Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Kansas City Royals Thread(Greinke-FOUR MORE YEARS!)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chiefRoyal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Official Kansas City Royals Thread(Greinke-FOUR MORE YEARS!) Reply with quote

This is the Thread in which Royals fans can talk about the team. Is there only one fan? Probley, but even if not still discuss.

Last edited by chiefRoyal on Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:44 pm; edited 65 times in total
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there has been a thread. Can you give me a low down on your prospects? Each year you guys do poorly and end up with a high draft pick. Does these guys take a while to develop, you trade them away or the just don't develop at all? I know you have Gordon, acquired Shealey(I liked that move), Hovechar(I think), and another 1B/DH.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
I don't think there has been a thread. Can you give me a low down on your prospects? Each year you guys do poorly and end up with a high draft pick. Does these guys take a while to develop, you trade them away or the just don't develop at all? I know you have Gordon, acquired Shealey(I liked that move), Hovechar(I think), and another 1B/DH.

i assume you mean billy butler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the future for the Royals is high on promise. I guess we have a lot of good prosects in the minors this year and the ETA on most will be the next 2 years. Here are the best and the players that already are here.

Catcher-Jon Buck-If nothing eles the guy plays great defense. Sooner or later his bat might improve.

1st Base-Ryan Shealy-He has been stuck behind Todd Helton all his career. Kind of a late bloomer. He has .300-25-80 Potintal.

2nd Base-Jeff Bianci-He isn't the best prospect at 2nd. He plays short, but he has been hurt and will soon make the switch I think. He has power and a glove. Kind of a poor mans 5 tool player.

Shortstop-Angel Sanchez-After all his fumbling Berroa will be replaced I think by mid-season with Sanchez. He has the best Glove in the system and led the minors in hits last year.

3rd Base-Alex Gordan-Our Prized position. He should be the everyday third baseman this year. Could be like Albert Pujus numbers wise. .310-40-120-15 type of guy and he has a pretty slick glove.

Left Field-Chris Lubanski-He was know for being a five tool player, but his arm isn't that strong and he isn't a blazer. He could be a .280-20-75 type of guy.

Center Field-David DeJesus-Has been what we hang our hat on. Plays great defense and is a great lead off man. Won't steal many bases but he is still very fast.

Right Field-Mark Teahan-Will fit in right like a glove. Has a huge arm and will ajust to it with few problems. Could be a guy who hits .295-30-100 for the rest of his career.

DH-Billy Butler-If the Royals and Billy relieze that they are wasting his time trying to learn how to field the ball he will be he soon. could be a .330-40-120 type guy. Has all kinds of power. Best bat in the system.

Pitchers:

1.)Luke Hochaver-Has #1 stuff. Could be the next great pitcher. Yes he is a royal.

2.)Gil Meche-I know every one thinks we over paid. But look at it this way, we didn't....well not by much any way. Zito=overpaid, Suppan=overpaid, Matsuzaka+posting fee=Way overpaid, Sorry Boston....he has done nothing at this level. Meche has electric stuff. Jason Shcimit(butchered) didn't blossom until around 28 or so and his stuff is similar. I think we got a steal.

3.)Whacky Zacky Grienke-Great stuff. Amazing control. Will he put it all together....yes and he will be the next Greg Maddex. Very smart...also why he is a little nuts.

4.)Tyler Lumsden-Great trade for the guy. Could complete the next Hudson, Mulder, Zito type rotation in the bigs....Grienke, Lumsden, Hochaver....has a nice ring.

5.)Brian Bannister-Another great trade. The Royals could suprise if this rotation ever makes it together in the bigs. Bannister is a great # 5 starter.

Closer-Jokim Soria-Pitched a perfect game after the royals took him in the rule five draft. Will be the next Rule Fiver to be a star.

That round it out guys. Any more ?s I would love to answer....The Royals future is bright so watch out.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened with Ambiox(sp) Burgos? I liked him then he started getting lit up and was traded.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He lost his confidence. His contral was always a ? but he just didn't put it all together while here. He is only like 21 so he has a lot of time. The Royals just needed starters and got one. We have a lot of young power arms still so it was addition by subtraction.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks for all of the information man. I'm hoping I can land Shealey or Gordon late in my fantasy draft. Maybe Hochevar(sp) too.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where does everyone forsee Alex Gordon going in fantasy drafts this year?
SanFran49ers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was hoping he would go undrafted because I thought he was expected to start the year in the minors. But as soon as he is called up (my prediction is by mid May at the latest) I want to pick him up. Gordon is a stud.
LionsFan01

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is it pretty much decided that Teahan is making the move to the outfield to free up third base for Gordon? I wouldn't think KC would think of trading Teahan. You guys have a nice, young core of offensive players in Gordon, Teahan, Dejesus, and Shealy.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiefRoyal wrote:
Where does everyone forsee Alex Gordon going in fantasy drafts this year?

I'm sure the casual fan doesn't know about Alex Gordon and I've looked at mocks online with him undrafted. I'm looking to get him and Delmon Young and worst case scenario they don't play the first 2-3 months.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiefroyal, should we expect another horrid season from the Royals, or will their young talent shine and make a push for a better record.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we will improve but that is up to the pitching staff. They blew 31 frakin saves last year. Hopefully Dotel is up to the challenge. The totally revamed starting five might also help. Gil Meche has all the tools to step up and be a huge suprise but can he. Some scouts compare him to Jason Schimt at the age of 28, electric stuff and this might just be the year he comes into his own. If Odalis Perez can keep his weight down and put his attitude to the side he might be able to regain the form he had as an All-Star pitcher once. Luke Hudson is in my oppion the worst pitcher on the staff, sure he had a okay run as a starter, he surtainly didn't set the world on fire. I think Tyler Lumsden will replace him by the All-Star break. Greinke, the one time golden child has to get over his crazies, but if he does and he wants to pitch he could become the next Greg Maddox. Brian Bannister might turn out to be the most consistant pitcher the Royals have, if he makes the rotation, all signs point to yes. With the revamped pitching the Royals could show an improvement of 20 games, remeber had they not blow a save all last year they could have won around 90 games. I know I'm as shocked as all of you. It's all about pitching in Blue Country.
chiefRoyal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I know that the Yanks and Sox are all of more intrest to everyone I am still just curious if there are any other Royals fans out there or has the Glass family scared them all away?
diezjabronie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened to Justin Huber? I thought that he was supposed to be a C/1B/DH for the Royals.

He was the Future's game MVP a few years ago in Detroit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 1 of 23

Jump to: