Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Michael Muņoz?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the Bengals draft Mike Muņoz if he is there in Round 3?
Yes
60%
 60%  [ 6 ]
No
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

THE DUKE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Michael Muņoz? Reply with quote

If Mike Muņoz is there in round three, does anyone think the Bengals look long and hard at taking the hall of famers son to follow in the footsteps of his dad? I thinkhe could be a dynamite RG next to Big Willie, and a backup RT to Willie at that. IF they can get Davis and Spencer in the first two rounds and Muņoz is still there in round three, I thinkthey should pull the trigger on that one.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
starkesn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that would be a smart decision, but I think that with a lot of teams in need of Offensive line help, he might not be an option at that pick. If he is there, you pull the trigger, but I am a little worried that because of his father's name and reputation in Bengaldom, he might be expected to play above his actual ability. He is good, no doubt in that, but comparing him to his father isn't fair to him. I do think a guard would be smart because I am not sold on Bobby Williams being the answer. I would love to pick up David Baas out of Michigan. I am not sure where he might go in the draft. I know he played Guard in college, but he is listed as a center on ESPN's position rankings. If NFL teams are looking at definatly switching him to center, who would take a center higher than us? I would be exstatic if he fell to us in round two because of the fact he might switch to center. However, I would actually keep him at guard. With him and Steinbach teaming up at guard, I can only imagine the holes Rudi will have to run through. That said, I am a little torn as to what to do in the first round. Someone will fall no doubt, but I am begingin to think that Davis will not make it past the Saints. I doubt Marvin would trade up for him, so I think that changes who we take in round two. After Davis and Shazor, who do we take at SS? We need someone for sure, so how long can we wait in the draft to take one? I have a feeling that if we miss out on Davis and Shazor, we might not find a sure fire player at SS.
skopi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the Bengals need to look at other positions than a backup LOT.

I could see a center in the 3rd. Maybe a WR or safety. Even a defensive lineman (many people have Mike Patterson in the 1st or 2nd but maybe his lack of height makes him fall?). Of course, maybe a LB would also work there.

With Munoz's injury problems he could slide considerably.

This is going to be an interesting draft. NO could go Thomas Davis. They could also go with a tackle. Teams switching to 3-4s could cause an early run on DLs or OLBs/DE hybrids. Not many teams truly need a QB (or think they do) so one of the 2 QBs could slide. NO may be tired of Brooks inconsistency and consider Alex Smith there.

is it draft day yet?

sko
pickledpigsfeet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see him going until the 4th or 5th round due to injury concerns. The talent is there but...
ShakeNbake2128

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best thing about drafting Michael Munoz would be maybe you could talk Anthony Munoz into coming back to coach the offensive line.

Charger-man thanks for the sweet sig and Scar for the avatar.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bengals oline coach is pretty good, but it would never hurt to have a hal of famer give some advice. I was thinking more about having Munoz convert to play right guard. He is athletic enough to pull, and is a good run blocker. He would also provide depth as a back up tackle in case of emergency, but I think he would be a serious upgrade over Bobby Williams, but if he can fall to round 4 or 5, that would be gravy there.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Cantstop85

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEPENDS WHO WE GET BEFORE THE 3RD ROUND.
GO BENGALS!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: