Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TTD's Early Vision For 2016

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teddy Touchdown

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject: TTD's Early Vision For 2016 Reply with quote

Re-signed
LB - Chad Greenway I know he was talking about retirement but has told Zim he feels good this year

CB/S - Terence Newman I could see a full time move to safety happening with Waynes taking CB2 over

OG/OT - Michael Harris Sadly our best lineman this year

PR/CB - Marcus Sherels Possible camp cut as always

S - Andrew Sendejo

RB - Matt Asiata

CB - Josh Robinson

DE - Justin Trattou

TE - Rhett Ellison

LB - Audie Cole Possible camp cut due to depth

FB - Zach Line

WR - Adam Thielen

Let Go
DT - Kenrick Ellis

S - Robert Blanton

LB - Casey Matthews

LB - Jason Trusnik

Cut
WR - Mike Wallace I love me some Mike Wallace, but this isn't the place for him. Saves us $11,500,000

OG - Brandon Fusco Has consistently been one of the worst guards in the league this year and I don't see him getting back to his pre-injury self regardless of the side of the line he's on. Saves us $1,650,000

The Trade

RB - Adrian Peterson to Cowboys for OT/OG - La'el Collins & 2016 2nd round pick I know Peterson is the best RB in the league, maybe ever, but if this team has shown me anything this year (and his whole career) it's that you need more than a great RB to win a superbowl. His play style doesn't mesh with Bridgewater's skill set. Saves us $11,000,000

Warning: I know the Vikings are unlikely to go big in FA. This is just my attempt to better the team

RB - Matt Forte How much would Bear fans hate this? A few months younger than AP and would fit much better with Teddy at a cheaper price

WR - Alshon Jeffery Double dip into the Bear's free agency pool? Don't mind if I do. Wouldn't it be great not to have to face this monster twice a year? Replaces Mike Wallace at a similar salary and has much better hands. Teddy finally gets a #1 WR

OT - Kelvin Beachum Tore his ACL this year, but was one of the best LTs in the league last year. Should be able to sign him at a discounted price on a short term contract

Well rounds 1 - 3

1 - LB - Su'a Cravens (USC) The more I think about us taking him the more I like it. Has played some safety, is good in coverage, and fast off the edge. Creates a ton of options for Zimmer to play with on defense. Also would have Greenway to help him develop

2 (Cowboys) - WR - Tyler Boyd (Pittsburgh) Not sure he falls this far after the combine, but if he does this would be another huge weapon for Teddy. He might even be able to find a WR open next season! Training camp would be very interesting

2 - OT - Germain Ifedi (Texas A&M) Who knows if Big Phil is ever going to be able to come back after that Achilles tear, and Clemmings has consistently been terrible this year. I get that Clemmings is a rookie, but at the very least this will push him either to develop into a starter... or a backup

3 - RB - Alex Collins (Arkansas) Chris Ivory 2.0. I think he has a bit more speed than Ivory. Will be a part of our one, two punch with Mckinnon after Forte retires.

*No safetys were taken due to my belief that either Newman, Harris, or Exum could be, at least, a short term fill for that hole*

Just some ideas I've had rolling around in my head. Feedback is welcomed. Let me know what you guys think!
Snake Plissken

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonus points for the layout--nice job. I like the draft. Cravens is interesting. I think if the Vikings take him he is used more as a 4-2 Safety.

I don't like the Fusco move--too early to give up on a player at that price.

Trade--unrealistic. We would be lucky to get either Collins or a 2nd rounder, but not both.

FA-- would rather get a RB in the draft than Forte. Don't see CHI letting Jeffrey getting away.
Teddy Touchdown

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snake Plissken wrote:
Bonus points for the layout--nice job. I like the draft. Cravens is interesting. I think if the Vikings take him he is used more as a 4-2 Safety.

I don't like the Fusco move--too early to give up on a player at that price.

Trade--unrealistic. We would be lucky to get either Collins or a 2nd rounder, but not both.

FA-- would rather get a RB in the draft than Forte. Don't see CHI letting Jeffrey getting away.

I know where your coming from on the trade being unrealistic. My thoughts on that was that Dallas saw how their run game was inconsistent even with their great oline and they know they only have a year or 2 left with Romo. AP is having one of his best seasons and doesn't show any signs of slowing down while Dallas has one of the deepest lines in the league. Minnesota wouldn't give him away cheap

To be fair on the Fusco move, it probably wouldn't happen before training camp when he gets beat out

And I drafted an RB in the draft as well. I just thought Forte would be a good Veteran presence plus he's still top 10
VikeManDan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming the AD trade happens...

I'm not a fan of adding Forte, I'd roll with a later round draft pick as well as McKinnon and Asiata.

Assuming we landed Jeffery I don't see the need to add Boyd in the 2nd round. We would have Jeffery/Boyd/Diggs/Wright/Johnson/Patterson/Thielen. Adding a talent like Jeffery would be all we would improve the position quite a bit.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on this one TTD. I like a lot of your moves. Here are some of my thoughts, but take them with a grain of salt, because I'm hardly an expert.

WR Adam Theilen - I'd let him go. He is a JAG, and doesn't add much. Plus, with two other receivers added, we won't even need him for depth.

OG Brandon Fusco - He did play well for us in the past. 1.6 million isn't all that much on the cap, and I think he's worth gambling on. If we can move him back to his natural position on the other side, and with another year to let the knee heal, he could be an inexpensive piece to have.

RB Adrian Peterson - I would LOVE that trade. I don't know if Dallas would be willing to give up that much for him though. I'd be willing to trade him for L'ael Collins alone. A good O-lineman could add more to our team than we would lose - IF we get a half decent replacement for AD.

RB Matt Forte - I wouldn't be interested in him. He's too old, and has been getting injured lately. I'd rather go with a young player at the RB position.

WR Alshon Jeffrey - I would LOVE to get him, and would offer him a big contract to get him to sign. He would be a great addition to our WR corps.

LB/S Su'a Cravens - From the little I've seen, he seems like a great pick for us.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikeManDan wrote:
Assuming the AD trade happens...

I'm not a fan of adding Forte, I'd roll with a later round draft pick as well as McKinnon and Asiata.

Assuming we landed Jeffery I don't see the need to add Boyd in the 2nd round. We would have Jeffery/Boyd/Diggs/Wright/Johnson/Patterson/Thielen. Adding a talent like Jeffery would be all we would improve the position quite a bit.

To the WR comment, I just see that as a great position of weakness for us. Obviously in this senario there would cuts. Most likely Patterson and Johnson or Theilen. Our offense seems to our weakness this year so the main goal of my offseason was to stockpile weapons and protection for Teddy.

Thanks for your guys' feedback!
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:

WR Alshon Jeffrey - I would LOVE to get him, and would offer him a big contract to get him to sign. He would be a great addition to our WR corps.

give him Wallace's money

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
Teddy Touchdown

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:

give him Wallace's money

Yes please!
Teddy Touchdown

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:

OG Brandon Fusco - He did play well for us in the past. 1.6 million isn't all that much on the cap, and I think he's worth gambling on. If we can move him back to his natural position on the other side, and with another year to let the knee heal, he could be an inexpensive piece to have.

I think I'm just mad at Fusco right lol every time I watch him he's looking at Teddy while Teddy's getting hit. Ya thinking about it again I would let him compete in training camp and if he is able to get a starting position then so be it. If not we could use that $1.6 million on re-signing players next year instead of keeping him as a backup.

I just haven't seen any improvement from him over the course of the year and that worries me
arKnaD7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice presentation!

I really doubt both Forte and Jeffery hit the FA market. The Bears have a lot of cap space next year and nobody outside of those 2 to use the franchise tag on.

Otherwise, I like most of the moves.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forte is likely gone... Just not here. Denver or Dallas would make a lot of sense for him.
Virginia Viking

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Forte is likely gone... Just not here. Denver or Dallas would make a lot of sense for him.

I agree. Forte will be leaving the Bears as a FA. Forte's availability to other teams, and the size of Peterson's contract will diminish the compensation we could get in an AP trade...I think.

I suspect Peterson will be on the Vikings in 2016.
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea how realistic this is....but if you get Jeffrey, Collins, and those first 4 picks, I'd feel happy about the off season for sure.
Teddy Touchdown

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
No idea how realistic this is....but if you get Jeffrey, Collins, and those first 4 picks, I'd feel happy about the off season for sure.

100% agree. I would be TOO excited about next season haha

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: