You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GREAT 2 ROUND MOCK DRAFT-BETTER THAN MOST
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sped13

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st: The Browns and Bucs will rotate picks each round. If Tampa has the 3rd pick in the first then the Browns will have the 3rd pick in the second and so on.

2nd: 3 or 4 is WAY too high for Jammal Anderson. Besides if we went D-Line we would most likely trade down and get Branch who is also not worth a 3 or 4 pick.

If the Browns stay at 3 or 4 they will take Thomas or Peterson and no offense to all those people that like peterson but our line is the major problem. Getting Peterson would be a mistake when you still have no line around him.
gseabrook26

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: 2 ROUND MOCK WITH EXPLANATIONS-I THINK BETTER THAN MOST Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
brett1120 wrote:
ROUND 1
15. PITTSBURGH STEELERS- Darrelle Revis(CB Pittsburgh)
Most say they don't have a glaring need but they must not have watched Ike Taylor last year. Washington is getting old as well, so i think cornerback is a huge need. Plus, where did he play his college ball?

Hmmm... who is Washington, only Washington we have is a young WR?

No kidding.
The Steelers won't go with CB. The reason the DB's looked awful was b/c they had no pass rush. It's either OLB or OG.

By the way, brutal Steelers picks.
YourDaddy34

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Hey asshat- Georgia's Quentin Moses is a DE* Reply with quote

nm
titansFAN43

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

decent first rounder for the titans i would rather see us take Charles Johnson though, terrible second round pick though, we definately dont need an OT we pretty set there Brandon Merriweather is no where to be found on this mock give him to us here
Brownsin '07

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it hilarious that you think Brady Quinn is a clutch performer losing bowl games back to back years along with losses to Michigan and USC. Good one.
DerrickJohnson#11

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucs have the colts 2nd rounder but i love the bucs pick and siler would also be fine.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="youngnfresh"]Jamaal Anderson is about 30 pounds lighter then Richard Seymour. Seymour measures in at about 310, Anderson at about 280. He doesn't have the strength to play tackle in a 4-3, or end in a 3-4.[/quote]

When Seymour came into the league he was about 290. Anderson has the frame to put on another 15 pounds. Plus look at most DE in a 3/4, the average right around 280-290.
One4theThumb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 ROUND MOCK WITH EXPLANATIONS-I THINK BETTER THAN MOST Reply with quote

brett1120 wrote:

Most say they don't have a glaring need but they must not have watched Ike Taylor last year. Washington is getting old as well, so i think cornerback is a huge need. Plus, where did he play his college ball?

Come on!

Where'd TO play college ball?
Where'd Daniael Manning play in college?
Where'd Rashean Mathis play college ball?
Where'd Marques Colston play in college?
And so on and so on.................
Get the point??????????????

Thats terrible, not even the pick or explaination, just the idea that he played at Louisiana-Lafayette makes him unable to perform in the NFL, or win a SuperBowl as a starter............wait, he did that.
brett1120

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 ROUND MOCK WITH EXPLANATIONS-I THINK BETTER THAN MOST Reply with quote

[quote="JDLefebvre"][quote="brett1120"]ROUND 1
Most say they don't have a glaring need but they must not have watched Ike Taylor last year. [b]Washington is getting old as well[/b], so i think cornerback is a huge need. Plus, where did he play his college ball?[/quote]

Hmmm... who is Washington, only Washington we have is a young WR?[/quote]

Dewayne Washington Corner i believe
brett1120

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="titansFAN43"]decent first rounder for the titans i would rather see us take Charles Johnson though, terrible second round pick though, we definately dont need an OT we pretty set there Brandon Merriweather is no where to be found on this mock give him to us here[/quote]

The only reason i don't have Meriweather in this draft is b/c his off field issues. It would be a good pick for them but i think Fisher has enough issues with Pacman.
One4theThumb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Weddle played for Utah btw

Honestly not trying to be a jerk here after the last post, just pointing it out
brett1120

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Brownsin '07"]I find it hilarious that you think Brady Quinn is a clutch performer losing bowl games back to back years along with losses to Michigan and USC. Good one.[/quote]

Look at 4th quarter comebacks and his performance against USC last year. He played behind a average o-line and his D was awful. Charlie Weis has him groomed as an NFL QB. No other college QB can say that.
Fishfan79

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9. MIAMI DOLPHINS-Amobi Okoye (DT Louisville)
Their tackles are ancient and all could walk in free agency anyway. They need a strong anchor in the middle for their 3-4 D.

287 LB guys are not Nose Tackles, please see football 101

Gaines Adams please

41. MIAMI DOLPHINS- Marshal Yanda (OT Iowa)
See pick #40.

Too small yet again Houck likes big Tackles, Robert Meacham

Horrible miami dolphins draft, a complete and utter failure
brett1120

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 ROUND MOCK WITH EXPLANATIONS-I THINK BETTER THAN MOST Reply with quote

[quote="One4theThumb"][quote="brett1120"]
Most say they don't have a glaring need but they must not have watched Ike Taylor last year. Washington is getting old as well, so i think cornerback is a huge need. Plus, where did he play his college ball?[/quote]

Come on!

Where'd TO play college ball?
Where'd Daniael Manning play in college?
Where'd Rashean Mathis play college ball?
Where'd Marques Colston play in college?
And so on and so on.................
Get the point??????????????

Thats terrible, not even the pick or explaination, just the idea that he played at Louisiana-Lafayette makes him unable to perform in the NFL, or win a SuperBowl as a starter............wait, he did that.[/quote]

NO i was talking about Revis playing at PITT and by the he got burnt all year long
brett1120

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Sped13"]1st: The Browns and Bucs will rotate picks each round. If Tampa has the 3rd pick in the first then the Browns will have the 3rd pick in the second and so on.

2nd: 3 or 4 is WAY too high for Jammal Anderson. Besides if we went D-Line we would most likely trade down and get Branch who is also not worth a 3 or 4 pick.

If the Browns stay at 3 or 4 they will take Thomas or Peterson and no offense to all those people that like peterson but our line is the major problem. Getting Peterson would be a mistake when you still have no line around him.[/quote]

Noone has heard much from this guy but a lot of experts love his game and his size fits right in with the DE in a 3/4 scheme. A trade down is likely this is just the first try at the draft.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: