Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Time to rebuild...Farve is done!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marshpit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I not with the opinion that Grossman, or Garcia will be, or ever will be better than Favre. Culpepper is the best QB in the North..hands down. Unfortunately, the inevitable decline in play of Favre (yes I know his #'s weren't bad the last couple of years: however, this year is going to very on ole Brett). As I've repeated, GB defense was one of the worse in the NFL last year (no arguements there!). What has GB done to improve there situation? You Have only lost people. Yes, you will get the 24th overall pick, but if you think that 1 rookie will turn the 'D' around, you are dead wrong!! GB no better than 6-10 I just don't see it! for those of you who say I haven't backed myself up, take a look at my breakdown of your 2005-2006 season. As far as the "hunches", isn't this what it's all about?
duxrule

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshpit wrote:
Here is why Green Bay will have a 6-10 record!

REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE:

Sunday, Sept. 11 at Detroit, 3:15 p.m. (FOX) L

Sunday, Sept. 18 Cleveland, 3:15 p.m. (CBS) W

Sunday, Sept. 25 Tampa Bay (Gold Package), noon (FOX) W

Monday, Oct. 3 at Carolina, 8 p.m. (ABC) L

Sunday, Oct. 9 New Orleans, noon (FOX) L

Sunday, Oct. 16 Open Date

Sunday, Oct. 23 at Minnesota, noon (FOX) L

Sunday, Oct. 30 at Cincinnati, noon (FOX) W

Sunday, Nov. 6 Pittsburgh, 3:15 p.m. (CBS) L

Sunday, Nov. 13 at Atlanta, 3:15 p.m. (FOX) L

Monday, Nov. 21 Minnesota (Gold Package), 8 p.m. (ABC) W

Sunday, Nov. 27 at Philadelphia, 3:15 p.m. (FOX) L

Sunday, Dec. 4 at Chicago, noon (FOX) L

Sunday, Dec. 11 Detroit, 7:30 p.m. (ESPN) W

Monday, Dec. 19 at Baltimore, 8 p.m. (ABC) L

Sunday, Dec. 25 Chicago, 4 p.m. (FOX) W

Sunday, Jan. 1 Seattle, 3:15 p.m. (FOX) L

Record 6-10 Enough said!

Seems like "Enough said!" you kinda come across as more than just hunching and more like stating a fact.

My "hunch" says that they won't lose to Seattle in GB and they won't lose to Chicago on Dec 4th, and I don't know why anybody would pick New Orleans to beat them unless yer a Saints or Vikes fan.

Like I said, DC showed he can do it last year, but now he lost his go-to stud, and we'll see what he can do with the bunch he's got now. I think he's going to see a drop off.
marshpit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like "Enough said!" you kinda come across as more than just hunching and more like stating a fact.

My "hunch" says that they won't lose to Seattle in GB and they won't lose to Chicago on Dec 4th, and I don't know why anybody would pick New Orleans to beat them unless yer a Saints or Vikes fan.

Like I said, DC showed he can do it last year, but now he lost his go-to stud, and we'll see what he can do with the bunch he's got now. I think he's going to see a drop off.

I'm absolutely throwing out a lot of speculation (hunches), no one in this forum (or in any other forum for that matter) knows beyond a shadow of a doubt regarding the future of there teams 2005-2006 success. I'm taking the facts at hand, and responding with some logical 'speculation'. As far as your hunch for regarding next years record, are saying GB is going 8-8? Sorry, unlike recent years ('04-'05 season), an 8-8 record will not make the playoffs. Worse case scenario, I have the Vikes @ 10-6; Lions @ 9-7; Chi 8-8
marshpit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick question, who @ the 24th pick is going to step in and make such a huge impact on your anemic defense?
byzr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mars, i think it's pretty silly really to speculate as much as you are about the seasons and the wins/loses. last year everyone expected the Vikes to do well, in fact a lot of people thought they may be bowl bound. they also thought that with the problems GB was having with McKenzie that they wouldn't be able to make the playoffs without some defensive overhaul. what happened the vikes slipped into the playoffs and GB won the division for the third year in a row. yeah we lost t the vikes in the playoffs and that was because we couldn't shut down the best weapon in the NFL but he's no longer on the team.

my point is that anything can happen. we made the playoffs last year with a lousy defense, it didn't do us very much good, or the vikes, but we were there.

how ever our defense will be better this year, and that doesn't have to mean we'll be in the top 5 of the league, the defensive coordinator upgrade is already enough to say that our defense will be better. you're right we haven't really done much of anything to help our D cause we can't our cap is terrible. there's been some ridiculous decisions made and we're paying for them, it's as simple as that. we signed arturo freeman a safety who's played for bates already and had comparable numbers to Darren Sharper so i'm not worried about him playing well. we'll draft another safety or get a veteran after the draft. who knows whats going to happen at corner. Carrol could turn out to be a dud or a stud, hopefully bates will have a lot to do with that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bizarre, I don’t see how you think a coach will make that much of a difference. Don’t fool yourself; players define a team, not the coaches! Your defense will undoubtedly be worse than last year, and last year wasn’t ‘pretty’ my friend. I know, I watched the Vikes all year. We have an awesome ‘D’ coach as well, didn’t get us too far. With one year under his belt, and better PLAYERS I think Cottrell will have more impact as a DC. At least the Vikes have made huge strides in solidifying a strong defensive to compliment an already potent offense (please drop the Randy Moss loss; we averaged 25+ points w/o him. He is an awesome talent, and an awesome headache.) I know that the GB fans have tried to break down every negative angle regarding our off-season acquisitions. Do you really believe what you preach? Let’s see, P. Williams, a legitimate run stopper (Gilbert Brown). N. Harris, injured most of the year, and placed in a 3-4 (not his strength); he will surprise you! Sam Cowart a very solid player (intelligent) is a definite upgrade from our LB core of last year. Fred Smoot, only 25 and the potential to shut down 1 side of the field. D. Sharper, admit it, he was a ‘D’ leader for GB, and has at least 2 years left in the tank! Aaron Kampman, nice DE, enough said! As far as the draft, it’s unlikely that at #24 you will find an immediate impact player. I would suggest FA; you know ‘battle tested veterans’ as opposed to pinning your hopes on a weak draft. But if we want to compare apples to apples, the Vikes, already greatly improved, has the #7, #18, #49 overall picks. Whose got more potential to draft a ‘impact player’, I will let you do the math!
byzr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do believe coaching makes a huge difference. Jon Gruden took the Bucs to the super bowl and won in one year. he dismantled the team the following years but i think everyone would see that was a bad idea. i'm not saying that the Dfense will be a top 5 but i am saying that it will be better than last year.
talented coaches/players define a team. yeah and Harris can't surprise anyone if he's injured and Cowart is also coming off a bad season, was he injured last year? sharper well he's smart but he's losing his abilities and we replaced him with Arturo Freeman. We can still match the Kampman offer sheet, right? i have a 'HUNCH' that Bates new system and coaching will improve our defense to top 20 or 15 status and soon a solid defense.

we can't afford the price that the "battle tested veterans" are at right now. as far as talent at #24 let's see Nick Barnett 2003 draft pick number 29. i think he's working out just fine. Ed Reed was a late 20's round pick up. Brodney Poole is looking good, Darryl Blackstock looks like a monster LB, Carlos Rogers should be around, and Dan Cody are all on my wish list and i would say all of them could come in and make an impact. i don't know that they will but that's to be determined.

both teams had terrible defenses last year, one better than the other but both in the bottom half of the league. the vikes we're able to sign a bunch of FA and we've signed like 3.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys got my last post, correct? The one stating BRETT FAVRE IS STILL THE BEST QUARTERBACK IN THE NFL??? It's an argument I will forever win.

I love it! I read Favre returning meant 10 Packer Games where 90 - 100 percent of the nation will get the game. Some should quantify what the networks are making on Brett.

Brett deserves some kickback for his stellar persona. The guy is single-handedly keeping FOX afloat!
byzr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah but i think he's making a nice little amount for the season......... lol
anyone know what his cap/salary numbers are?

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when wahle was going to make like 10-10.5 milllion it was said he would be second to favre in cap cost so use your imagination i suppose
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
marshpit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI: This is how the Vikes will be 12-4, and the new NFC North Divisional Champions!
week 1 TB -W
week 2 @ CIN -W
week 3 NO -W
week 4 @ ATL -L
week 5 BYE
week 6 @ CHI -W
week 7 Green Bay Oct. 23-W
week 8 @ CAR-W
week 9 DET-W
week 10 @NYG-W
week 11 @ Green Bay Nov. 21-W
week 12 CLV-W
week 13 @ DET-L
week 14 STL-W
week 15 PIT-L
week 16 @BTL x-mas night- L
week 17 CHI-W

Da Vikes 12-4.............
Da Pack 6-10............. 4th in the NFC North
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chicago's d will take advantage of no moss and you'll split that series,plus look what they did when you had moss pretty good i think
minnesota/green bay always splits and this year won't be different
probably 10-6 vikings(wouldnt it be great if minnesota lost their last three and backed into the playoffs again or not at all)
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
marshpit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
chicago's d will take advantage of no moss and you'll split that series,plus look what they did when you had moss pretty good i think
minnesota/green bay always splits and this year won't be different
probably 10-6 vikings(wouldnt it be great if minnesota lost their last three and backed into the playoffs again or not at all)

I'll give you 11-5..the only reason GB has a chance in Nov.....the game is @ Lambeau possible inclement weather!
byzr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

think you'll beat us both times huh? you're as much a die hard vikes fan as i am a packer fan man, gotta respect that. here's our corrected record as well as a win by win :
16-0
# 1 Defense & Offense in the league and Super Bowl Champions.

in reality i'll say
Sep 11 @Detroit W
Sep 18 Cleveland W
Sep 25 Tampa Bay W
Oct 3 @Carolina W
Oct 9 New Orleans W
Week 6 BYE
Oct 23 @Minnesota L
Oct 30 @Cincinnati W
Nov 6 Pittsburgh L
Nov 13 @Atlanta L
Nov 21 Minnesota W
Nov 27 @Philadelphia L
Dec 4 @Chicago W
Dec 11 Detroit W
Dec 19 @Baltimore W
Dec 25 Chicago W
Jan 1 Seattle W
12-4
doesn't seem like our strength of schedule is that bad. we have some teams that have made a lot of moves like the vikes, detroit, and baltimore and i don't know how well it's going to work out for them.
but yeah i see GB having a much better season than they did last year. having a Dfensive coordinator and the new general manager are going to make a world of difference.

i forgot we will win the North for the fourth year in a row. i not going into the playoffs because thats all to suspect.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

byzr wrote:
think you'll beat us both times huh? you're as much a die hard vikes fan as i am a packer fan man, gotta respect that. here's our corrected record as well as a win by win :
16-0
# 1 Defense & Offense in the league and Super Bowl Champions.

in reality i'll say
Sep 11 @Detroit W
Sep 18 Cleveland W
Sep 25 Tampa Bay W
Oct 3 @Carolina W
Oct 9 New Orleans W
Week 6 BYE
Oct 23 @Minnesota L
Oct 30 @Cincinnati W
Nov 6 Pittsburgh L
Nov 13 @Atlanta L
Nov 21 Minnesota W
Nov 27 @Philadelphia L
Dec 4 @Chicago W
Dec 11 Detroit W
Dec 19 @Baltimore W
Dec 25 Chicago W
Jan 1 Seattle W
12-4
doesn't seem like our strength of schedule is that bad. we have some teams that have made a lot of moves like the vikes, detroit, and baltimore and i don't know how well it's going to work out for them.
but yeah i see GB having a much better season than they did last year. having a Dfensive coordinator and the new general manager are going to make a world of difference.

i forgot we will win the North for the fourth year in a row. i not going into the playoffs because thats all to suspect.

I can also respect you passion for your Team. Your schedule doesn't look too bad, who really knows, look at San Diego last year. Where did they come from, and what happened to Drew Brees--Hey could be your new QB! I can also respect your positive vibe regarding your predictions. I think it's going to be tough to beat DET and CHI twice, MIN will give you a hell of a war in Lambeau, and CAR is a lot better than they played at the beginning of last season. I guess that would bring me to an 8-8 for the Pack. Oh no, I might need to retract my 6-10 prediction.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: