You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Devery Henderson
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daboysin06

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Devery Henderson Reply with quote

With the emergence of Marques Colston, what type of future roll do you think Devery Henderson will have as a Saint? Will he become the number two receiver after Joe Horn leaves, or do you think he is more effective as the number three receiver where he can showcase his speed? Do you think he will ever become a legitimate number one receiver with the Saints, or with any other team? I really think he is one of the best kept secrets in the NFL.
GeauxLSUTigers

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well he has the speed for sure (see him outrun the "fastest player in the league: DeAngelo Hall) he just needs to work on his consistancy. Obviously I hope he can become a legitimate #2 or #1 reciever but he definitely has alot of work to do for that; especially with his routes.

1958, 2003, and 2007 National Champions!
Dash5

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just it the kid strugles w/ bringing the same effort to the table game in and game out. He's super talented and if he can be a more consistent threat I think he could be an excellent #2 receiver for the Saints. Also, D-Hall may have won that fastest man competition but he's not the fastest player in the league.

I knew once D-Hall started chacing that he wasn't going to catch Henderson. Henderson also ran some track for the Tigers and ran on their 4x100m relay team that ran under 39 seconds. You don't get on a Tigers relay team unless you can flat out fly. I love Henderson and I hope that next season is a breakout year for him.
mattmatt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

his speed is an excellent fit with Colstons size but, like everyone has said before me, consistency is a problem. I do not see him ever becoming a #1 guy. I have been a fans of Devery's since he went to LSU and would love to see him do well with the Saints! He has all the tools and athletic ability in the world. This is his 4th year so maybe we will see a more consistent player.

I still have dreams of the pass he caught to beat Kentucky!!!!!!

Keato
GeauxLSUTigers

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, the blue grass miracle...awesome.

Well I may be reaching a bit, but his consistancy has improved each year, so maybe hell finally "get it" this year and have a much better season.

1958, 2003, and 2007 National Champions!
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: Re: Devery Henderson Reply with quote

daboysin06 wrote:
With the emergence of Marques Colston, what type of future roll do you think Devery Henderson will have as a Saint? Will he become the number two receiver after Joe Horn leaves, or do you think he is more effective as the number three receiver where he can showcase his speed? Do you think he will ever become a legitimate number one receiver with the Saints, or with any other team? I really think he is one of the best kept secrets in the NFL.

he has had trouble running routes and catching the ball acrossed the middle. so at this point...I say absolutely NO to him being our #2 WR. Once he shows that he can fulfill the duties of a starting NFL WR in a pass heavy offense...then he can have the job. He hasn't shown that to me. He has shown me that he can outrun nickel CBs and safeties on deep routes. But that is about it. I don't know what to think about Horn anymore. I love him...but there is no way that his contract merits him missing as many games that he misses.
ako

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy has what it takes... I think he lacks concentration and consistency. Let's see if he manages to impress Sean Payton next year.
mattmatt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeauxLSUTigers wrote:
Ah yes, the blue grass miracle...awesome.

Well I may be reaching a bit, but his consistancy has improved each year, so maybe hell finally "get it" this year and have a much better season.

Love the sig GeauxLSUTigers!!!!! Landry is a beast!!! i'm glad I moved from Destrehan in time so that i didnt have to play aginst him!!

I wish he would drop to the Saints! need or not, I would love to have LaRon in the Saints Secondary!!!!

Keato
D24pick

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God darn! Everytime I see something about Dev its always consistency this and that. Darn! First of all the guy was injured, you guys arent all on Colston's back and he was injured. Second of all, he didn't start over Copper. Payton started Copper over Dev because their history in Dallas/ Third of all, he runs reat routes. If he didn't run routes well he would stay open all the time. Speed doesn't mean anything when you're facing a great CB like Hall twice a year, not to mention a complete snag in mid air vs Dallas.

The problem with Dev is not consistency its concentration. He started his career off bad with this. Our WR's coach, who now doesn't coach for us anymore, has done a great job with helping his confidence this year. He and Horn, the guy worked extra time the whole offeseon after practice, he and A-Mac. I'm not gonna blab and say he should be our #1 WR but he definitely can prove to be our #2. He showed it all season long, vs #1 and 2 DB's on teams. If you want to talk about consistency on our WR core, that person is Copper not Dev

-Saints Assistant GM FFMD07-
PearlRiverSaint

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concentration? He concentrates in one game and not another? Then he's not consistant with his concentration.
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PearlRiverSaint wrote:
Concentration? He concentrates in one game and not another? Then he's not consistant with his concentration.

good point. it has less to do with his concentration and consistancy...and more to do with his role on the team. When he was the #3 and #4 WR on our team, he did great. When he was our #1 or #2 he didn't do well at all. He is much better with nickle CB, LBs, and Safeties covering him than starting CBs.
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammymvpknight wrote:
PearlRiverSaint wrote:

good point. it has less to do with his concentration and consistancy...and more to do with his role on the team. When he was the #3 and #4 WR on our team, he did great. When he was our #1 or #2 he didn't do well at all. He is much better with nickle CB, LBs, and Safeties covering him than starting CBs.

Exactly..he is the perfect #3 guy/Slot reciever, put him in there have him run a go pattern, and fling just over gis outside sholder=Big Gain. But when he has been in as a starter, much different results. Don't flame me guys, but IF Joe leaves/retires/is cut, I think Copper is servicable as a number 2 guy. Although I'd love to see a guy like Craig Davis of LSU or maybe if we could steal Mike Williams from Detroit...

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
D24pick

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammymvpknight wrote:
PearlRiverSaint wrote:

So Deangelo Hall, Charles Tillman, Terrance Newman, and Charles Woodson are all nickles and dimes CB's? Could've swarn they were all starters, could've swarn when Dev scored on them or made a big play on them that he was being played by these guys at #2 spot. I just don't get it. How do you say a guy is inconsistent if he doesn't start every game and play every game and has bigger and greater #'s than the guy yall say is consistent in Copper. Played more games than the guy and still has less production no matter at what slot. Copper has played the same way Dev played last year with Brooks but you don't call him inconsistent, I don't get it

-Saints Assistant GM FFMD07-
GeauxldenBoy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think Devery can be a possible #2 receiver this year, hes shown improvement and im not going to doubt him cause i KNOW he wants it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devery is much more consistent then Terrence. Terrence drops a ton of easy passes Devery is much more reliable BUT i like him as more of a #3 receiver he is our deep threat and thats great now all we need is another big possesion guy and well be great

#1 Colston
#2 Dallas Baker/David Ball/Jason Hill/Robert Meachem
#3 Henderson
#4 Copper

and theyre all very young which means we'll be set for years to come

Dontrelle Willis will have an ERA over 6 with the Detroit Tigers!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: