You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Z's 2007 NFL Mock Draft - Version 1.7 - Free Agents, Trades!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zwendkos

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Z's 2007 NFL Mock Draft - Version 1.7 - Free Agents, Trades! Reply with quote

Player Movement
Adalius Thomas signs with New England
Nate Clements signs with Cleveland
Asante Samuel signs with San Francisco
Ken Hamlin signs with Green Bay
Michael Lewis signs with Seattle
Bobby Wade signs with Jacksonville
Daniel Graham signs with Cincinnati
Justin Smith signs with Arizona
Terdell Sands signs with Tennessee
Jeff Garcia signs with Minnesota
Ahman Green signs with Giants
Michael Turner signs with Jets
Leonard Davis signs with Oakland
Dwight Freeney signs with Tampa Bay
Jake Plummer to the Texans
Jared Allen re-signs
Cato June re-signs
Keenan McCardell re-signs
Damon Huard re-signs
Donte Stallworth re-signs
Kevin Curtis re-signs
Drew Bennett re-signs
Lance Briggs franchised

Trades:
- Minnesota trades 1st round pick, 2nd round pick, and a future pick to Tampa Bay for 1st round pick
- Carolina trades 1st round pick, 3rd round pick, and a future pick to Miami for 1st round pick

Round 1
1. Oakland: JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU
2. Detroit: Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin
3. Minnesota (FROM TB): Calvin Johnson, WR, GT
4. Cleveland: Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma
5. Arizona: Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson
6. Washington: Jamal Anderson, DE, Arkansas
7. Tampa Bay (FROM MIN): Amobi Okoye, DT, Lousiville
8. Houston: LaRon Landry, S, LSU
9. Carolina (FROM MIA): Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame
10. Atlanta: Reggie Nelson, S, Florida
11. San Francisco: Alan Branch, DT, Michigan
12. Buffalo: Darrelle Revis, CB, Pittsburgh
13. St. Louis: Jarvis Moss, DE, Florida
14. Miami (FROM CAR): Dwyane Jarrett, WR, USC
15. Pittsburgh: Levi Brown, OT, Penn State
16. Green Bay: Marshawn Lynch, RB, Cal
17. Jacksonville: Michael Griffin, S, Texas
18. Cincinatti: Patrick Willis, ILB, Ole Miss
19. Tennessee: Ted Ginn Jr., WR, Ohio State.
20. Giants: Leon Hall, CB, Michigan
21. Denver: Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska
22. Dallas: Justin Blalock, OT, Texas
23. Kansas City: Dwayne Bowe WR, LSU
24. New England: Daymeion Hughes, CB, Cal
25. Jets: Quentin Moses, DE/OLB, Georiga
26. Philadelphia: Charles Johnson DE, Georgia
27. New Orleans: Lawrence Timmons, OLB, Florida State
28. New England: Sidney Rice, WR, South Carolina
29. Baltimore: LaMarr Woodley, DE/OLB, Michigan
30. San Diego: Robert Meachem WR, Tennessee
31. Chicago: Tony Ugoh, OT, Arkansas
32. Indianapolis: Jon Beason, OLB, Miami [/u]

PLEASE COMMENT!

Last edited by zwendkos on Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:27 pm; edited 8 times in total
tdfast

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd really hate to see Tampa trade away CJ.
Eagles27

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles won't draft an OLB in the first round. We need S, CB, DE.

#JDI
zwendkos

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tdfast wrote:

I would too, as a Bucs fan, but adding depth in this year's draft would be the smart move, as there is a lot of talent and the Bucs' roster is depleting as the defense gets older. Galloway has a least another solid year in him, and I don't think Gruden is ready to give up on Clayton. Also, Gruden is in love with Okoye, he would be a perfect DT in Kiffen's system in Tampa, and the Bucs have a huge need for that position. The Bucs' D relies on the front four, and in order to be successful again they need to rebuild the defense to championship level. Gruden's offense relies on a number of different targets, so a franchise WR is not necessary to be successful. Again, I love CJ and I think he is a Pro Bowl WR immediately, but the smart move for the Bucs is to use his value, which is extremely high, to get more in return (a pick only 4 picks lower, another high 2nd rounder, and a future pick).
zwendkos

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles27 wrote:
Eagles won't draft an OLB in the first round. We need S, CB, DE.

I have the Eagles picking Daymeion Hughes, whose stock is really rising since proving himself to be legit at the Senior Bowl. He put up great numbers in college, and some questioned his actual skill, but the Bucs' coaching staff and everyone else there really took note of how well Hughes performed. Personally, I hope he drops to the 2nd round so the Bucs can pick him up as a replacement for either Bolden or Kelly who are old and getting worse.
ACDC_Rocks024

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good browns draft, but bad f/a, Clements is gonna sign with Cleveland

-Jimi Hendrix
midmokcfan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: CHIEFS Reply with quote

Chiefs wont go DE in the first with 2 good starters (especially since you had us resign Allen and we drafted Hali in the 1st round lastyear), and what we need to make those starters better is a good DT, so that would come before DE, but we also need a WR/OT, so the BPA available out of those positions is WR so BOWE/RICE/MEACHEM <--- who disappeared from the 1st round.
tdfast

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zwendkos wrote:
tdfast wrote:

I would too, as a Bucs fan, but adding depth in this year's draft would be the smart move, as there is a lot of talent and the Bucs' roster is depleting as the defense gets older. Galloway has a least another solid year in him, and I don't think Gruden is ready to give up on Clayton. Also, Gruden is in love with Okoye, he would be a perfect DT in Kiffen's system in Tampa, and the Bucs have a huge need for that position. The Bucs' D relies on the front four, and in order to be successful again they need to rebuild the defense to championship level. Gruden's offense relies on a number of different targets, so a franchise WR is not necessary to be successful. Again, I love CJ and I think he is a Pro Bowl WR immediately, but the smart move for the Bucs is to use his value, which is extremely high, to get more in return (a pick only 4 picks lower, another high 2nd rounder, and a future pick).

It would give us a lot of options, I've been saying all along that we have lots of small holes with no major ones. This would give us another couple 1st day picks to get a good CB, DT, another DE, C and a safety. We'd be pretty stocked but it would be a lot to give up as well. Do you think Gruden would take a shot at Quinn instead though? Wyms looks like he can get pressure from the DT spot and Hovan is a force inside.
jagz4life

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even signing Wade, I'd rather Ginn over Griffin.
diamondcutter27

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: CHIEFS Reply with quote

midmokcfan wrote:
Chiefs wont go DE in the first with 2 good starters (especially since you had us resign Allen and we drafted Hali in the 1st round lastyear), and what we need to make those starters better is a good DT, so that would come before DE, but we also need a WR/OT, so the BPA available out of those positions is WR so BOWE/RICE/MEACHEM <--- who disappeared from the 1st round.

Even Pat Willis is a better pick with Mitchell a FA
zwendkos

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: CHIEFS Reply with quote

midmokcfan wrote:

Thanks for the comment. You are right, it was a complete oversight. I fixed it up. Getting Bowe would be great for the Chiefs.
zwendkos

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tdfast wrote:
It would give us a lot of options, I've been saying all along that we have lots of small holes with no major ones. This would give us another couple 1st day picks to get a good CB, DT, another DE, C and a safety. We'd be pretty stocked but it would be a lot to give up as well. Do you think Gruden would take a shot at Quinn instead though? Wyms looks like he can get pressure from the DT spot and Hovan is a force inside.

He could take a shot at Quinn, but I really think coaching the Senior Bowl has a significant effect. If I remember correctly, I think that 4 or 5 of the Bucs draft picks last year played for Gruden in the Senior Bowl. Also, Gruden has too much pride to just give up on Simms (even Gradkowski for that matter), and while I think Quinn would be a great fit in the system, it's just bad timing. Gruden loves Simms and he loves his offense, but Okoye is ideal, even if we have Wyms and Hovan, who are decent, but not studs. Also, depth at the D line positions is especially important for teams like the Bucs that rely on heavy pressure from 4 guys. I'm not necessarily saying that this is what the Bucs will do, but I think it's what they should do. In fact, I wouldn't even mind it if they traded down again and somehow picked Reggie Nelson, who I think will have an incredible impact on and is an ideal fit for a Cover/Tampa 2 system.
RangerD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Z's 2007 NFL Mock Draft - Version 1.7 - Free Agents, Tra Reply with quote

zwendkos wrote:
[
15. Pittsburgh: Levi Brown, OT, Penn State

PLEASE COMMENT!

Solid pick for the Steelers.
SmithToGinnTD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good pick with Peterson, but lol at Washington (31st in cap room, under 1 million) signing Clements while San Francisco (#1 in cap room, 42 million) and Cleveland (#5 in cap room, 33 million) get no one.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the pick for the bears but the thing that i dont like is some of ur free agents. i checked for some of them i didnt see asaunte samuals, but dont u think that the bears might want to get him or even garcia. i mean why would the vikings want him.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: