You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Improved!! Fantastic 2 round Mock w/ 2 trades..CHECK IT!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Grade Your Team
A
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
B
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
C
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
D
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
F
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

Broncos ..Crazy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Improved!! Fantastic 2 round Mock w/ 2 trades..CHECK IT!! Reply with quote

Buffalo trades picks # 12, # 44 and #76 to Cleveland for #4 and #100
New England trades picks #28 and #60 to Carolina for #14

Round 1

1: Oakland Raiders - JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU– with a new coach he will want to get his franchise QB, and Russell is a monster with a bigger arm.

2: Detroit Lions – Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin – they took they guy to dinner, which with his size was probably not cheap, but Thomas will help out the offense a lot, with giving them time to pass and room to run

3: Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech - easy pick Calvin is the best player in the draft and is the best, he is an amazing talent and has tremendous speed, hands, and body control, he is the best WR prospect since Keyshawn Johnson

4: Buffalo Bills (from Cleveland) – Alan Branch, DT, Michigan – well the Browns trade down and the Bills come up and choose Branch, Branch is an absolute monster and will help the Bills soft run defense

5: Arizona Cardinals - Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson – with Thomas off the board they grab the stud pass rusher, Adams is a beast and is very fast for his size, quiet and easy pick here

6: Washington Redskins – Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas – With Adams off the board they are not hesitant to grab Anderson, I watched him against Wisconsin and he was making Joe Thomas look bad

7: Minnesota Vikings - Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC – since Jackson seems to be the man, Jarrett would be and instant weapon to him, and help him out, Jarrett has good size, hands and great body control, he is a huge game changer

8: Houston Texans – Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma – after not drafting Reggie Bush last year the Texans take a sigh of relief when Peterson falls to them at. We know he has all the talent the question is can he stay healthy

9: Miami Dolphins – Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame – they could go secondary here, but with Dante being a bust, and Harrington just flat out bad, they take their future QB right here, Brady is a tremendous athlete but its gets over shadowed by his inability to win the big game

10: Atlanta Falcons – LaRon Landry, S, LSU – well the falcons haven’t wanted to upgrade their safety position for a long time now they finally do when Landry falls to them, he can cover, play the run and hit

11: San Francisco 49ers - Reggie Nelson, S, Florida – they take the best defensive player still available, though some might want a corner, Nelson can cover like a corner and hit like a linebacker, he is a complete ball hawk

12: Cleveland Browns (from Buffalo) – Marshawn Lynch, RB, California – trading back was a great thing for the browns, they grab the explosive Marshawn Lynch, he has great speed, vision, and can break arm tackles, and a defiant game breaker

13: St Louis Rams – Patrick Willis, LB, Ole Miss – the rams rush d was poor last season so they take the best line backer in the draft, he is very athletic and hardly ever misses a tackle

14: New England Patriots (from Carolina) – Ted Ginn Jr, WR, Ohio State – many question the trade up by the Pats, but Ginn is one of the more explosive players and is probably the fastest, he will open up the field for Watson

15: Pittsburgh Steelers – Levi Brown, OT, Penn State – when you let up nine sacks in a game you no your o-line needs work, Brown is an absolute beast and will help the offense in both the run and pass

16: Green Bay Packers – Darrelle Revis, CB, Pittsburgh – some Packers fans don’t think they need a CB, but when you give up over 400 passing yards to Joey Harrington, your secondary needs some help.

17: Jacksonville Jaguars – Paul Posluszny, LB, Penn State – not many needs on offense besides o-line and possibly qb they grab the all American line backer

18: Cincinnati Bengals – Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville – corner back is also a need but when the teenager falls to them they cant pass up on him, he is good and only a teen, the sky is the limit for this guy

19: Tennessee Titans – Sidney Rice, WR, South Carolina – Vince cant be the whole offense, the titans have to give the guys some weapons, rice is very talented, has good size and runs great routes

20: New York Giants – Leon Hall, CB, Michigan – the Giants defense suffered a lot of injuries but the corner position is a need for the giants, R.W is flat out bad and some think running back here but Brandon Jacobs is very capable of being a pro bowl back

21: Denver Broncos – Quentin Moses, DE, Georgia – DT is also a need but with Okoye off the board they take Moses, having a poor senior year brought him down but workouts could bring him back up, and the secondary wouldn’t be as bad as it seems if we had a pass rush

22: Dallas Cowboys – Justin Blalock, OG, Texas – with the discovering of Tony Romo made the cowboys motivated to think line here, when given time Romo is completely accurate

23: Kansas City - Robert Meachem, WR, Tennessee – kind of high for him but the cheifs don’t have many game breakers on the offense besides Johnson and Gonzalez, Meachem is a great talent and can be a great WR in the pros

24: New England (from Seattle) – Michael Griffin, S, Texas – after fixing one of their needs they grab the top notch safety, Harrison is getting older and never seems to healthy, Griffin has great size and abilities for a safety

25: New York Jets - Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska – a great senior bowl has moved him up and could move him up more, Carriker is a monster, he is 6’6 and can rush the passer and stop the run to

26: Philadelphia Eagles – LaMarr Woodley, DE/OLB, Michigan – think of a Merriman or a Ware, Woodley will be an instant upgrade to the Eagles defense; he is a phenomenal pass rusher and can stop the run to

27: Baltimore Ravens – Michael Bush, RB, Louisville – with Lewis likely being released, Bush is the perfect fit for the ravens, he is a physical runner just like the rest of the team

28: San Diego Chargers – Dwayne Bowe, WR, LSU – a bit of a stretch pick but the chargers have been lacking that number one stand out receiver, look at their playoff game and how many drops their were

29: New Orleans Saints – Marcus McCauley, CB, Fresno State – with the amazing young offense of the saints they just go defense, and grab the guy with the coolest name in the draft

30: Carolina Panthers (from New England) – Brandon Merriweather – had an amazing junior season, but this past year fell as the hurricanes did, he will mostly be remembered for taking off his helmet and swinging it at a FIU player during the brawl

31: Indianapolis Colts – Quinn Pitcock, DT, Ohio State – the colts run d was pitiful this past season, that’s all there is to say

32: Chicago Bears – Lawrence Timmons, LB, Florida State – Timmons is much more talented than the last pick in the 1st, and with Briggs most likely being gone they grab the stud to replace him

Round 2

33: Oakland Raiders – Joe Staley, OT, Central Michigan – ok you got your quarter back now protect him, the raiders qb couldn’t even get ut of bed without being sacked last year, Staley is big and quick and will help the raiders o-line

34: Detroit Lions – Charles Johnson, DE, Georgia – had better numbers than Moses this past year but more attention was on Moses, Johnson is still a fast DE that can get to the quarter back in a hurry

35: Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Jarvis Moss, DE, Florida – you got Calvin now you work on your other need, Moss is a Monster at 6’6 and just over powers people

36: Cleveland Browns – Brandon Frye, OT, Virginia Tech – Frye is an under the radar tackle, he is average size but has great technique, and it will make Cleveland have one good Frye (lol)

37: Arizona Cardinals – Tony Ugoh, OT, Arkansas – since they didn’t go tackle in the first they do now, Ugoh is a monster and will make edge look like his regular self

38: New York Jets (from Washington) – Daymeion Hughes, CB, California – with the offense doing fine, the jets continue to help out the defense, Hughes was the Pac-10 defensive player of the year and should be an immediate starter

39: Minnesota Vikings – Brian Leonard, FB, Rutgers – I think the Viking will pick up a corner like Clements in FA, so they grab the unbelievable FB, he has tremendous speed, he can make good cuts and do it all, run, block catch, I think he would bring a new look to the Vikings run game, and do a lot for the offense

40: Houston Texans – Eric Weddle, S, Utah – they got the superstar running back and now they work on the young defense, and Weddle can do anything you need him to

41: Miami Dolphins – Aaron Ross, CB, Texas – Miami’s secondary is not good at all and Ross has the ability to be a first year starter

42: Atlanta Falcons – Anthony Gonzalez, WR, Ohio State – finally a wide receiver that can catch, he may not be a big play guy but he is he possession receiver and has great hands

43: San Francisco 49ers – Steve Smith, WR, USC – they still need to get one more good weapon for Smith and Smith has the potential to maybe be the next Steve Smith

44: Cleveland Browns (from Buffalo) – Tank Tyler, DT, NC State – after spending the first two picks on offense they help out the defense, Tyler falls this low because of some character issues, but can be a dominant run stopper

45: St Louis Rams – Justin Harrell, DT, Tennessee – a bit of a stretch pick, but Harrell has the size and ability to really help the rams rush defense

46: Carolina Panthers – Rufus Alexander, LB, Oklahoma – the panther front line cant do it all they need a good line backing core and panther fans prayers are answered when Rufus falls this far

47: Pittsburgh Steelers – Victor Abiamiri, DE, Notre Dame – has the size and ability to be the dominant pass rusher the Steelers have wanted, and I think he fits the Steelers

48: Green Bay Packers – Zach Miller, TE, Arizona State – Bubba Franks is horrible, he drops passes and when he catches them he fumbles on the one yard line, its time to get a real tight end and miller is he best one in the draft

49: Jacksonville Jaguars – Johnnie Lee Higgins, WR, UTEP – the senior bowl practices have shown what this guy can do, and his size and athletic ability will help him in work out and move him into the second round

50: Cincinnati Bengals – Chris Houston, CB, Arkansas – the Bengals pass defense was one of the worst in the NFL and after not going corner in the first they do it in the second, Houston stock is rising and is one of the fastest guys I have seen

51: Tennessee Titans – H.B Blades, LB, Pittsburgh – he falls and the titans are happy, he can help their defense right away and probably be a first year starter, and what a cool name to have on your team

52: New York Giants – Aaron Sears, OT, Tennessee – the Giants still have defensive needs but I think Eli would be a lot better if he had more time and didn’t have to make hurried throws

53: Denver Broncos – Aaron Rouse, S, Virginia Tech
– he has the size of a line backer but can cover like a corner, he is fast, and he can HIT!! And that is what you want on a defense, well that’s what I want for the broncos

54: Dallas Cowboys - Ryan Harris, OT, Notre Dame
– maybe a bit of a stretch but this draft will help the cowboys line for the next decade, and you cant do much with out time and room to run

55: Kansas City Chiefs – Marcus Thomas, DT, Florida – as much as I dislike the chiefs this would be a great second pick, he can plug wholes and apply pressure, was part of one of the best defenses in the country

56: Seattle Seahawks – Ray McDonald, DE, Florida – he can play both DE and DT, he can stop the run and apply pressure on the QB, which would help out the Seahawks secondary and their run defense

57: New York Jets – Anthony Spencer, DE, Purdue – Spencer and Carriker will be instant helpers to the poor jets d-line, Spencer is going to be a DE/OLB but is still good enough to be at DE

58: Philadelphia Eagles – Eric Wright, CB, UNLV – after grabing a DE in the first they get a CB in the second, Wright is very good in coverage and his stock is on the rise

59: Baltimore Ravens – Troy Smith, QB, Ohio State – the ravens defense was the best in the NFL so they continue to help the offense, sure he is only 6’0, but he won the HEISMAN, you have to be good to do that

60: San Diego Chargers – Josh Beckman, OG, Boston College – along with Marcus, San Diego would have one of the best young lines in the NFL, and when Beckman falls they cant pass him up

61: New Orleans Saints – Buster Davis, LB, Florida State – wow they don’t think about passing him up when Davis falls this far, this will really help out the saints defense and take pressure off the offense

62: Carolina Panthers (from New England) – Greg Olsen, TE, Miami – trading back was worth it when they get the second best TE, man I don’t even know the name of the panthers tight end he is that bad, finally a TE threat

63: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (from Indy) – Doug Free, OT, Northern Illinois – so now they just need to get time so Simms can get the ball to CJ and Caddy didn’t do anything last year and it wasn’t his fault

64: Chicago Bears – Manny Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech – his stock is on the rise and has great size and will be a great fit in Chicago

Worked Hard so Leave Feedback

Last edited by Broncos ..Crazy on Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:27 am; edited 4 times in total
Young Legend

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 Great picks for the raiders..
Eagles27

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would the eagles draft two DE's? Confused I like Crowder but change the first round to a DB.

#JDI
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

leon hall in the 1st? total CRAP.. hes slow!!!!!! the giants dont need another slow CB to go along with webster, mcquarters, and madison
Broncos ..Crazy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles27 wrote:
Why would the eagles draft two DE's? Confused I like Crowder but change the first round to a DB.

sorry i made so many changes i forgot what position some teams got in the first

how about now
thejedi41

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be okay with draft for the bucs! Doug free would be a WICKED PICK IN THE LATE 2ND ROUND. Right before the Bears too. I LOVE IT!
Eagles27

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's better, it fills a need.

Good Draft. Cool

#JDI
bobloblaw86

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the 1st rounder by the Jags - Poz is falling and with the emergence of Clint Ingram, stellar play of Darryl Smith and return of Mike Peterson, we have a good LB corps already. With the way Michael Griffin played at the Senior Bowl (both him and Meriweather really impressed me), I don't think he would be a reach with the 17th pick. You redeemed yourself with the 2nd rounder - I really like Higgins and he gives us a legitimate deep threat to stretch the field and give our other WR's some space to make plays.

Jamison. on the sig
Kazkal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather have timmons myself but woulden't complain about Okoye...Love houston in the 2nd that deserves A+++

Question tradedown for the browns...I just don't see bills coughing up that much for player who could fall to them at 12...not likely but ngata went what 13? last year and there more or less the same player.
Raptor44

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the second round pick but I hate the first round pick. Vince doesn't have to be the whole offense. We've got Jones, Wade, Givens, Troupe, Scaife, and Hall for him to throw to already and Orr looks like he's going to develop into our number one guy.

Adam Carriker or Leon Hall in the first and you'd have a great draft for the Titans, but because of the Rice pick I'd have to say D for the Titans.

DO NOT BENCH FOWLER
babolat2389

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jets wont draft 2 cbs in the 2nd round. give us spencer at one of those picks or grubs
Broncos ..Crazy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

babolat2389 wrote:
jets wont draft 2 cbs in the 2nd round. give us spencer at one of those picks or grubs

oops i made a lot of changes so some teams have repete positions at their picks, so i fixed it, what do u think now
AntonioGates

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like both Charger picks. Bowe would be a great future #2 reciever, although he is better suited for the WCO, and Beekman would be the replacement for Goff on the right side in 2008.

FYI, the Chargers pick 30th both rounds.
vikingschamps

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good vikings first round pick. i would love it if they picked up clements in FA, but if they do they wont draft Leonard. Gonzalas or miller would be the choices

Cali2Wisco wrote:
Mark my words:Badgers WILL win the Big Ten in 07
Marked

coltsR#1 wrote:
Mark my words......Purdue will beat OSU.
bigcatJC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Panthers - I like the trade down. There's a couple of problems though. First, the trade of 14 for 28 and 60 doesn't give the Panthers fair value using the draft charts all the teams seem to use. 14 = 1100, 28 (660) + 60 (300) = 960. If the Pats threw in their 3rd rounder at 92 (132), it would balance out. Second, you gave the Panthers picks 30 and 62 in your mocks.

As far as the picks go, they certainly fit needs. Brandon Merriweather at 28 or 30 would be nice talent-wise. Of course, the Panthers don't take chances on character after the Rae Carruth mess. His stomping role in the Florida International brawl may keep him away from Carolina.

46 - Rufus Alexander
62 - Greg Olsen

These are nice picks, but if the Panthers are actually at 46 & 60 in the second round, things could go differently. At 46, they could draft Zach Miller and have the best TE in the draft. At 60, they could fill the LB need quite well with Buster Davis. It all depends on our new OC and if he actually wants to throw to the TEs, unlike our recent past.

Thanks!

J. R. R. Tolkien

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: