Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Helpful Tips for Posting in Valhalla (i.e. Vikings Forum)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
But if #1 admits that they don't have a link it's not OK for #2 to belabour the point and demand a retraction.

that i would agree with also.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

i'm all for fun too, i think i demonstrate that regularly. but i also think you may be waaay over exaggerating your concern here. i don't think members are being "intimidated" when they make a claim as to understanding the mindset of a third party (Mike Wallace's father, for example) and another member asks for some substantiation of that, some quote or statement in support of the first member's claim. that's not intimidation. nor is that substantiation "demanded" as you state, nor does it happen to "everything" that is said here.

It is intimidation (or at least an attempt at it) when someone demands that the OP either provide a link or retraction.

I've been on this site for six years now and this forum has been free of this sort of thing until fairly recently.

From the experiences I have seen in this forum, requesting for a link hasnt always been for the purpose of debating. I myself have asked for links for the purpose of educating myself. Sometimes when members are referencing past events it is hard to remember how they exactly transpired. This allows for better clarification I think. In the end, I this forum is big on having positive and informative discussion, usually driven by fact and sources.

I do understand your concern, related to support for an opinion. Its not always going to be there, it is an opinion after all. I will take note of this "bullying" as you called it, whether it is related to a poster actually wanting to educate themselves with more fact or if it is just an over zealous poster trying to influence the conversation away from your opinion.

I dont necessarily feel that it is "intimidation" in all cases, to request source information. As stated, sometimes members just want more information if possible. Its only natural to be curious and to examine all data available.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we still do the Valhalla Awards here anymore?

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:

I believe there was an attempt to revive it last year, but there simply wasnt enough support to coordinate it.

A lot of work goes into putting it together.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

I believe there was an attempt to revive it last year, but there simply wasnt enough support to coordinate it.

A lot of work goes into putting it together.

thats a bummer. If you hit up NFL Gen, you can find quite a few posters who sport their Awards in their sigs, or in the text underneath of a post.

Well, as they say, and a phrase we are all to familiar with: "There's always next year". Laughing

Not your typical Vikings anymore.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: