Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Helpful Tips for Posting in Valhalla (i.e. Vikings Forum)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan Smith BYU

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This place is on point?

I am chatting in real time about Vikings football.

Cool!
This could get addictive.
Dan Smith BYU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone else's comp get bogged down by this site?
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Smith BYU wrote:
Does anyone else's comp get bogged down by this site?

clear your cookies.

if you have firefox, reset your firefox.

Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the subsilver board setting also loads much faster. (It looks better to me anyway).

Go to your profile, scroll down to board style, and change it from FF to subsilver and see if that helps.

With draft time coming up (high site traffic), it's best to run subsilver anyway.

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think subsilver looks SO much better

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
I think subsilver looks SO much better

i always use the subsilver setting. for looks and performance.

when webby first beta tested the new red-themed background he showed it to me and i said it was very "Dracula inducing."

he was not amused.

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
Dan Smith BYU

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
the subsilver board setting also loads much faster. (It looks better to me anyway).

Go to your profile, scroll down to board style, and change it from FF to subsilver and see if that helps.

With draft time coming up (high site traffic), it's best to run subsilver anyway.

so far this is working! It loads about 3-4X's faster. If this cure all ills. Thank you.
NorthCountryEvo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this exactly belongs here, but i've been a little bit irked with the general and news thread posting from some of the valhalla members. I understand we are, for the most part, vikings fans, and that can make us "homers", but when people only post stuff pro-vikings, and/or put down others views without any regard to the validity of other peoples statements, it ends up A) causing a lot of very anti-viking sentiment or B) causing pro-vikings posts to lose credibility. It almost makes me wary to post in the news or general threads, because I feel like anyone who posts there now is labeled as having blinders on, and too die hard to have un-skewed viewpoints on other teams, players, and personnel. It doesn't stop me from posting, but it make the conservation a lot more negatively pointed.

I think a lot of what has happened is that the vikings have had little relative success in recent years beyond AP, the favre years, and now Zimmer and the coming of TB. With us not having a true system born franchise QB in quite some time, we are latching onto Teddy as being the best thing since sliced bread, and we are almost boasting about it in a nauseating state, to the point that anything valhalla posters say about him in other forums is discredited as being a homer-ism.

All i'd ask is that it be tapered back a little bit, and not so boastful. Of course, post what you want, it's a free country/forum, and I have no say in the rules here, but the back and forth recently has seemed to have spurned a lot of quickly accelerating negative back and forth, and people have been getting warnings about it. Give credit to those when credit is due, be proud of what we have going for us in Minnesota, and don't forget that there is 31 other teams out there whose fan base aren't all gushing about what's happening in MN.

Just my two cents

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, and I looked and behold, a Pale Horse...

And his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

NSDQ
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My advice is to always pause and reread before you hit that Submit button if you are emotional when you respond to someone who is purely baiting you.

I generally ignore people who claim that I have blinders on, because often it is they who have the blinders on and don't have an open mind to the possibility that I could be right. It's a waste of my time to respond to them directly.

Always follow this tip:

Idea If you have a negative comment, please be respectful and never make the comment personal. If you get negative feedback on your post, keep an open mind and don't get defensive. We're unique here in that we promote respect and intelligent conversation. Arguments don't add anything positive.

Thx to Lil Uno!
NorthCountryEvo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
My advice is to always pause and reread before you hit that Submit button if you are emotional when you respond to someone who is purely baiting you.

I generally ignore people who claim that I have blinders on, because often it is they who have the blinders on and don't have an open mind to the possibility that I could be right. It's a waste of my time to respond to them directly.

Always follow this tip:

Idea If you have a negative comment, please be respectful and never make the comment personal. If you get negative feedback on your post, keep an open mind and don't get defensive. We're unique here in that we promote respect and intelligent conversation. Arguments don't add anything positive.

+1... i think that has been one of the bigger issues. I have pretty tough skin, i don't care what people say about my posts, but it almost is embarrassing sometimes how egregious some of the stuff gets between some valhalla members and other posters, and I don't like having our corner of the forums being labeled badly because of a few people who have homeristic tendancies.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, and I looked and behold, a Pale Horse...

And his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

NSDQ
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ glad this subject is being broached.

Dan Smith BYU

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a really unique and cool place. It should be fun Viking fans chatting with Viking fans. There are other post boards with Vike fans. Very few have this kind of activity on them.

Internet post boards in general attract flamboyant people. Many produce a façade of a GM or football coach that missed there opportunity to be a professional in this field.

It's simply something you have to weed through to chat football with fellow fans. I simply ignore the posts that are looking to have a 20 minute internet war. Even those that bait or try and rattle you. Ignore is always the best option.

It's a shame there are people like that in this world. The population of them is far greater then the others who simply want to talk football.

My two cents.

There is no solution to these people.

Last edited by Dan Smith BYU on Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dan Smith BYU

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I will add during inter personal communications it is tough to read the posters emotions or emotional intent. Much of which can be construed in the "wrong tone" leading to problems that never existed in the first place.
Dan Smith BYU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Smith BYU wrote:
This place is on point?

I am chatting in real time about Vikings football.

Cool!
This could get addictive.

OK I am going to back up a bit here. To those that I had great chats with its been fun! This place is not what I thought it was. Either way no harm no foul. Wish you all the best.

Skol Vikes!

Take care.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Smith BYU wrote:
This place is not what I thought it was.

i wonder what you thought it was?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: