You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1 round w/ GOOD explanations i think ull like it, grades plz
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broncosfan13

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: 1 round w/ GOOD explanations i think ull like it, grades plz Reply with quote

1.Oakland Raiders-JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU: Andrew Walters and Aaron Brooks are not the answer at QB so they take a big strong QB with a rocket for an arm and hope he can be the franchise player for them.

2. Detroit Lions-Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin: They could go with Quinn here but they have several team needs and they start by re-building the O-line. Also QB is not a HUGE need because Kitna threw for 4,000+ yards last year so I see them taking Thomas and Brohm in next years draft.

3. Cleveland Browns-Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma: They could also go with a lineman with this pick but good lineman come in every draft Adrian Peterson type backs donít. This guy has the perfect combination of size speed and power and could b a monster in Cleveland.

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers-Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech: Joey Galloway is getting older and Claytons numbers have gone down since his rookie year. Johnson should be a great target for Simms or Gradkowski and has the tools to be an elite WR in this league.

5. Arizona Cardinals-Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson: The Cardinals have nearly all the tools on offense except a few small holes on the O-line but with nobody worth taking on the O-line at this spot they turn to the defensive side of the ball. They take a very good pass rushing DE who will help their defense tremendously and probably make the Cardinals the surprise team of the year for the 4th year running or so.

6. Washington Redskins-Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas: This guy has been flying up everybodyís boards and looks like he should be a very solid DE. The skins had a very disappointing year last year and need to start re-building at key positions so this is really BPA.

7. Minnesota Vikings-Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC: The Vikings probably had the worst receiving group in the league last year and Jarrett would normally be the #1 receiver taken but Calvin Johnson type players donít come around often. Jarrett has the tools to be a pro-bowl receiver and if Jackson turns out to be good the combo of Jackson to Jarrett could be like Culpepper to Moss.

8. Houston Texans-LaRon Landry,S, LSU: The Texans have needed a safety since they came into the league and Landry is just what they need. Heís a ball hawk and isnít afraid to hit someone and help on run defense. With Landry, a few more draft picks and some F/A acquisitions the Texans can start to become a contender in this league.

9. Miami Dolphins-Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame: Quinn is a top-notch QB and when he falls this far the phins cant pass him up. QB was one of the major concerns last year so they take Quinn to help puss Culpepper and if he doesnít work out have Quinn take his place. This could easily turn out to be a Drew Bress and Phillip Rivers situation like in San Diego.

10. Atlanta Falcons-Reggie Nelson,S, Florida: The Falcons need a playmaker at the safety position and Nelson gives them exactly that. With Nelson, Milloy, and Hall in the secondary they will be tough to pass on and if there LB and John Abraham can stay healthy they could have a tough D.

11. San Francisco 49ers-Darrelle Revis, CB, Pitt: Revis now looks like the best CB in the draft and it is a position the niners need to address early. They have a few other needs, mainly a defense but that can be addressed later in the draft or in Free Agency.

12. Buffalo Bills-Alan Branch, DT, Michigan: I feel if Branch falls to the Bills this is best scenario for them. He would be a huge help on their run defense and pass rush. With the addition of Branch their defense should be a lot better and as long as they donít have a terrible Free Agency and draft rounds 2-7 they will have a good team next year. In my opinion the Bills are the surprise team for the 2007-2008 season go ahead and quote me on that.

13. St. Louis Rams-Patrick Willis, LB, Ole Miss: Linebacker seems to be the biggest need for Rams but with Willis they would have a very solid group. They could go with Okoye here since their run defense was terrible last year but this is a bit high for him and Willis can help on the run and pass defense.

14. Carolina Panthers-Paul Posluszny, LB, Penn State: There are question marks surrounding Morgan so they need to take a linebacker backer here to possibly replace him. The Panthers also could use a safety but this is to high to take Griffin so they go with their #2 need on defense and take a hard nosed linebacker in Posluszny.

15. Pittsburgh Steelers-Quentin Moses, DE/OLB, Georgia: Its surprising the Steelers had such a bad season because they really donít have any glaring needs on either side of the ball. Moses is a very good athlete and can play DE or OLB and was supposed to be a top 5 pick going into this season but he had a disappointing season so he falls to the Steelers who could end up getting a steal.

16. Green Bay Packers-Marshawn Lynch, RB, Cal: The last few seasons the Packers have done a very fine job of re-building there team the last couple of years and now have just of few more positions to improve on. With Greenís inconsistency and injury problems there is no need to pay him top dollar so they release him and get a very good all around back to continuing re-building and hopefully get favre to come back for another year.

17. Jacksonville Jaguars-Ted Ginn Jr, WR, Ohio State: The Jags have a few small needs on defense but overall they have a solid D. Their receivers are good but all of them are tall so they really donít have much speed outside of Jones. Ginn will add a whole new dimension to the offense and if they can get a good QB they make no longer be the ďyea butĒ team.

18. Cincinnati Bengals-Lawrence Timmons, LB, FSU: The Bengals need some help on defense and with the unfortunate loss of Polack they need a linebacker. Timmons is the best available and should be a big improvement to the defense and the best part is he has a good record with the cops! 9 arrests in 9 months... Itís getting ridiculous.

19. Tennessee Titans-Daymeion Hughes, CB, California: The Titans came out of nowhere last year after Vince Young took over as the starter and their offense starting looking pretty good although it could use a little help. Their main concern however is defense and they need a good CB to go with Pac-Man.

20. New York Giants-Leon Hall, CB, Michigan: They were the most confusing team last year, one week looking like SB contenders, the next looking like the Raiders could beat them. Going by one of their ďgoodĒ weeks the only major concern is really CB with their starters getting old and slow. If they can stay consistent and Eli and Jacobs can produce they could be a team to watch out for.

21. Denver Broncos-Amobi Akoye, DT, Lousiville: It is a gift that Okoye fell to them because it is exactly what they needed. The Browns D-line was nice for awhile but its time to get Dumerville (at least part time) and a new DT in there because pressure on the QB was really their only major concern last year. With a few more addition on defense the ORANGE CRUSH will be back!

22. Dallas Cowboys-Justin Blalock, OG, Texas: What they could really use with this pick is a holder for field goals ok Iím kidding but with Allen leaving last year and inconsistency on the O-line this is probably the biggest need.

23. Kansas City Chiefs-Levi Brown, OT, Penn State: The Chiefs had a tremendous O-line, easily the best in the NFL for years but now they are starting to get old and some have already retired. With some youth on the O-line Larry Johnson could run for 1,800+ yards and 20 TD.

24. New England (from Seattle)-LaMarr Woodley, DE/OLB, Michigan: It doesnít seem to matter who the Patriots have on the field it seems as long as they have Brady and Belichick they win. This will probably only last for so long though and they need some youth on defense so they take Woodley who has the potential to be a Shawn Merriman type player.

25. New York Jets-Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska: The J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS (I had to get that in there) had a great year last year coming out of nowhere but they were just a few piece short. This seems to be a popular pick in New York and I can see why at 6-6 300 lbs and a 4.75 40 this guy is a beast.

26. Philadelphia Eagles-Michael Griffin, S, Texas: For some reason the Eagle fans say Michael Griffin or nothing so I had to give him to them or else they would probably boo their pickÖagain. Lewis had a disappointing season so if they get Griffin they would have a scary combo in the secondary with Dawkings and Griffin.

27. New Orleans Saints-Marcus McCauley, CB, Fresno State: They came back from Katrina and surprised America and came just short of the SB. If you watched the NFC championship game Fred Thomas got burned several times so they need a CB to help out.

28. New England Patriots-Sidney Rice, WR, South Carolina: They have a good group of receiver but none of them are much better than average so they have to take an explosive receiver to give Brady another target.

29. Baltimore Ravens-Jared Gaither, OT, Maryland: A lot of people see the Ravens drafting Bush with this pick but I think its to high for him and not a major concern. With OLB worth taking at this spot they go to their next need and take the best tackle available which might help rejuvenate Jamal Lewis.

30. San Diego Chargers-Robert Meachem , WR, Tennessee: The Chargers only needs are at WR and safety and after watching the receivers drop and fumble the football several times in their loss to the Patriots I think its clear they need to take a receiver here.

31. Indianapolis Colts-H.B Blades, LB, Pittsburg: Blades is good value with this pick and really the only need for the Colts. They really only need help on the run although it was tough in the playoffs but they still need to address defense so they take the BPA.

32. Chicago Bears-Rufus Alexander, OLB, Oklahoma: The Bears donít really need help at many positions obviously thatís why they have they 32nd pick. I think they have to take the best LB availabe in case Briggs so they would have someone able to step right in.

Last edited by Broncosfan13 on Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
tiph88n

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont like...

mia: cant pay 2 starting QBs
buf: just drafted DT John McCargo in 1st last year
kc: older on the inside of the line-could use sidney rice
chi: too solid at DT but could use LB if Lance Briggs leaves

overall solid draft
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an Eagles fan I'd love Michael Griffin, and yes if he was there and he wasn't the pick we would have boo'd.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tiph88n wrote:
kc: older on the inside of the line-could use sidney rice

We may be older in the middle of the O-line, but Jordan Black and Kyle Turley aren't getting the job done. Plus, we have pretty good depth for the inside of the O-line. I personally love KC's pick in this mock. I don't think it's gonna go down like that because of Herm's love affair with the defense, but I wouldn't mind seeing Levi Brown in Red and Gold one bit.
diamondcutter27

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Levi Brown is perfect pick for KC
Money-Maker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: 1 round w/ GOOD explanations i think ull like it, grades Reply with quote

Broncosfan13 wrote:
29. Baltimore Ravens-Jared Gaither, OT, Maryland: A lot of people see the Ravens drafting Bush with this pick but I think its to high for him and not a major concern. With OLB worth taking at this spot they go to their next need and take the best tackle available which might help rejuvenate Jamal Lewis.

I love the draft. The only question I would have is that I don't see Gaither on the final lists of underclassmen. Maybe they'll look for depth at WR or Corner.
VinceYoung1010

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im starting to like that hughes pick for the titans in the first. good job.
wildboy26

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted.
Rads3388

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Understandable Bears' pick. However, if we re-sign Briggs, Aaron Sears is the man here. Oh, yeah, Jared Gaither isn't in the draft.
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rads3388 wrote:
Understandable Bears' pick. However, if we re-sign Briggs, Aaron Sears is the man here. Oh, yeah, Jared Gaither isn't in the draft.

y are you looking at mock drafts when your team is in the superbowl????????????????????????

the niners will addres corner in FA we have 40 mil. when we could draft (in no order):
Quentin Moses
Patrick Willis
Ted Ginn Jr
maybe alan branch but the only way that would happen is if we move back to the 4-3
d34ng3l021

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good pick for Falcons but Branch is BPA.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great bengals pick.
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this bad boy is A OK with me Smile Nelson is who everyone from the falcons want since we can't get CJ. we want nelson even over landry Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vikings101

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B+ for the Vikings, good pick and decent explanation.
A+ if we trade down a few spots and pick up an extra pick, but still get Jarrett.

Sig by chief_fan822003
TTitanFAN32

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
19. Tennessee Titans-Daymeion Hughes, CB, California: The Titans came out of nowhere last year after Vince Young took over as the starter and their offense starting looking pretty good although it could use a little help. Their main concern however is defense and they need a good CB to go with Pac-Man.

I'm pretty surprised that Hughes has been doing so well in Senior day practices but I'd still rather go defensive line with Amobi Okoye here. Just can't see us passing on him in this situation.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: