Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What's up with Blair?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Illadelegend215

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:59 am    Post subject: What's up with Blair? Reply with quote

Man he was a God in 2012. This guy is missing field goals all the time now, do you guys think it's time to find another kicker?
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He missed a 47 yard field goal. Not a that big of a deal.

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

exaggerate much?

first he's "a God," now he's missing kicks "all the time."

plus, we have a thread already for special teams stuff, do we need a unique thread just for this comment?

"Glove the one you're with."
Illadelegend215

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
exaggerate much?

plus, we have a thread already for special teams stuff, do we need a unique thread just for this comment?

I dunno, 47 td field goal, 27 yd last season, host of xp misses, he has fallen off a mountain to me. 2012 he made every 50+ yd field goal he took, set the record for most in a season actually. Your telling me I'm "over exaggerating" from him falling off as far as he did?
Illadelegend215

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
He missed a 47 yard field goal. Not a that big of a deal.

He doesn't seem like he is still confident in his abilities. I dunno maybe I'm wrong but I keep getting a bad feeling about him.
Riddle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
exaggerate much?

On your first point, I agree...I don't think he was a god before, but hes certainly not a slouch right now either...

Consider that per NFL.com, in 2015 Blair made more field goals (34) than anyone in the NFL, and attempted the second most (39). Additionally, his percent made (87%) was a very average 14th in the NFL. The only concern that I have is that he was ranked 33rd in conversion rate for extra points. Maybe we just go for two more this year Very Happy !

In my opinion, those stats would not dictate replacing the player. He is serviceable, and I don't see any upgrades available right now.

To your second point vike daddy...Yes, Blair deserves his own thread! Several other players have their own threads even though we have dedicated threads to their position group or side of the ball! Kickers are people too, don't discriminate Laughing !

Ndakasimba kana makasimbawo
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Illadelegend215 wrote:
I dunno, 47 td field goal, 27 yd last season, host of xp misses, he has fallen off a mountain to me. 2012 he made every 50+ yd field goal he took, set the record for most in a season actually. Your telling me I'm "over exaggerating" from him falling off as far as he did?

he was never a god, he doesn't miss kicks all the time. all i can go off of is what you write.

and what you wrote was an over exaggeration, yes.

Riddle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Illadelegend215 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
exaggerate much?

When one sets a record, it is generally accepted to be a statistical deviation from the norm...Folks like Usain Bolt who can sustain a level never before seen are extraordinarily rare...It is reasonable that after a record breaking season, ones stats would trend back toward the mean. Given that Tom Brady threw 50 touchdowns in 2007, but hasn't broken 40 since, perhaps he's "fallen off" too? The Pats should probly just cut him...

Ndakasimba kana makasimbawo
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riddle wrote:
To your second point vike daddy...Yes, Blair deserves his own thread! Several other players have their own threads even though we have dedicated threads to their position group or side of the ball! Kickers are people too, don't discriminate Laughing !

ok, but we're also discussing the same thing now in the Seattle GDT. bunch of cats need to be herded here!

Laughing

Purplexing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've searched for a short while and can't find a thread that asks whether or not to dump T Bridgewater because he threw an incomplete pass last weekn and seems to have gone from a 'God' to a 'complete bust' in a matter of a few offensive series with a few incompletions.

Should I post my comment on such an issue here in this Hyperbole Mongers and Chickens Little thread? Question
Klomp

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Blair missed extra points last year, just like all but five kickers in the NFL.
Yes, Blair missed 50-yarders last year, just like all but six kickers in the NFL.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regression to the mean...He was never as good as 2012, but he's not as bad as you appear to believe he is right now.

Thx to Lil Uno!
Illadelegend215

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I am over reacting, but legit my heart drops when this man lines up to keep a field goal. I get nervous because I believe he has a huge chance to miss it.
Bristow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year he missed a bunch of kicks during the preseason and we all freaked out. He was fine all year until the very last kick of the season. I dunno, he's not super reliable but I think he will be fine.
jshowers

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I advocate for the fantasy football kicker approach.

They aren't really football players, they aren't really core members of the team, and at any given time there are only 1 or 2 truly elite kickers in the league.

If you don't have one of those guys, just sign and cut kickers as their legs get hot and cold.

Blair should go. It's absolutely ridiculous from a competitive, team building standpoint to "stick with him" or "have faith in him". He's got massive confidence issues and it would be much better to cut him and sign a cheap veteran or rookie who at worst will be about the same as Blair.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: