Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

S Moss & S Taylor
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fall back and be easy are of the English language and they are phrases that mean calm down. It's not a big deal to me because it's not a major part of my life. Football is a hobby. Sometimes people take it too seriously. My team isn't contending for anything? I don't have a team. The team (the Redskins) that I happen to the like could be contenders for the Super Bowl. Football is unpredictable in the sense of any team can be successful during any year.
skins28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inkwell....Chill out. We are all rooting for the same team here. I don't agree with trading Sean Taylor. He is a once in a lifetime player. But we are all here to play GM and pretend like our opinion actually matters. So let's not get caught up in semantics.
thedoc4454

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the post that the eventual outcome will be that the Redskins will let the situation blow over with time - and money.
What bothers me is that they would give one more penny to anyone who has agreed to play at a specific price already. This is the slippery slope professional sports is careening down right now.
Take a stand!
Also, I agree that there isn't anyone in the draft with nearly as much talent as Sean Taylor. Who cares? Theres the kid from Georgia and one from Oklahoma - good safeties.
So let me end with this question. Who do you want on your team for the next 10 years, a good player who wants to be a Redskin and is a team player or a great player who is a pain in the [inappropriate/removed], who's only interest is jacking the team up for more cash every year or so and plays for himself?

Seems like a pretty simple choice to me. What do you think New England would do?
inkwell

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
Fall back and be easy are of the English language and they are phrases that mean calm down. It's not a big deal to me because it's not a major part of my life. Football is a hobby. Sometimes people take it too seriously. My team isn't contending for anything? I don't have a team. The team (the Redskins) that I happen to the like could be contenders for the Super Bowl. Football is unpredictable in the sense of any team can be successful during any year.

why do you presume I am not calm? I asked a simple question. I must say I do find your posts disingenuous based on the amount of time you spend here and number of posts you make including posts striking out at others such as the Eagles fan who laughed at your Redskins. The Redskins could contend for the Super Bowl? in what decade? You just invalidated any reason to take your comments seriously. You obviously know nothing. lol and when YOU refer to "your" team, it means the team you root for but when I refer to "your" team it doesnt? try some consistency here.

Last edited by inkwell on Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
inkwell

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skins28 wrote:
Inkwell....Chill out. We are all rooting for the same team here. I don't agree with trading Sean Taylor. He is a once in a lifetime player. But we are all here to play GM and pretend like our opinion actually matters. So let's not get caught up in semantics.

Chill? I am not upset. I am calm. I just dont suffer fools easily. I never said to trade Sean Taylor. Not sure where you got that from. But lets get one thing straight. I do NOT root for the same team as you. As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins cannot lose often enough for me. There are only 16 regular games and 4 preseason games. 20 games is just not enough losses in one season for any team owned by that jerk. It is hard not to get caught up in semantics when you make ridiculous statements like Taylor, after one season is a once in a lifetime player. A lifetime is 70 some years. That covers the entire existence of the NFL. So you are saying he is the best player ever to play professional football? In MY lifetime (46 years) I have seen Ronnie Lott, Larry Wilson, Ken Houston . . . are you saying Sean Taylor is better than them? Or by once in a lifetime are you referring to something other than his talen ot ability or effect on the game? When you resort to mindless cliches, it is hard to not resort to semantics to try and understand just what you mean.
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inkwell wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:

why do you presume I am not calm? I asked a simple question. I must say I do find your posts disingenuous based on the amount of time you spend here and number of posts you make including posts striking out at others such as the Eagles fan who laughed at your Redskins. The Redskins could contend for the Super Bowl? in what decade? You just invalidated any reason to take your comments seriously. You obviously know nothing. lol and when YOU refer to "your" team, it means the team you root for but when I refer to "your" team it doesnt? try some consistency here.

I assumed that you weren't calm when you capitalized the 'you' in your first comment directed towards me. I didn't strike out at those Eagles fans. I just saw that there was a 'Let's Bash The Redskins' post. I don't think it makes sense to meaninglessly bash anyone or any team. I'm a very neutral person. While my loyalty does lie within the Redskins organizition, I'd even take up for the Cowboys in certain situations. As far as the Redskins contending for the Superbowl... someone's got to believe in them, so it may as well be me. They have a great defense and retaining Fred Smoot and AP would have been smart moves but I still think they'll have a solid defense going into this season. If they can get a pass-catching threat in the form of a TE or WR and a pass-rushing DE, I believe that they'll be vastly improved and could one day be a serious contender. I'm just trying to keep hope alive for the Redskins. To say I know nothing is a stretch and seems a little harsh. I never even attempted to disrespect you in any manner. As far as that whole 'my' team thing... I was just showing you how things are taken out of context. That's how this originally started. You thought that I was referring to making a managerial decision when I was merely expressing my opinion from a fan's point of view and I assumed that you were trying to be a jerk when you were only questioning my rational. I believe that we both read into each other's statements the wrong way. On my behalf, I sincerely apologize. It was all a mix-up, so I don't think there's any reason to even remotely argue.

On a side note, trading Sean Taylor was someone else's idea. While I doubt the Redskins will do that right now, it's a possibility. He had a positive impact on the team's defense and I can't wait to see the defense with a healthy Matt Bowen starting. I think Sean Taylor will only get better with experience and hopefully more mature.
riggensghost

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is why I hate Drew Rosenhaus, he can not ethically and in the best interest represent so many players in today's NFL. Lets take the Redskins for instance. He manages Moss and Taylor, and he know the redskins only have enough cap space to sign thier draft picks and yet he is demanding more money for both playters. Lets say the resdkins only have enough money to work one deal. How does Drew pick? He will obviously try harder for one client (the one with the larger contract and thus the larger commission) and the other will be SOL. He is a greedy bum that gets players to fire their managers by convincing them they are worth much more money, then he talks them into sitting out when they dont get their way.

Guys like him are going to kill football and the worst part is that he and Dan Snyder are very good friends.
e16bball

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riggensghost wrote:
Guys like him are going to kill football and the worst part is that he and Dan Snyder are very good friends.

The worst part? Hey maybe that's the best part. We can use any advantage we can get. Of course, I doubt Rosenhaus would cut us a break, but we can hope, I guess...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: