You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SAINTS SAINTS SAINTS!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyguy594

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: SAINTS SAINTS SAINTS!! Reply with quote

hey everyone its me again lol. I cant wait for the offseason in free agency and the draft to start. I would like yall to list out top 4 or 5 team needs and who our first pick in the draft should be. And list 3-4 or whatever you want free agents we should get!!
NOSaints

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As good as we were we still have a lot of areas where we can improve
Team Needs:
1. CB-IMO our biggest need
2. LB-we have decent guys but we could get more athletic at the position
3. DT-Hollis Thomas is a FA and not getting any younger
4. WR-Horn having a few questions and getting older we need a #2 or #1 just think if Colston and Henderson were #s 2-3 and getting better
5. TE-Billy Miller has played well but if we don't go after Graham I look for us to pick up one in the middle rounds of the draft
6. OL-as great as they played this year we could still get better
7. DE-if Charles Grant leaves this moves up to above LB IMO
8. QB-We need someone to back up Drew Brees, Jaime Martin is getting older
9. K- at some point in the next year or so this will become an issue

I know you said 4-5 team needs but I just kept going sorry

As far as who to draft it all depends on who falls we never expected to get Reggie.

My Wish List
Free Agents:
1a. Asante Samuel 1b. Nate Clements
2a. Adalius Thomas 2b. Lance Briggs 2c. Cato June
3. I don't know much about Terdell Sands but a lot of people seem to be high on him
4a. Daniel Graham possibly 4b. Eric Johnson but I would rather address TE in the draft if we choose not to get Graham
flyguy594

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL I said 4-5 but you can name as many as u want man. Very Happy
Saints Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the Offense, hate the defense. IMO the defense is very overrated and the only reason they have those stats is because they are padded. It's because our offense holds the ball for so long the opposing offense doesn't have time to attack our defense thoroughly.

1.) CB - This need is obvious. Thomas, Mckenzie and Craft are all getting old and Fred Thomas just sucks.

2.) CB - Just felt like mentioning it again cuz we are so awful there. Smile

3.) LB - We have a capable group as of right now but i definetly think we can do better. We need to get faster.

4.) DT - Hollis Thomas is a good DT but he is getting old and Bryan Young is only a good pass rusher. For how bad our pass defense was remember it was our rush defense that everyone would feast on.

5.) WR - Colston has the potential to be our #1 guy (probably already is). Henderson is a good reciever but great slot reciever and Joe Horn is getting up there in age. Plus i think the team could always use another WR because mostly the reason our WR's did good this year was because of the amazing Brees and not the greatness of our reciever corp (except for Colston of course).

6.) OL - I love our O-Line to death for what it has done but i still think it needs improvement. Our C, LT and RG i'm fine with (I mean two first rounders and a rookie starter Come on!!) I'm still not sold on Jon Stinchcomb or Jamar Nesbit, i'd like to see Payton give Strief a try at RT and maybe get a late round OL in the draft.

7.) TE - I know our offense is unstoppable so this is really only a minor thorn in our side and i would like to get graham in FA.

8.) K - Carney is gettin hella old and i love him to death but unless Cundiff really excels at the kickin stuff and gets his aim corrected i feel that he will only be a KOS. I would like to get one either in the 7th round or in College FA.

I think the New Orleans Saints with their first round pick will take Daymeion Hughes, CB, Cal

In Free Agency i would like to get in the following order:

1a - Asante Samuel. 1b - Nate Clements
2a - Cato June. 2b - Lance Briggs. 2c - Adalius Thomas
3 - Terdell Sands
4. - Ben Graham

Feel free to comment

Props to saintsfan for the mad sig
flyguy594

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey SaintsFan everything u said I agree 100% with.
Saints Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well glad to hear it and

GEAUX SAINTS!! WHO DAT!!

