Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Time to rebuild...Farve is done!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marshpit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Time to rebuild...Farve is done! Reply with quote

You have to admit, no matter how Packer faithful you are, the Packer's should start rebuilding now! Farve is done, he should have hung them up this year...what is he thinking. We don't have a defense and the o-line has been decimated. Ahman is the only decent player left, and he will have his worst year yet. Farve is just another legend who doesn't know when to quit! Unfortunately, I think the Pack will sucking hind tit. I have the Vikes 1st, Det. 2nd, Chi 3rd. Sorry fellow pack fans, this is the beginning of the end Crying or Very sad
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you jump to this conclusion that the packers are going to suck based on what exactly? brett favre put up some of his best numbers last year and just because he hasn't gotten that playoff monkey off his back doesn't mean they won't dominate in the regular season as usual. yeah they started off terrible last year , however that has been commnplace in Green Bay lately start off slow and catch up to the vikes when they give up at the end of the year. as for chicago and detroit they keep getting rave reviews every single year but wins matter and they haven't got those yet
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
KiwiFan94

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow you put CHI and DET ahead of us come on they still don't have the players to beat us. The Vikes do but it will probably be a split game they win one and we win one. Farve still has something to bring to the table he still can throw up 2,000 or 3,000 a year. I think Ahman has he worst year this one and will be better next. I will give you that we don't have a defense but we are a couple players away from having a decent D. How can you say Ahman is the only decent player left have you forgot Flannigan, Henderson, Walker, Driver, Taucher, KGB, Barnett, Diggs, Jackson, Harris, and Clifton. We should either win the division and we make the playoffs.

~Mozilla on the sig~
marshpit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Packers will suck because: the o-line is depleated=below average; Farve is entering his first year past his prime, the best is behind him. With out an o-line, and ineffective running game..why 'cause teams are going to load 8 in the box...thus, A. Green average at best. The defense is mor e pourous than swiss cheese. To sum it up, the Pack will be playing from behind the entire season...Farve will throw, and throw to play catch up. He will not only reach a career high in interceptions, his consecutive games played will end. A. Green will eek out 900 yds, and take an awful beating. The defense will rank in the bottom 5 of the league. Again, the vikes will be #1, Det. #2, and Chi. #3...At least we will get a good draft pick next year.
byzr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: where do i begin Reply with quote

what kind of evidence do you have to say that favre should hang em up. was it his 30 td's or his 4000 yards he threw for this year, or maybe it was him moving into fourth all time on the winningest QB's off all time. where in the name of Lombardi are coming up with the idea that he's ready to start thinking about being finished because he's not good enough. if he wants to retire to deal with family issues that's another reason completely but to say favre is slipping is just wrong and i know everyone agrees with me.

eventually he will retire, i don't think for another two years personally unless diana or his kids ask him to, and we will have to "rebuild" but if we bring in quality guys while he's here and let him just be Brett Favre we can make a run at the super bowl every year.

Ahman is the only good player we have left!!!!!!!! this is how i know that you know absolutely nothing about football. KGB top 3 sacks last year, Javon Walker top 3 recieving yards & top 10 recieving TD's, and we still have a good offensive line. Flannigan will be back to play G or C and scott Wells and Grey did pretty good job filling in to say the least last year.

Not a nock to Ahman but he wasn't even in the top 10 of anything last year not yards or TD's.

look at what you say before you post it.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So KBG and Barnett are just practice team players to you I guess. What about Walker, Tauscher, Flanagan, Clifton, and Franks.

Ohh yeah Favre is still a Top 5 in the league.
KiwiFan94

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is the O-Line depleted we lost two guards but we keep 3 starters I think they will do just fine.

~Mozilla on the sig~
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could also replace those guards with ease with some line movement and the help of Wells and Barry.

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, chicken little, is the sky falling too? I am so sick of this, every year is "the year" the Packers fall from grace, so to speak. Are the Packers the same team they were in '96, of course not, but they are not a bad ball club either, and there are a lot of teams that would love to be us.
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, I just hope this isn't the year we actually do began to tumble. Then these dudes could hammer us forever. I think that we will begin to slide when Favre retires.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green Bay will make the playoffs with a heady draft. A draft like last year will cost dearly.

The Lions and Bears don't have snowball's chance in hell at the playoffs. So, that'll leave Green Bay around 9-7 and possibly a wildcard.

The 'Queens on the other hand, will always be the 'Queens. So much talent, but management, like many from the land of 10,000 lakes, ain't too bright.

Minnesota will probably end up 12-4 with another playoff loss to add to their pathetic playoff history.
duxrule

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshpit wrote:
The Packers will suck because: the o-line is depleated=below average; Farve is entering his first year past his prime, the best is behind him. With out an o-line, and ineffective running game..why 'cause teams are going to load 8 in the box...thus, A. Green average at best. The defense is mor e pourous than swiss cheese. To sum it up, the Pack will be playing from behind the entire season...Farve will throw, and throw to play catch up. He will not only reach a career high in interceptions, his consecutive games played will end. A. Green will eek out 900 yds, and take an awful beating. The defense will rank in the bottom 5 of the league. Again, the vikes will be #1, Det. #2, and Chi. #3...At least we will get a good draft pick next year.

What world are you in?????????
Driver and Walker both went over 1,000 yards and 10 TDs. Brett threw for over 3,000 and 30 TD's AGAIN, and pretty sure that MOST QB's in the league didn't TOUCH that, so writing Brett off, is just plain foolish when he's outplaying 20+ league QB's. I won't even bother with the rest of the O-line comments, because yer obviously looking for a rise or just not paying attention.
DarthFavre

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Packers will do pretty well this year.They won't suck thats for sure. we have never had a losing season as long as Favre has been on the team.I don't think marshpit is a Packers fan anyway.Didn't anyone notice he didn't spell Favre correctly.What self respecting Packers fan would misspell Favre?I think he's just trying to get a rise out of us.Thats just my opinion,I could be wrong
mossnomore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey ya'll.
Granted I am not up on all of GB's off season moves, so i will just ask. I know the Pack lost 2 really good OG's, who have they signed or have to replace them? I think the reason marshpit thinks it's over for Farve is the loss to the O line. It's hard to throw for 3,000 yards while laying on your back.
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guards hurt our passing game more than anything. I know that Wahle and Rivera will be hard to replace, but it's not that hard to find a pai of adequate starting guards.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: