Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Surprising Trades and FA pickups this offseason
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Surprising Trades and FA pickups this offseason Reply with quote

Do any of you think we will make any surprising trades or free agent pickups this offseason?

While I don't believer there will be any big FA pickups this offseason there might be a chance we trade Mason. ONly a small chance, but a chance nontheless.
A man who works for the titans and post on the message boards has posted some interesting info. Rolle and Mason have the same agent as EG. Between Rolle and mason one has agreed to renegotiate and one wants to wait. He believes the one that wants to wait is Mason. So we might trade Mason and maybe try to pickup Porter or Buress. He said that we have renegotiated with several people and will be under the cap next season. He also has mentioned we've had scouts at several Raider games to scout J. Porter.
I'm not sure how much of this is true, but he's been a good source so far.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we do get Porter, there will be alot of athleticism on offence. But i dont see us pickin any free agent up. But i luv to see Plaxico or Porter, either one is fine to me.
Mason is great, but when u look at our football team, its gettin ready for the future. Mason could probably play untill he's 36 but why not get a guy younger with the same price. I would hate to see him go.

Oh yeah bulluckthebeast is Floyd Reese goin to leave Tennessee?
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLoyd may want to leave but it won't be this year. He's under contract through next year. Floyd may leave after that, but I see Fisher leaving before Floyd.
Burton

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would hate to see Mason go, but I would rather have plax then porter, plax just has alot more talent and size than porter.
cowboys=bigtimeoffseason

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can one of you explain to me the Titans cap issues
ChrisBrown

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you read the Tennessean you can tell that its Mason starting all stir of being a Cap casualty or being trade bait maybe just so the FO hears . Read todays article talking about EDDIE being a cap cut for no reason give me a break it was his agent who got all three together to stone wall the TITANS eddie was just a greedy bastard going for that extra cash . Was it worth it now eddie being inactive for 2 straight games and ruining your HOF chances.

The talks between MASON and FRONT OFFICE will start after the game sunday so we should know pretty quickly how well they are going through the news . I think alot of it will come down to MCNAIR he will have a big time say in how this goes since he isnt going to come back with no Mason there . If he is traded for a 2nd or 3rd could change our top pick from Def to WR MIKE WILLIAMS really quick
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cowboys=bigtimeoffseason wrote:
can one of you explain to me the Titans cap issues

I'm no cap expert so I can't explain everything to you. From my understanding our cap problems in a nutshell are we've signed people to so many big contracts and we've pushed all the money into the next three seasons instead of paying them now.
Burton

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't live in Tennesse, so if you find an article about that could you paste it on here?
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burton I searched the internet for some articles but I couldn't find any. The best I could do is this http://titanscentral.net this is layed out kinda of complicated, but it should serve the purpose. You can click on 05 cap or browse the talk zone.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honeslty think tennessee will trade down this year.
they can honeslty can get anybody, its too hard to tell right now.
But if we release Mason, we'll definelty pick Edwards or Williams.
If we cant get Hopkins to deal and we release him and keep fred. vice versa. then we will get an O-line but i dont see that happening.
But if we keep Mase, and the rest to resign(except Dyson then the titans will get defence first.) maybe a DJ, Mathias Kiwanuka, Rolle. I say that will be their top defensive players.

The Titans major problem is on defense, and they really should consider to fix that first. Oline will be better next year whoever plays right tackle.

Do u think Carlos Hall will return???
let me know what ya think
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlos Hall got the same agent as Kearse so I'm sure he's gonna demand more money than he's worth. If mason leaves I don't think we'll draft reciever with our first pick unless we trade down. I see us going after Porter or Plexico. We'll definately release Miller this offseason in my opinion. Hopkins will restructure. He's old and there wouldn't be any demand for him besides probably a back up in the market. Theres no way we draft Rolle he's a headcase and cover corners aren't as coveted as they were last year. I also think Kiwi is out of the question. WE drafted 3 De's last year I think they'll pan out, and I know Kiwi has amazing abilities. Reese wouldn't admit he made a wrong decision on drafting all the ends in just a year. A reliable source on the titans message boards has said Benson and DJ are 1 and 2 on our board. RT is probably our number one need, but there is no one worth the third pick. That is why I think we take a tackle like Mcneil in the second or Munoz in the third. RT could be fixed by putting Pillar or Bell there, but we need a future LT. Honestly our defense is good except our d-line. WE just had a huge amount of injuries. Next year we'll be good because all the rookies got 5x as much PT as expected. Look at Randy Starks he's coming along.
If you think about it we really don't have any glaring weakness. WE have small weakness i.e. S,CB,T,DE, but DE and CB can be worked out by the rookies getting experience. I can see us drafting a safety in the third or beyond for depth. Tank may not be ready by next year, Schultere may be a cap casualty, and Thompson hasn't looked spectacular but he's shown a little upside.

I know I should've made a few paragraphs, but it's late and I'm kinda out of it.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do u know how big of waste it will be if we picked Benson with our first pick. They said they want to keep Antwan Smith, or they can get eddie back. We just need a big back for short yardage.
I would kill myself if we picked Benson. Thats our least problem right now is at running back. Running back is our best position on the whole freakin team.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt you'll have to worry about Benson now that we pick 6. Dolphins and Bucs will go after him. I imagine we draft DJ for sure if he is there and we don't trade down. You still have to worry about R.Brown though.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will you tell me whats the big deal with the need of runningbacks?
WE DONT NEED ONE!!!!!!!!
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we don't need one with our first pick and probably not our second pick. I'm getting this information from a man who works for the titans and several other teams. He posts it on some of the titans message boards. I'm for getting DJ, but if he's not there when we pick we'll either trade down or get R. Brown.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: