Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Time to rebuild...Farve is done!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cheezy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think it'll be that hard to beat CHI and DET each time we play them.
In 01' and 02' we beat them each time going 4-0 but then in 03' and 04' we went 3-1. So if we could do it before i think we could do it again.
But your right about the Vike giving us hell. In 01' and 02' we went 1-1 each time we met, then in 03' we went 1-1 again but then in 04' we went 2-0. And Carolina?.....ehh....we can beat them.
marshpit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheezy wrote:
I dont think it'll be that hard to beat CHI and DET each time we play them.
In 01' and 02' we beat them each time going 4-0 but then in 03' and 04' we went 3-1. So if we could do it before i think we could do it again.
But your right about the Vike giving us hell. In 01' and 02' we went 1-1 each time we met, then in 03' we went 1-1 again but then in 04' we went 2-0. And Carolina?.....ehh....we can beat them.

That's why we play the games!!
mossnomore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dec 19 GB at Balt is a Pack win???
How? With the Pack's D as weak as it is now( and not that much chance to improve it much), J. Lewis WILL run all over the Pack. Pack O line vs. Balt. D line and LB's, call 911 'cause someone is getin' hurt (I know we have packer fans here, so I'll explain, Someone on the Packers).

Even a die hard Pack fan (should) has to see that.

As for the Viks......I agree with most of marshpit picks except I see the Viks losing week 11 @ GB and week 8 @ CAR.
marshpit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mossnomore, thanks for the back-up! I agree with about the Balt game. I can't see GB containing Ray Lewis and company. Someone is going to get hurt, best guess Favre! I really hate to see a guy like Favre (who is 1 year past his prime) put himself in such harms way! With MN recent additions, and an awesome draft, I think Favre will be running for his life against the vaunted purple! Like I said Favre's done...time to rebuild! As far as your predictions regarding the Vikes, my 12-4 prediction is definately a 'glass is half full' perspective. No matter what, I don't see the Vikes doing worse than 10-6! "The Pack will not make the playoffs...I gaurantee it!!!" Marshpit
hauschild

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If my memory serves me correctly, the last time we faced Baltimore we absolutely torched them.

Baltimore doesn't scare Green Bay because they can't score on offense. What scares Green Bay are teams like Indy or Minny that can score seemingly at will.

Here's to hoping the 'Queens blow their first pick on Mike Williams!!!
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no they'll let the clock run out again and get passed up
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
marshpit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that picking M. Williams with the #7 pick would be a mistake. I'm a fan of Merriman, or DJ! Just another piece of the puzle to solidify an awesome. 'punch you in the mouth' defense. as far as picking late, I'm pretty disappointed with K. Williams, he turned out to be a bust. Mr. Favre...meet Mr. Williams, and Mr. Merriman........
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think Kevin Williams, who led all d-tackles in sacks, was a bust?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rushpacker_56 wrote:
You think Kevin Williams, who led all d-tackles in sacks, was a bust?

No! I was just being sarcastic. K. Williams was the player we selected when we (Vikes) were late with our pick..look @ Stallyn's comment!
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably would have picked him anyways.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I uderstand it, he was the best player on our draft board! To be honest I don't think I want to see that again. Next time, we might not be so lucky.
marshpit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted This on another forum..I just thought I should make point known! Well, you can remember 'Marshpit'! Because I sticking with my predictions: Favre is done, GB will not post a better record than 8-8, You will not make the play offs, and they you will not beat the Vikes.

Disclaimers: Farve may put some OK #'s...because he will be forced to throw! your 'D' stinks..period! Forget about 8-8, you may only see 6 wins! Playoffs? Det. will be there before GB will! OK, the Nov. game bothers me a little. We have had a history of spliting with interdivisional teams...No matter how bad GB is..i.e even da bears seem to take one from us every year!
byzr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll be the first to admit it. our schedule isn't that rough. we play phillie, atl, and pittsburg. those are the best teams from last year. looking at the only thing that is concrete and known, not judging by people's off season moves looking at last years records and numbers, we wouldn't be hard pressed to go 12-4 or 11-5. giving up games to those three i mentioned up top and losing two to inter-divisional rivals.

i really think our offense will handle the baltimore D. they lost a lot when they lost hartwell and baxter. rolle is a good cover corner but he doesn't have that Raven toughness that baxter did. he was a dominate corner not just a cover corner and who are they going put next to Ray in thier 3-4?

you're a vikes fan so i can understand your predicitions.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byzr, I can appreciate your love yur team the 'vaunted' Greenbay Packers. I just will have to agree to disagree with your 2005-06 record prediction. I really see 8-8! Of course there is room to over-achieve and reach a 10-6 recoed...if that happened, we will see you in the playoffs, and I will shut my mouth!
hinzvikes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

byzr wrote:

i really think our offense will handle the baltimore D. they lost a lot when they lost hartwell and baxter. rolle is a good cover corner but he doesn't have that Raven toughness that baxter did. he was a dominate corner not just a cover corner and who are they going put next to Ray in thier 3-4?

The ravens are switching to a 4-3 so losing hartwell isn't that big of a deal that's why they were attempting to get Corey Simon from the Eagles and still may attempt to get another DT. Also, Samari Rolle is far better than Gary Baxter. The ravens have by far the best DB's in the game and by far the best overall D. And I really don't see the packers or vikings being able to handle it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: