Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2015 All-NFC North Roster - WR5

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who should round out the WRs?
Golden Tate (Det)
52%
 52%  [ 18 ]
Mike Wallace (Min)
41%
 41%  [ 14 ]
Kevin White (Chi)
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Davante Adams (GB)
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Corey Fuller (Det)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Charles Johnson (Min)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Marquess Wilson (Chi)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jarius Wright (Min)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other (Please state name in post)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 34

Author Message
disaacs


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 24685
Location: Brownbackistan
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject: 2015 All-NFC North Roster - WR5 Reply with quote



Here were the final results from last year.

We need to get some more votes in the DB7 poll, so we'll let that run for another day.

Continuing on our quest to develop a 53-man all-NFC North roster, vote for the last wide receiver.

Here are the current results:

QB1 Aaron Rodgers (GB)
QB2 Matthew Stafford (Det)

RB1 Adrian Peterson (Min)
RB2 Matt Forte (Chi)
RB3 Eddie Lacy (GB)
H-Back/FB John Kuhn (GB)

WR1 Calvin Johnson (Det)
WR2 Jordy Nelson (GB)
WR3 Alshon Jeffery (Chi)
WR4 Randall Cobb (GB)
WR5

TE1 Martellus Bennett (Chi)
TE2 Kyle Rudolph (Min)
TE3 Eric Ebron (Det)

LT Riley Reiff (Det)
LG Josh Sitton (GB)
C John Sullivan (Min)
RG Brandon Fusco (Min)
RT Bryan Bulaga (GB)
OL6 Kyle Long (Chi)
OL7 Larry Warford (Det)
OL8 TJ Lang (GB)
OL9

DE1 Everson Griffen (Min)
DE2 Ziggy Ansah (Det)
DT1 Haloti Ngata (Det)
DT2 Sharrif Floyd (Min)
DL5 Mike Daniels (GB)
DL6 Linval Joseph (Min)
DL7 Lamarr Houston (Chi)
DL8 BJ Raji (GB)
DL9

OLB1 Clay Matthews (GB)
OLB2 DeAndre Levy (Det)
ILB1 Stephen Tulloch (Det)
ILB2 Jon Bostic (Chi)
LB5 Anthony Barr (Min)
LB6 Julius Peppers (GB)

CB1 Xavier Rhodes (Min)
CB2 Darius Slay (Det)
FS Harrison Smith (Min)
SS Morgan Burnett (GB)
DB5 Sam Shields (GB)
DB6 Glover Quin (Det)
DB7

K Blair Walsh (Min)
P
LS Cullen Loeffler (Min)
Ret

Wild-Card1
Wild-Card2
Wild-Card3
Wild-Card4
_________________


Thx to Lil Uno!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 50207
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough choice between Wallace and Tate but Tate is slightly better at this point. Could change though depending on this year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SemperFeist


Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Posts: 3223
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how you can say Tate is better? He's had one solid year in his career and while he caught more passes and had more yard in 2014 than Wallace, he had 6 fewer touchdowns.

Over their careers Wallace has averaged 972 yards per season, 62 catches, 8 touchdowns, and a 15.6 ypc average. Compared to Tate who averages 705 yards, 53 catches, 4 touchdowns, and a 13.4 ypc average.

Not to mention that Wallace has been his team's #1 receiving threat, whereas Tate is a sidekick.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 50207
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
I don't know how you can say Tate is better? He's had one solid year in his career and while he caught more passes and had more yard in 2014 than Wallace, he had 6 fewer touchdowns.

Over their careers Wallace has averaged 972 yards per season, 62 catches, 8 touchdowns, and a 15.6 ypc average. Compared to Tate who averages 705 yards, 53 catches, 4 touchdowns, and a 13.4 ypc average.

Not to mention that Wallace has been his team's #1 receiving threat, whereas Tate is a sidekick.


The Seattle offense wasn't friendly to Tate, no receiver has gone there and put up big numbers. I think Tate is more talented and versatile than Wallace, who seems to really need a big armed qb who can push the ball down the field to match his speed. I think it's pretty even between these two and it could come down to preference.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 17041
Location: Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured this would be an easy choice for some people to take Tate over Wallace.

Wallace is a solid WR, but I wouldn't take him over Tate. even if the stats do not compliment it, I, like VR, see Tate as a more complete and talented receiver. I'd consider Davante Adams over him too, but that's probably a minority opinion.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Duff Man


Joined: 05 May 2013
Posts: 604
Location: Sveltville
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maaaaan I can't believe you guys are really pulling for Golden Tate in this one... I mean, he's decent but he's never even touched the type of #'s Wallace has put up.

Wallace has #1 receiver ability, Tate will NEVER be a #1 and I have no idea where this praise for him is coming from. Not even being a homer, either.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 50207
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duff Man wrote:
Maaaaan I can't believe you guys are really pulling for Golden Tate in this one... I mean, he's decent but he's never even touched the type of #'s Wallace has put up.

Wallace has #1 receiver ability, Tate will NEVER be a #1 and I have no idea where this praise for him is coming from. Not even being a homer, either.


Wallace hasnt had a 1,000 yard season since 2011. Tate put up excellent numbers last year, 99 receptions and 1300 yards. Wallace is likely the better deep threat, but Tate is arguably better everywhere else.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bristow


Joined: 16 Jan 2013
Posts: 843
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't Golden Tate voted into the top 100 this year?

It's depressing that our best receiver isn't even the 5th best in the division.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SemperFeist


Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Posts: 3223
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Duff Man wrote:
Maaaaan I can't believe you guys are really pulling for Golden Tate in this one... I mean, he's decent but he's never even touched the type of #'s Wallace has put up.

Wallace has #1 receiver ability, Tate will NEVER be a #1 and I have no idea where this praise for him is coming from. Not even being a homer, either.


Wallace hasnt had a 1,000 yard season since 2011. Tate put up excellent numbers last year, 99 receptions and 1300 yards. Wallace is likely the better deep threat, but Tate is arguably better everywhere else.

Tate was also targeted a lot more than Wallace and is part of a heavy passing offense. And since when did receptions and yards become more important than touchdowns? Wallace, in fewer opportunities, had 2.5x more touchdowns than Tate.

You put Wallace in Detroit's offense with Matthew Stafford throwing the football and Calvin Johnson taking away coverages and what type of numbers do you think Wallace puts up? Conversely, do you think Tate would put up anywhere near the same type of numbers he did in Detroit if he was down in Miami with Tannehill?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 50207
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tds are often a product of the offense. We saw Visanthe Shiancoe put up big TD numbers as he was used heavily in the red zone. Tate isn't the deep threat that Wallace is and Detroit doesn't use Tate much in the red zone. I can see why his TD production may be slightly underwhelming.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SemperFeist


Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Posts: 3223
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Tds are often a product of the offense. We saw Visanthe Shiancoe put up big TD numbers as he was used heavily in the red zone. Tate isn't the deep threat that Wallace is and Detroit doesn't use Tate much in the red zone. I can see why his TD production may be slightly underwhelming.

And catches aren't a product of an offense? Tate runs a lot of short, underneath routes. All designed to get him the ball quickly.

Scoring points is ultimately the most important goal for an offense, and Mike Wallace has shown to be vastly superior in that department.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JDBrocks


Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 5840
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Tds are often a product of the offense. We saw Visanthe Shiancoe put up big TD numbers as he was used heavily in the red zone. Tate isn't the deep threat that Wallace is and Detroit doesn't use Tate much in the red zone. I can see why his TD production may be slightly underwhelming.

And catches aren't a product of an offense? Tate runs a lot of short, underneath routes. All designed to get him the ball quickly.

Scoring points is ultimately the most important goal for an offense, and Mike Wallace has shown to be vastly superior in that department.


Let's not sell his production in Detroit short last year. Tate performed really well when Johnson wasn't healthy. He also accounted for almost a 20% of his teams TDs. Stafford only threw 22 TD passes last year, and Miami was 2nd in redzone attempts compared to Detroit at 23rd.

I think they are pretty close, and wouldn't disagree if someone chose one over the other, but I don't think it's right to underrate Tate as much as you are.
_________________

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
disaacs


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 24685
Location: Brownbackistan
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as a FYI, I have been out all this week thus far, as I've been in the moving process. I will resume with the finishing polls next Monday, 7/6. Thanks for your patience. Smile
_________________


Thx to Lil Uno!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Virginia Viking


Joined: 27 Dec 2007
Posts: 3277
Location: Winchester, VA
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am an odd ball...but, I voted for Devante Adams. I know he was pretty raw coming out of college, but Rodgers developed some chemistry with him down the stretch. All reports seem to be saying that he has worked very hard in the offseason. I think he'll have a break out year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group