Props to saintsfan for the mad sig
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: SAINTS SAINTS SAINTS!! Reply with quote

Free Agency: Asante Samuel of New England would be a great fit but will the Patroits let him walk? Charles Grant will likley not be resigned (maybe franchised) because of his salery demands. Look for the Saints to maybe take a DE high in this draft as Grants replacement.

My feelings are that Horn will be gone and the Saints will look to draft a WR somewhere between rounds 3-5. Charles Grant is likley on his way out of New Orleans and if so the Saints would be better off drafting a DE in the first round such as Florida's Jarvis Moss, Victor Abiamira of Notre Dame, Lamar Woodly of Michigan, Quentien Mosses of Georgia, Adam Carriker of Nebraska and Lawerance Jackson of USC would all be great replacements for Grant. Personaly I think that this would be the right decision, let Grant walk and replace him with one of the above DE in the first round then in the second turn to the top MLB left on the board such as Buster Davis of Florida St., HB Blades of Pitt or Brandon Slier of Florida

The thinking; Grant has been a good player for the Saints but not a great player, and you don't pay the kind of money that Grant wants to good players you pay that to great ones. Remember Will Smith's contract will be comming up soon and he's a great one! All in all, I'd love for Grant to stay but would be ok with a more pure pass rusher such as Mosses of Georgia or Moss from Florida. We can't let one player force our hand to overpay him because the bottom line is that the Saints could likley resign Hollis Thomas, Scott Schalne, John Stichomb, Omar Stoutomire and Mark Simmineou for the price it would cost to lock up Grant long term.

WhoDat!
the Saint

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: my wish list Reply with quote

Id like to see us get a shut down cover to compliment McKenzie. whether its Samuels or Clements. then id like to see us get another LB like
Briggs from chicago. I think that if the bears lose to Peyton & co. we would have a better chance to get him( That superbowl ring thing). then TE
Graham or Stevens, finally then another run stopper at DT.
I know this is a bit of a list. but this is what we need IMO.
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

charles grant is the best player on our defense. anyone who thinks that the saints should let this guy walk should be placed in a psych ward. there may be 5 better DEs in the NFL when it comes to playing both the run and pass. good players don't grow on trees.
bensonblows

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammymvpknight wrote:
charles grant is the best player on our defense. anyone who thinks that the saints should let this guy walk should be placed in a psych ward. there may be 5 better DEs in the NFL when it comes to playing both the run and pass. good players don't grow on trees.

Yeah I used to agree with this statement but he didn't even have 1 tackle in the NFC Championship. I don't know what happened, but that's bad.
D24pick

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 CB-We suck here. Besides McKenzie, there's no one here, plus everyone is getting old

2 MLB-Simoneau sucks and Clark just never got his chance on this team

3 DT-Tank is getting pretty old. Young is getting better but who's there other than Lake.

4 WR-Dev, Colston, and Copper looks pretty good, but we need that great core we had this year

5 TE-Miller and Campbell has played well, but come on there are both old and we need athleticism

6 K-Carney and Cundiff=poop

I don't like the Saints going so early on a CB. It takes progression for a CB to develop into a lockdown CB.
First pick on LB Willis or Tank at DT

1 CB Samuels, no question about it. Pretty much easier to get since Clements want to be the highest paid CB in the league

2 MLB Like I said, teams are really overlooking Willis. Willis has also been getting bad reports from practice, not to bad. Which makes him fall to us which is excellent; With that being said I still get a guy like Edwards in FA

3 DT Everyone is saying Terdell Sands, but Im not sold on it. I'd rather get a younger more atheletic player like Randy Starks. Great player and doesn't want all the money

4 WR I like either Buster Davis, Brandon Myles, or Jarrett Hicks in the draft. All great WR's and can play #2 or 3 on our team.

5 TE Ben Graham is the target here. Even though he'll likely accept a job here, I wouldn't overlook the Stevens guy. I also would die if we would not take Scott Chanlder in the draft, a beast by the goaline

6 K If we don't go and get Mason Crosby I'll die. Just like Carney will if he plays another season under us

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: