do a thing to prepare us for Va Tech. While I believe that we are better than Va. Tech, this would be just the game to come up and bite us in the arse (much like the Auburn game this year, because we hadnt faced a team that was worth a poop). Now MSU might not be great, but they are an SEC foe who will do much more to help us prepare for the next game. Also this will give us two extra days of rest/preparation for Tech, which also gives us an advantage.

mattmatt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeauxLSUTigers wrote:
I like it, and here's why: Middle Tennesee State will not do a thing to prepare us for Va Tech. While I believe that we are better than Va. Tech, this would be just the game to come up and bite us in the arse (much like the Auburn game this year, because we hadnt faced a team that was worth a poop). Now MSU might not be great, but they are an SEC foe who will do much more to help us prepare for the next game. Also this will give us two extra days of rest/preparation for Tech, which also gives us an advantage.

very good point, I hadn't thought about that yet. That is the game that scares me to most on the schedule. I'm just glad that the VT game didn't get moved up! That was not a pretty sight a few years ago, although this game is at home. I'm glad we get to see LSU on ESPN though, being in GA sucks!

Keato
GeauxLSUTigers

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.J. McCarthy named WR coach:

BATON ROUGE -- D.J. McCarthy, who spent the 2006 season at UCLA, has been named LSU’s wide receivers coach, head coach Les Miles announced on Wednesday.

The appointment of McCarthy rounds out the Tiger coaching staff. McCarthy takes the place of Todd Monken who departed to the NFL’s Jacksonville Jaguars earlier this month.

“What was so attractive about D.J. is his ability to take young receivers and develop them into outstanding players,” Miles said. “He has coached a number of players who have gone on to continue their career in the NFL.

“D.J. is a quality person and he’ll be a good fit for our staff.”

Remainder of the article

Seems like a very capable replacement, good job Les.
mattmatt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this hire. looking at some of the players he has coached, while not big names, they have all had pretty good numbers. he is a young guy that is a pretty good recruiter.

Les Miles did a good job on this one!

Keato
BoYz2tHeBoWl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: The LSU Fighting Tigers Thread fan Reply with quote

Big7BenMVP wrote:
GeauxLSUTigers wrote:

I would give that claim to Dan Connor myself, but Highsmith is definitely up there.

The offense should be solid with either QB at the helm and the running game should be one of the SEC's best. The defense in my opinion, along with OSU, should be the leading candidates for next season's best defense. That defensive front seven is absolutely monstrous led by Jackson, Dorsey, and Highsmith.

If RP or Flynn can come in and not play like a first year QB, then this team should be serious NC contenders.

Good luck next year.

Dallas94Ware wrote:
Perhaps it's your assessment is the one that is a knock on your ability to assess a football game.
GeauxLSUTigers

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: The LSU Fighting Tigers Thread fan Reply with quote

BoYz2tHeBoWl wrote:
Big7BenMVP wrote:
GeauxLSUTigers wrote:

I would give that claim to Dan Connor myself, but Highsmith is definitely up there.

The offense should be solid with either QB at the helm and the running game should be one of the SEC's best. The defense in my opinion, along with OSU, should be the leading candidates for next season's best defense. That defensive front seven is absolutely monstrous led by Jackson, Dorsey, and Highsmith.

If RP or Flynn can come in and not play like a first year QB, then this team should be serious NC contenders.

Good luck next year.

Thanks, and I have to agree: it all boils down to QB play. I hate the cliche but it rings very true for LSU this upcoming season. As with many other NC and SB teams we dont need spectacular, all world QB play (though obviously it wouldnt hurt) just a solid, make as few mistakes as possible type of player.

BoYz2tHeBoWl

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What will be interesting to watch will be Flynn. I want to know if he leads them to a better season next year than Russell did this year (Like a NC win) if that will make him a first round pick even though he only started one year.

Dallas94Ware wrote:
Perhaps it's your assessment is the one that is a knock on your ability to assess a football game.
mattmatt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoYz2tHeBoWl wrote:
What will be interesting to watch will be Flynn. I want to know if he leads them to a better season next year than Russell did this year (Like a NC win) if that will make him a first round pick even though he only started one year.

it'll be like when Tee Martin won the NC with Tenn the year after Peyton left. I think Flynn can do it. He is smart has a good arm and seems to make the right desicions. He played extremly well aginst Miami but that is now a whole year behind us. I really like the offensive players he has around him that will take some pressure off him. Even is Flynn doesn't get the start this year, i could still see him getting drafted late in the draft, like the Backup from USC who backed up Palmer and Leinart.

Keato

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 1 of 45

Jump to: