Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Stephon Tuitt and Dominique Easley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DatDudeKB3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject: Stephon Tuitt and Dominique Easley Reply with quote

I would really like seeing us draft one of these guys (along with a corner) in the 1st or 2nd round (Tuitt in the 1st, Easley in the 2nd) if we lose MJ (I think we will). They're both bigger guys that can play DE and DT in a 4-3 (Tuitt reminds me so much of Red Bryant, just by his size and how well he carries his weight). With the potential of losing MJ and the uncertainty of DT depth after Geno's injury, picking one of these guys would be killing two birds with one stone. Haven't seen them mentioned here much, so just wondering what you guys think about them.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If easley checks out medically, I'm all for it in the second round. Haven't seen anything of Tuitt to form an opinion (I dislike ND so I haven't seen him at all)
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly am not really too interested in either guy. I would not even draft Tuitt at 24 if hes there. The 2nd round I would, but he probably wont be there. Easily is a great player, but the position of need isnt that huge for the Bengals, so if they are desperate, they could take him in the 3rd. If he falls even more down the draft, then it would be great value to draft him.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
I honestly am not really too interested in either guy. I would not even draft Tuitt at 24 if hes there. The 2nd round I would, but he probably wont be there. Easily is a great player, but the position of need isnt that huge for the Bengals, so if they are desperate, they could take him in the 3rd. If he falls even more down the draft, then it would be great value to draft him.

But Easley could play DE as well, and he fits the mold of versatile lineman from the SEC
DatDudeKB3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

But Easley could play DE as well, and he fits the mold of versatile lineman from the SEC

Exactly, both of these guys could be ends in a 4-3 that kick inside on passing downs. I wouldn't be as interested if they were strictly DTs.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you guys seem to not realize that both of these guys are 3-4 DE's, not 4-3 DE's. Both can play in the 4-3, but only as DT.

Look I'm all in for value over need depending on the scenario, I just don't like the idea of drafting either guy that early. I would only take one of these two if the Bengals can get value for it.
DatDudeKB3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
I think you guys seem to not realize that both of these guys are 3-4 DE's, not 4-3 DE's. Both can play in the 4-3, but only as DT.

Look I'm all in for value over need depending on the scenario, I just don't like the idea of drafting either guy that early. I would only take one of these two if the Bengals can get value for it.

Actually, they both have the ability to play 4-3 end. Easley even has experience as a 4-3 end at Florida. They can both play end and kick inside on passing downs, which is what we have been saying.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DatDudeKB3 wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

Actually, they both have the ability to play 4-3 end. Easley even has experience as a 4-3 end at Florida. They can both play end and kick inside on passing downs, which is what we have been saying.

Thats not exactly what I have seen from the scouting reports. Its very rare for a DE to be able to play in the same position in 2 different schemes.

Its not impossible to not try them out as DE's in the 4-3, its just more of a risk, something I'd rather not do. Much rather play it safe in the draft.
DatDudeKB3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
DatDudeKB3 wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

Thats not exactly what I have seen from the scouting reports. Its very rare for a DE to be able to play in the same position in 2 different schemes.

Its not impossible to not try them out as DE's in the 4-3, its just more of a risk, something I'd rather not do. Much rather play it safe in the draft.

I have read scouting reports saying what I am saying, you don't even need one on Easley, since he has played 4-3 end at Florida and you can watch game film of him doing so. Here is one written before the start of the season on Tuitt.

"There is a lot for NFL talent evaluators to like about Tuitt. He is extremely big for a defensive end and carries his weight extremely well. Tuitt is the size of many defensive tackles, but he has enough speed and agility to play defensive end.

Tuitt has some serious power to his game. He had a sack last year on a one-handed bull rush against Michigan's big right tackle. Tuitt has a devastating bull rush and does a good job of maintaing his leverage. Beyond the bull rush, Tuitt uses a variety of moves. He has a swim move that works well on guards, and his power bull rush can set up a speed rush from the outside, particularly when he works against right tackles. Tuitt needs to continue to refine his moves for the NFL, but he has an impressive starting point for a player entering his junior season.

Despite his size, Tuitt has nice closing speed. When he breaks free from tackles, he closes in a hurry. Tuitt's quickness seems to catch many offensive linemen and ball-carriers by surprise. There were a few sacks last year where quarterbacks seemed to think they had time but Tuitt ate up the space quickly. Tuitt is a tough run-defender for the ground game. He is strong at the point of attack and tough to move out of his gap. It would be nice to see him improve on his tackle total this year and get in on more plays outside of his gap.

For the NFL, Tuitt has real flexibility. He can line up and rush against guards as a defensive tackle or serve as a 4-3 base end, or he could play as a five-technique defensive end in a 3-4 defense.

It would be good if Tuitt can demonstrate a complete game for the NFL in 2013. He has some quickness, but isn't a true speed-rusher. That could cause teams to view him as a left defensive end. Tuitt may need to show that he is fast enough to play against left and right tackles in order to be a top-10 pick."

Also, I watch film myself and develop my own opinion, and I believe Tuitt is a guy that can play 4-3 end and kicks inside on passing downs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: